Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I know there are some other threads regarding this but this is mainly one to say how much the situation is disappointing me.

I live in Australia and have a Spanish Pre. I can see paid apps just fine. The problem is, it simply won't accept ANY credit card I try, because they have to have an address from Spain, UK, Luxembourg, etc.

I just can't believe how ridiculous this is. I would easily spend like 30 bucks right away if I could, but they don't want my money?

I've got a Visa Debit as well as a normal Visa, neither work. I've tried Entropay, a virtual Visa, that gets rejected too because apparently they don't actually provide an address. I tried Wirecard, which apparently does work, but get told 'Wirecard is not available in your country'.

I know there is a paypal debit card, but apparently paypal australia doesn't have it!!!

This is really starting to get to me. If the situation isn't fixed by the time the next webos handset comes out, I might seriously consider moving to Android. But I think I'd miss WebOS too much.

Does anyone have any ideas?

- Some sort of co-operative where a nice person from an 'official' country could buy apps on behalf of people in this situation? I guess the problem there is, how would they get the apps to us?

- What about a proxy to use Wirecard from unsupported countries?

- Or some kind of communal virtual credit card with a really low limit (for safety) in PreCentral's name that members in un-official countries can pitch in to equally?

- Or maybe even is it possible for someone to organise for any users to get a hold of these?
    http://money.o2.co.uk/loadgo.html

Obviously only something that is within the law and rules of the forum.

I hope some other people feel this is as important as I do. I know there are others in my situation.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I want to enjoy my smartphone but I don't think I want an iPhone or Android.
    Last edited by bennish; 05/26/2010 at 06:38 AM.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    sorry if this was in the wrong place - thanks for the thread move ryleyinstl
    Where was it moved to please, my Spanish Pre is on it's way?! All the other threads seem to stop in early April and would like to get the latest.
    I would maybe spark up a chat with Palm and see if they can help get it resolved. I can't imagine them escalating the situation for people trying to give them money.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Contact Palm Support via Live Chat
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    It's already been tried, bpdamas. other memebers with my problem have spent a LONG time talking to palm representatives who say they're sorry but that's how it is.

wekya - no, the thread has been moved. but if you can see it and post in it, as you have, you can obviously see it! so don't worry about it, you're in the right thread. I'm just trying to keep it all going. Most of the other threads are concerned with making the app store appear. I'm concerned more with being able to purchase the darned things.
    At least you can see apps. My app catalogue shows a big fat Zero.
    Thank goodness for other 'tools'.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    wow, not even free apps?

we put up with a lot of sh** don't we? Just to use the best mobile os in the world. I suppose it's worth it.

Tell you what tho, if it's not fixed by the next webos phone... i'll just bend over and take it like we all will. sigh.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    6 months without access to the App Catalog. No paid apps, no free apps, nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    It's already been tried, bpdamas. other memebers with my problem have spent a LONG time talking to palm representatives who say they're sorry but that's how it is.

wekya - no, the thread has been moved. but if you can see it and post in it, as you have, you can obviously see it! so don't worry about it, you're in the right thread. I'm just trying to keep it all going. Most of the other threads are concerned with making the app store appear. I'm concerned more with being able to purchase the darned things.
    Geez. That is a kick in the Pre. I can't see how they just accept that. Sorry to hear that.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    thanks man.

there are ways, apparently (but only for a few). I won't say what they are but I'm sure you can imagine. It's a shame.