Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How many contacts do you use daily? 15? 20? 50?

How many contacts do you have in your phone? 150? 200? 500?

It would be wonderful to have your frequent contacts a couple of taps away, right?

Imagine this: tap on your launch bar, tap on your friend, and you're connected to him. Fast, easy, amazing. That's Communicate Speed Dial.

Communicate Speed Dial is the new way to keep you in touch with your people. Create groups, customize them, and add contacts to each group. Move easily between groups, and keep all the contact methods near your finger everywhere, everyday.

Not convinced? Watch the introductory video, you'll be...

Try Communicate Speed Dial Lite, replace your Phone icon in your launch bar with Communicate, and you'll love it. Communicate Speed Dial: there is no easier, faster and elegant way to keep you connected to your people.

Last edited by deCorvett; 05/26/2010 at 04:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I had to watch the video a couple of times to catch the details of how to navigate the program. (No "Help" yet, and I twice missed "tap and hold" to edit a contact.) So far it is attractive and rather elegant in execution. The color customization is a little over-the-top (I lost track of the shades of grey), but not intrusive. I would prefer that the SMS option not appear for non-cell numbers, but that's a minor quibble. I also wish it recognized my customized quick launch bar; I only have one of those programs in my quick launch bar. Assuming Communicate lives up to its billing, I can see replacing my page of launch points with this program.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 05/26/2010 at 04:58 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I had to watch the video a couple of times to catch the details of how to navigate the program. (No "Help" yet, and I twice missed "tap and hold" to edit a contact.) So far it is attractive and rather elegant in execution. The color customization is a little over-the-top (I lost track of the shades of grey), but not intrusive. I would prefer that the SMS option not appear for non-cell numbers, but that's a minor quibble. I also wish it recognized my customized quick launch bar; I only have one of those programs in my quick launch bar. Assuming Communicate lives up to its billing, I can see replacing my page of launch points with this program.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take note of all of them.

About the help issue, is our fault... it's being solved right now. You should see the help right now. If not, tell me again.

The customizable quick launch bar is in our to do list, but due to the fact that Palm's API doesn't allows us to know which apps are installed. Meanwhile, we have to find and easy (for users) way to solve this
    Last edited by deCorvett; 05/26/2010 at 05:34 AM.
    just downloaded and took a minute to see how to set favorite. Also swiping make a call. I see huge potential.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    What a great application! I installed the lite version to test and whatever the limitations are, I have not found yet, but will definitely upgrade to the paid.

I asked a question via email before I noticed this thread, you can ignore my email, here was my question:

Can you access the native contacts "Notes" section from your app? I would like to be able to see the notes for a contact from your app, perhaps in an expandable section on the contacts screen.

Also, in the contact edit mode, is it possible to edit phone numbers directly there? Seems like the only way to edit phone numbers is to go back to the entry in the native contact application and edit there. Perhaps this is a Lite limitation?

Finally, if you are able to incorporate the notes section from a contact into your app, can it be edited from your app in a similar way as I described for the contacts phone number above?

This will be a top app on my phone if these suggestions can be incorporated.

THANK YOU for developing for webOS!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    What a great application! I installed the lite version to test and whatever the limitations are, I have not found yet, but will definitely upgrade to the paid.

I asked a question via email before I noticed this thread, you can ignore my email, here was my question:

Can you access the native contacts "Notes" section from your app? I would like to be able to see the notes for a contact from your app, perhaps in an expandable section on the contacts screen.

Also, in the contact edit mode, is it possible to edit phone numbers directly there? Seems like the only way to edit phone numbers is to go back to the entry in the native contact application and edit there. Perhaps this is a Lite limitation?

Finally, if you are able to incorporate the notes section from a contact into your app, can it be edited from your app in a similar way as I described for the contacts phone number above?

This will be a top app on my phone if these suggestions can be incorporated.

THANK YOU for developing for webOS!
    Again, great ideas here! I've noted all, I liked all (yours too, jdod), and you can expect all of them to be added to the app. But, I want to share some info here about editing in-app data: being (in the future) the app able to do this, isn't able (until Palm opens a bit more it's PIM data management model) to share these changes with the system databases. It's worth breaking this uniqueness of data to be able to edit data?

P.D.: (All of you missing features email me to support [ at ] newnessdevelopments [ dot ] com. We're listening!)
    Congrats on the release... I enjoyed beta testing this app
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    It's worth breaking this uniqueness of data to be able to edit data?
    I would say in the case of notes, yes. Phone numbers are generally not changing, but notes can change every time you contact the person. Perhaps some day Palm will open the access, but until then, I would like to edit it on your app, if possible, then perhaps have a way to back this up in the event of a phone failure.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    is it supported by save/restore? Best for me would be if it kept the data in the USB storage area so I could copy it to my PC for backup...
    Just installed this, seems great. I'm still trying to figure out this "Custom Gestures" part, I watched the video but it's just hard for me to read the details from my phone. Could you elaborate on this feature a little more? Like I know I can get to the phone app by hitting the launcher icon from within the app, but is there a custom gesture for this?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is it supported by save/restore? Best for me would be if it kept the data in the USB storage area so I could copy it to my PC for backup...
    As far as I know, that's a thing that must be added by webOS-Internals crew. I'm wrong?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Just installed this, seems great. I'm still trying to figure out this "Custom Gestures" part, I watched the video but it's just hard for me to read the details from my phone. Could you elaborate on this feature a little more? Like I know I can get to the phone app by hitting the launcher icon from within the app, but is there a custom gesture for this?
    We forgot gestures in the help... sorry. As (for now) it's a very basic feature, doesn't need too much explanation: swipe back to launch phone and swipe forward to launch contacts.
    As far as I know, that's a thing that must be added by webOS-Internals crew. I'm wrong?
    Correct. The Dev needs to request it, and the architecture has to make it possible. I think the Dev would have to answer these questions.
  14.    #14  
    How do you see the help? Could we improve this?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Correct. The Dev needs to request it, and the architecture has to make it possible. I think the Dev would have to answer these questions.
    The architecture is very standard, so I don't think there will be a problem with this. I'll seek for the info, but if anyone has THE LINK to get things done, I'll go forward faster...

(althought I must say Newness Developments plans to bring free cloud backup service for all it's apps this quarter)
    The architecture is very standard, so I don't think there will be a problem with this. I'll seek for the info, but if anyone has THE LINK to get things done, I'll go forward faster...

(althought I must say Newness Developments plans to bring free cloud backup service for all it's apps this quarter)
    Where does the App save it's files at? I could write the script and submit it for Save/Restore.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Where does the App save it's files at? I could write the script and submit it for Save/Restore.
    I've sent an MP to you. Tell me if you need more info.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Downloaded the trial and played with it for a little bit... seems great. Only thing that I can think of so far that I would love for it to do, if when in group view, you could swipe left or right on the screen to get to other groups... I know you can touch the group name at the top to do that, I guess I'm a little lazy and would love the convenience of being able to swipe to switch...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    Downloaded the trial and played with it for a little bit... seems great. Only thing that I can think of so far that I would love for it to do, if when in group view, you could swipe left or right on the screen to get to other groups... I know you can touch the group name at the top to do that, I guess I'm a little lazy and would love the convenience of being able to swipe to switch...
    Yes, we have this feature planned to be available in the next months, so you can expect it. No fixed date, sorry. We've received a lot of great feedback and feature requests from our customers (some of them really amazing), and we have a lot of work to be done to be honest, we knew this before, but now we have many more things in our to-do list...).

But be patient, folks. We are going to start by submitting a bugfix update to the App Catalog (probably today). When everything works for everyone, it's time to add more things.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I'm test-driving the lite version so my experience is limited, but I'm confused by all of the bug reports in the App Catelog reviews. I had one screen freeze while trying to edit a contact, otherwise I haven't encountered any problems. I don't see any bug reports in this thread either. Where is the "buggy" rep coming from? What am I missing (before I plunk my 199 pennies down)?

By the way, I really like the front and back gesture function as is. I think it's a very smooth way to access the phone and contacts programs without cluttering up the screen.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 05/27/2010 at 03:47 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast