Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    Curious if anyone else has had this problem. Just recently, Communicate wouldn't open anymore. It just sits at the splash screen. I removed it, re-added it and it worked for a couple of days and now it's not working again. Has anyone else had this issue?

Oh yeah, I really do like this app. It typically works great and makes it very easy for me to separate friends, family and co-workers. Thanks for the work you've done on this...
    A lot of people who has updated the app to 1.0.9... We are solving this, it's our fault (but we needed to make some changes for future releases).
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    A lot of people who has updated the app to 1.0.9... We are solving this, it's our fault (but we needed to make some changes for future releases).
    Thanks
    I had the same behavior beginning today. I have to uninstall the app, then re-install it and it will work until I restart the phone, then it just sits at the blank startup page and nothing.

If it is a 1.0.9 issue, how can we get a previous version? It's pretty much unusable right now as once I reinstall it, I have to redo all my contacts.
    Last edited by moakes22; 08/06/2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thanks -- I'm interested in the app and enjoyed the demo -- can you tell me if the current 1.09 version is unusable in 1.4.1 or 1.4.5? I can wait for version 1.10 if it's not compatible with 1.4.5 (which I will hopefully get tomorrow!)
    i just watched the video, and there doesn't seem to be a way to send an email or IM to everyone in a group. is that functionality supported or planned? i must be in the minority of people who find the type-to-find-contact interaction to be the most efficient already, so an app like this would only be useful if it allows group-email or group-text.
    Quote Originally Posted by moakes22 View Post
    I had the same behavior beginning today. I have to uninstall the app, then re-install it and it will work until I restart the phone, then it just sits at the blank startup page and nothing.

If it is a 1.0.9 issue, how can we get a previous version? It's pretty much unusable right now as once I reinstall it, I have to redo all my contacts.
    +1

This is a great app, but unusable for me right now. (Card launches, but never gets past pulsing icon.) Would rather install the previous version now to have it working, while waiting for next version to come out.

deCorvett: any chance of making this happen?

[Q13]
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Seems to be working after the update. Will keep checking for the next couple of days. Thanks
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i just watched the video, and there doesn't seem to be a way to send an email or IM to everyone in a group. is that functionality supported or planned? i must be in the minority of people who find the type-to-find-contact interaction to be the most efficient already, so an app like this would only be useful if it allows group-email or group-text.
    If you just want group emailing-texting, I invite you to try our app "Mail Lists". It brings some interesting features, like direct emaling from universal search.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuethirteen View Post
    +1

This is a great app, but unusable for me right now. (Card launches, but never gets past pulsing icon.) Would rather install the previous version now to have it working, while waiting for next version to come out.

deCorvett: any chance of making this happen?

[Q13]
    App Catalog doesn't allow downgrading, unfortunately. But the version available right now works as it should.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by stomsf View Post
    Thanks -- I'm interested in the app and enjoyed the demo -- can you tell me if the current 1.09 version is unusable in 1.4.1 or 1.4.5? I can wait for version 1.10 if it's not compatible with 1.4.5 (which I will hopefully get tomorrow!)
    Compatible with all webOS versions, don't worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is it supported by save/restore? Best for me would be if it kept the data in the USB storage area so I could copy it to my PC for backup...
    I would also like to learn where the data is stored, as I just upgrated to a Pre2 and would like to migrate. I can confirm that it did not save to Save/Restore, which I just used to migrate most of my data without much trouble.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Is this still a viable app? I switched from a Pre to a Pre 2 running WebOS 2.1. On the Pre 2, touching the SMS balloon by a contact only brings up the main SMS page, rather than the txt window for that particular contact like it did on the Pre. This renders the function useless.

I dutifully filled out a support email a couple of months ago and received no response whatever. Has Newness Developments stopped supporting this app?
    US Robotics Palm Pilot Pro>Upgrade to Palm Pilot III> Palm V>Upgraded to 8MB>Tungsten T>Treo 650>Treo 755p>Palm Pre>Touchpad & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Is this still a viable app? I switched from a Pre to a Pre 2 running WebOS 2.1. On the Pre 2, touching the SMS balloon by a contact only brings up the main SMS page, rather than the txt window for that particular contact like it did on the Pre. This renders the function useless.

I dutifully filled out a support email a couple of months ago and received no response whatever. Has Newness Developments stopped supporting this app?
    I've also tried contacting them without success. It's unfortunate, as I relied on their app extensively.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I don't know why he doesn't reply here but try his Twitter account @newnessdevs

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Was just looking at how to remove the ugly 50% off from the app title for communities - and happened to notice the 50% off has disappeared now from the app title? Just before noticing this Luna reset unexpectedly whilst using the app so don't know if that was related

But just in case anyone else is was bothered about that appearing in the app title it appears its not permanent, I'll have to and find something else very minor to worry about now :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123