Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I'm test-driving the lite version so my experience is limited, but I'm confused by all of the bug reports in the App Catelog reviews. I had one screen freeze while trying to edit a contact, otherwise I haven't encountered any problems. I don't see any bug reports in this thread either. Where is the "buggy" rep coming from? What am I missing (before I plunk my 199 pennies down)?

By the way, I really like the front and back gesture function as is. I think it's a very smooth way to access the phone and contacts programs with cluttering up the screen.
    We are not talking about a lot of bugs. We are talking about this freezing thing, that is related to another issue that causes improper data management. I think we've located this, and now we are testing it.
  2.    #22  
    Well, bugfix update submitted to the app catalog. Everything should work as expected with Communicate 1.0.5.

All the reports was due to the same thing (as far as we have been reported). A lot of customers reports bugs in the Catalog, but later don't contact developers for a fix. Some people even try the Lite version does not work for them, and buy the paid version. Of course, publishes a review on both, but don't contact us.

I think users have right to get working apps for their money (support service is here to grant it), so I don't understand why don't contact us...
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Thanks for your clarification of the "buggy app" talk in the App Catelog reviews. I remain impressed with your app and am 95% sure I will purchase it once I hear some feedback on the update.

One other note: I'm probably more conservative than a lot of Pre users, but I actually like the launcher icon as is. I think it's classic, but stylized just enough to be mod.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    One other note: I'm probably more conservative than a lot of Pre users, but I actually like the launcher icon as is. I think it's classic, but stylized just enough to be mod.
    +1
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  5.    #25  
    The icon will be this way for some time, I think. That's not only an aesthetical decission.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    hope folks support and buy this app. Even with the bugs mentioned I think it is still the best speed dial app available. Bought it today. With the supportive developer it's only going to get better.
  7.    #27  
    Bad news, folks.

This days, working on the app, we've found a few more bugs (not critical, but bugs), so today I've asked for rejection of the update.

We've been working on these bugs, and also on some features that weren't polished, and you'll have to wait a few more days for the update.

As a reward for waiting, you will get new stuff with the update.
  8.    #28  
    hum... It seems that we've pressed the button too late, and Communicate 1.0.5 is available to download.

You'll probably find some bugs in this version, but is quite stable and doesn't corrupt your data.

Basically, you'll find that:

- contextual menus in details' drawer doesn't work
    - if you tap&hold to show contextual menu and move your finger without releasing it after the contextual menu is shown, causes contextual menu not working, and hanging the app.
    - In drawer items, if you tap on labels or icons instead of the detail, it doesn't does anything (except closing the app if you have the option enabled).

That stuff is solved for the new version of communicate, that we'll probably submit to the Catalog today or tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
    Last edited by deCorvett; 06/02/2010 at 04:00 AM.
  9.    #29  
    Well, Communicate 1.0.6 is ready to be submitted to the App Catalog. You can expect it to be available next week.

This versions is totally bug free (I hope), and will bring you the enhacement that you can see in the following video:

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    i like it. very neat i dont like replacing my phone icon tho
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    The only enhancement I detected in the video was the ability to move between group pages like launcher pages. That's nice, but the most important aspect of this update for me will be the ability to create more than 2 groups. I anxiously await the update.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  12.    #32  
    are you using 1.0.5? Everything works perfectly with 1.0.5...
    Last edited by deCorvett; 06/04/2010 at 04:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I am using 1.0.5, and I just discovered that it does work. I saw your caveat on the release of 1.0.5 and didn't try to create more groups lest I corrupt the two I had and end up having to start all over again. I've created four groups so far, and they're switching smoothly. I also attempted to edit a contact and the screen didn't freeze.

Thanks.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    i like it. very neat i dont like replacing my phone icon tho
    You don't need to replace the phone icon, but with gestures, you have the phone app always available
  15.    #35  
    I am using 1.0.5, and I just discovered that it does work. I saw your caveat on the release of 1.0.5 and didn't try to create more groups lest I corrupt the two I had and end up having to start all over again. I've created four groups so far, and they're switching smoothly. I also attempted to edit a contact and the screen didn't freeze.

Thanks.
    The 1.0.5 app works, and works safely. Only has the undesired behaviours I've explained.
  16.    #36  
    Communicate 1.0.7 is out!

- Rock solid release
    - As always, fast as hell
    - New swipe for changing group

Update your app and share your thoughts in the App Catalog. For questions, here I am!
  17.    #37  
    Hi,

I need some feedback from you. We are planning some changes to Communicate, and one of them is remove the app launcher and replace it with quick dial items. With the current API isn't possible to customize the launch bar easily, so it's usefulness is very limited.

What do you think about this?
    Hi,

Actually, I'm quite happy the way it is.

I would just like to have the option to turn down add contact/edit group buttons.
    Once you've set your group you don't need them that often.

Another feature that I would like is the option to keep the app launcher visible.
    As I tend to replace standard quick bar app (phone, contacts, messaging,....) by other app (starting with communicate), it is good to have them there.

Thanks for your app. It was the first one I purchased on the app catalog.
    Hum, thinking about it, an idea came to my mind (I probably must have seen it somewhere before).

You could implement 3 buttons at the end of the page:
    -Phone (set as default)
    -SMS
    -Email

Tapping one of them before tapping the contact would allow you to send SMS & email (today this is done by expanding the contact & tapping alternatively SMS or email)
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Curious if anyone else has had this problem. Just recently, Communicate wouldn't open anymore. It just sits at the splash screen. I removed it, re-added it and it worked for a couple of days and now it's not working again. Has anyone else had this issue?

Oh yeah, I really do like this app. It typically works great and makes it very easy for me to separate friends, family and co-workers. Thanks for the work you've done on this...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast