1.    #1  
    i had a blackberry storm before i got my pre plus and would use the volume buttons on the side by holding it down to change the songs back and forth.. ive looked everywhere and couldnt find anything and wanted to know if there is an app, patch, or somethin that would let me be able to do that.. any kind of info would be great..
    I just use the headphone button.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  3.    #3  
    yea i know about that.. thing is that i connect my phone to my car to listen to my music..
    Half the time on my previous Storm, when I would try to adjust the volume it would change tracks, use to drive me crazy.
  5.    #5  
    haha.. it was opposite with me.. i tried changing tracks and the volume would increase.. but still it was a pretty good feature id like to use again.. especially when im driving so i dont get pulled over by a cop thinking im texting.. mainly at night..
    Quote Originally Posted by andies916 View Post
    i had a blackberry storm before i got my pre plus and would use the volume buttons on the side by holding it down to change the songs back and forth.. ive looked everywhere and couldnt find anything and wanted to know if there is an app, patch, or somethin that would let me be able to do that.. any kind of info would be great..
    There is no hold event for the volume keys so a patch would either make them the volume or skip.

I have played with this a little. I didn't try and bind a skip function to the keys but the function I did bind to it got executed as did the pres default volume up and down.

I just use the keyboard to skip pause etc.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Quote Originally Posted by andies916 View Post
    yea i know about that.. thing is that i connect my phone to my car to listen to my music..
    Get a Touchstone in your car and your problem is solved.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8.    #8  
    thanks fain for that bit of info for the mod on the volume buttons.. i do want a touchstone.. maybe ill look into getting one later on.. but for now im going to use the alternative NickDG had mentioned earlier.. i forgot all about the auxiliary cord that i got with my monster beats headphones that has the mic on it, so i could plug into my stereo then straight into phone and use the button on the mic to change songs....