webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Sabre
Sabre

Old 05/15/2010, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Sabre v0.4.2 has been submitted to the Palm App Catalog May 27, 2010 and should be available shortly. Use this forum for any support issues, comments, or questions regarding the app.

Description:
One Sabre to rule them all! The best lightsaber app on webOS, and it is FREE! Choose from 5 colors and 4 different hilts (handles, for those who aren't Jedis). Share the app with your friends so you can have lightsaber battles - or slay iPhone users!

Most recent update includes: fixed update checking problem on bad network - using latest version of puchk framework http://www.jdf-software.com/puchk

Keep updated with JDF Software titles by following me on twitter JDF Software (jdfsoftware) on Twitter

Last edited by jdforsythe; 05/27/2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: v0.4.2
jdforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/2010, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sabre v0.4.0 is now in the catalog. What do you guys think?

On a side note, I didn't know that fan***s was a bad word :-p
Old 05/21/2010, 07:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm getting stuck on the "checking for updates" screen... Anyone else getting this?
orawas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/21/2010, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

I haven't heard of others having this issue. Is there a problem with your network connection? Even so, it should shortly change to "Continue". Can you please try it again and let me know the results? I will try to figure out what is happening.
Old 05/22/2010, 08:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

This is a nice app with sweet crisp sounds and great selection of hilts. Lag is improved but there's still some, would like to see a larger/thicker saber (somewhere between this & LightSaber is a nice sweet-spot), have the beam reach all the way to the top and combine Color/Hilt options into a single feature (2 sec "touch & hold" on Hilt for options to showup). Could you add white & orange?
T0F3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/2010, 06:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

The problem with having the blade reach all the way to the top on the Pre is that I'd have to make the app double the size, due to the Pixi having a smaller screen. I'd have to have twice the images. That's really annoying and makes the app run slower. I have been brainstorming a solution to this. I have some ideas that I think could work, I just have to work out the details. It would also go along with having a lot more colors, maybe even a hue slider. No promises, though. But I will add white and orange for you, either way. I'm working on an update I hope to submit by the end of the week, so it should be coming out next week.

The lag can't get any better, really, until Palm fixes their audio implementation. We have promises that they're working on it, but I don't think it's coming in this next version of webOS.

I'm not sure what you mean by combining hilt and blade choices into a single feature. Do you mean a single menu? Or have certain hilts locked to certain colors? What would be the benefit of either of these?
Old 05/25/2010, 06:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

This will be the official support forum for Sabre v0.4.1 when it is approved.
Old 05/25/2010, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have 0.4.0 - I like it . Best light sabre app by far.. Thanks!
Nightburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/2010, 07:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you! I'm submitting a minor update, v0.4.1, right now. It fixes the update checker so if you don't have a network connection (or have a bad one) the update check will not interfere with the usage of the app.
Old 05/25/2010, 08:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforsythe View Post
Thank you! I'm submitting a minor update, v0.4.1, right now. It fixes the update checker so if you don't have a network connection (or have a bad one) the update check will not interfere with the usage of the app.
Why would you create a new thread for a minor update? Doesn't this just confuse your current and potential user-base?
oldgeekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/2010, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Could be. But I've seen these threads in other forums get huge. Just figured it'd be better to separate forums for each version. Maybe I'm wrong...
Old 05/27/2010, 05:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Threads merged. v0.4.2 submitted that corrects update checking failure and Pixi splash screen error.
Old 05/27/2010, 07:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

I was hoping that maybe there might be a way to have the beam reach higher but didn't think about the Pixi. There's some great detail in the hilts, how about making them bigger/thicker to see more of it? (along with the beam to match)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforsythe View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by combining hilt and blade choices into a single feature. Do you mean a single menu?
Yes, since there's a list for each maybe they could be cobined to pop-up together on the same screen and we could use a back-swipe to get out of the menu once the hilt & color are selected.
The 2 sec "touch & hold" was meant to see if the buttons could be eliminated.

This IS the best ligtsaber app and looks like it will improve even more. Looking forward to the update.

Last edited by T0F3R; 05/27/2010 at 07:16 PM.
T0F3R is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0