1.    #1  
    Couldn't find a similar thread, so, does Sprint TV use wifi at all? And if not, is there any way to make it?

I'll usually watch it on lunch break, but Sprint signal is crappy in my cubical, so I force roaming on it, and although not as high quality as EV-DO, the Verizon signal is strong so it doesn't stutter and quit after a minute. I thought it worked better at home because of the wifi, but I was usually in the top floor of my home. Today I tried it in the basement and got stuttering or no connection at all, forced roam, and all was (low quality) good. So, I'm pretty sure it's not using wifi, but should it?

FYI, Sprint Pre heavily modified with overclock, patches, etc., as well as the download speed/signal strength modification.
    I found a trick that works for me. 1-Turn off wifi and start Sprint Tv 2- Establish a connection for the show you want to watch. 3- Minimize the card and turn wifi back on. 4- Enjoy!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    It works for me on WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I found Sprint TV to be rather crappy. I have not used it in almost a year. I just tried it with wifi and it works. Quality isn't that great though.
    Actually it's pretty decent if you have a good signal. I've gotten caught up on many shows I missed using Sprint Tv. And more importantly it's free!

works fine for me on wifi..
    and yes, it is crappy
    Works great for me (wifi and EVDO). You have to have data roaming on for wifi to work.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the tip. Do you have the "don't stop video playing" patch installed? Because if I minimize the card it stops playing the video and has effect.
    i tryed doing ur method vza...but when i click on a program and it starts to play i flip up to make tv a card it puts me back to the tv listings screen and when i turn wifi on and data on phone off it wont let me play back....so no wifi playin tv for me
  9.    #9  
    I guess I could clarify a bit better. Sprint TV acts like it's using the cellular signal for its data no matter if I have wifi on or off. So I guess my real question is (developers?) is it just me or is this the case?

FYI, I also tried flipping my pre on airplane mode, and then enabling wifi, but the app say it cannot play video in airolane mode...
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcompg View Post
    i tryed doing ur method vza...but when i click on a program and it starts to play i flip up to make tv a card it puts me back to the tv listings screen and when i turn wifi on and data on phone off it wont let me play back....so no wifi playin tv for me
    Start the program you want to watch first, then minimize the card and restart Wifi. Tap on the card and the program should continue.

Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    I guess I could clarify a bit better. Sprint TV acts like it's using the cellular signal for its data no matter if I have wifi on or off. So I guess my real question is (developers?) is it just me or is this the case?

FYI, I also tried flipping my pre on airplane mode, and then enabling wifi, but the app say it cannot play video in airolane mode...
    I'm not a dev, but yes the signal depends on the 3G signal for it's data and the signal appears to be improved by Wifi.