Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'll let this serve as the official thread in relation to all questions, requests, concerns, etc.

NEWS:
    FMR (Free Music Ringtones) was pulled from the catalog. See below for why.

But...
    You can still download it with the link below.

v1.3.1 (7/10/2010):
    http://www.jeharrisonline.com/palm/f..._1.3.1_all.zip

Download, Extract, use webOS Quick Install

The thanks button is below

-------------------------

If you have not seen it yet, it's an app for browsing ringtones from ALL of the popular artists as well as those from the Oldies. You can:

Features:
    * Search by song, artist, or album
    * View the Top 300 Songs (filter by country and genre)
    * Browse lists I have compiled
    * Swipe through tones in a result set and play to listen
    * Set as your current ringtone
    * Download to assign as a ringtone to contact or for later use
    * Download album cover artwork
    * Auto swap ringtones based on the schedule you choose
    * Save favorites
    * Quickly buy tunes through Amazon MP3 and iTunes
    * Email Favorites & Downloaded Lists to yourself
    * Start typing to quickly find items

All without connecting your device to a computer.

Note: Those in unofficial countries will not be able to listen to or download tracks. Users in these countries are known to not be able to use the app: Brazil, Middle Eastern Countries (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE). This is beyond my control.

-------------------------

Dear users,

I have made the hard choice to pull Free Music Ringtones from the Palm webOS App Catalog. This may sadden you, it may anger you. But my decision is final.

Why make such a decision? Support. It is a personal belief of mine, that any app developed by me should be 100% supported, even if that app is free. The past 5 weeks have been a roller coaster ride. Literally 10's of thousands of my 300,000+ userbase (and still growing) have emailed me.

From questions about if it really was free, probems playing audio, and people who simply refuse to read the very verbose Help available, it has come my way. I have personally answered every single email that has been sent to me.

Therein lies the problem. I am exhausted. I was drinking up to 4 cups of coffee a day. I did not sleep. I literally was consummed by the meteoric rise of this app. It shattered all beliefs and ambitions I ever had envisioned for it. Typically, every FlashCards user gets a personal thank you email from me when they register for an Online Tools account. Since May 24th, I have not sent a single one. This is not acceptable. They are paying for an app and being neglected to the standards I hold for myself.

Effective immediately, I have asked Palm to remove the app. You can still use the app on your phone, but I will not take support emails any longer. Please read the help, everything is covered there. Next, I plan to take a vacation with my wife and kids whom I have neglected. I shall return with a fresh perspective and get to work on my #1 app FlashCards. v3.0 has been halted since the launch of FMR, and I look forward to getting this back on track for the Fall release.

Maybe I can bring the app back to life, but some serious things will need to change. I appreciate your understanding of the situation and wish you all the best.

- James Harris
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Last edited by spdsktr; 08/05/2010 at 04:47 PM.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  2.    #2  
    Thank you. Tried to make sure it was as easy to use and had the right mix of features. I really love being able to swipe between results and not having to go back a scene. But if you want the list view, you still have it.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

wow, one the best apps 5 stars in review thank you!!!
    nice, if u had come up with this apps sooner i'd say you would have a good shot at winning the app contest with palm for most downloads
    oh..quick question though, havent tried the app yet but does it download the files directly to the ringtone folder? or do we need to move them from the downloads folder later? either way is still easier than searching the web or making your own though lol
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Sweet. You could even have marketed this as a song preview app.

Good work!!!
    Sounds sweet! I'll have to go check it out, but it souinds like an app that all have been looking fo and yeah too bad it wasnt out sooner otherwise you would have had a clean shot at the title.
    Question: how are you able to save the music file in order to connect it to a contact?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    nice, if u had come up with this apps sooner i'd say you would have a good shot at winning the app contest with palm for most downloads
    Who says there is not still time to do this? Tweet it, facebook it, text all your friends. I bet it could... Imagine my webOS Internals donation then!

Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    oh..quick question though, havent tried the app yet but does it download the files directly to the ringtone folder? or do we need to move them from the downloads folder later? either way is still easier than searching the web or making your own though lol
    Direct to the ringtones folder. This way you can use it in the Sounds & Ringtones app as well as easily use them for calendar, contact, alerts, etc. I thought ahead on this one

Boy this is a crazy night!
    - James Harris

Author of:

I just purchased iTunes Search over the weekend. This app is better, and it's free! this app (and the developer) are awesome!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I just purchased iTunes Search over the weekend. This app is better, and it's free! this app (and the developer) are awesome!
    iTunes Search?
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Question: how are you able to save the music file in order to connect it to a contact?
    i havent tried it out yet but it gives you an option at the bottom of the screen that says "set as ringtone", i'm assuming when u do that it'll either save it to the ringtones folder then u set it like u would any other ringtone, or that it'll bring up your contacts list to select a person

edit: it appears the "set as ringtone" option does the same as the "download" option, in fact it downloaded the file twice (i had dl'ed it then clicked "set as ringtone" and it started downloading again. is it supposed to do that?
  13.    #13  
    Check the Help section. Not wanting to shove this off, but I am a bit slammed right now.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    very nice, *5 app

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Check the Help section. Not wanting to shove this off, but I am a bit slammed right now.
    No, I meant programatically (in the javascript or c++ code). I thought file saving wasn't a capability yet.
    will we be able to trim the clip to set as a message tone? Great app just downloaded and left a review. I had the beta and didn't realize it had expired.
  17.    #17  
    No, I meant programatically (in the javascript or c++ code). I thought file saving wasn't a capability yet.
    Creating files (either binary or ascii) is not possible. But a download manager does exist and how I get around it. reading and deleting is another matter entirely...
    - James Harris

Author of:

The search functionality is the best I have ever seen. I am finding songs from my old high school days! Wish I could give you ten stars!!!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    will we be able to trim the clip to set as a message tone? Great app just downloaded and left a review. I had the beta and didn't realize it had expired.
    Not yet. The things I need to do this do not exist yet. Soon though.. soon.
    - James Harris

Author of:

just tried it out...great app. and for all those wondering how it works: it downloads the file to the ringtones folder, then from there you just set it like u would any other ringtone (go to a contact ---> edit ---> set ringtone ---> then find the ringtone and select it. pretty easy. 5 stars
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast