Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    @hatchettjack,

Wait for v1.0 official. There is plenty there, and the new lists will help you find just that.

@jjeffcoat,

It tries to match all parameters and best matching. It's fairly good. Your best bet is to set the "type" from all to artist, song or album though. Keywords work best when set to the album filter.

@all,

Look for v1.0 official soon. It's amazing, in 7 days, you guys took it from Hot App # nothing to Hot App #9.

Palm Hot Apps

Thanks everyone! Gotta keep the momentum going though!
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Got it downloaded..
    Nice Interface..

Unfortunately I am getting the Error that I guess O2 Unlocked ppl are getting.

Just to mention I dont have 3G.. Only Wifi.. and as you would see from the pic below it has ample strength. It does search fine but does not play..
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    Got it downloaded..
    Nice Interface..

Unfortunately I am getting the Error that I guess O2 Unlocked ppl are getting.

Just to mention I dont have 3G.. Only Wifi.. and as you would see from the pic below it has ample strength. It does search fine but does not play..
    Hmmm. Hmmmm.

Email me offline please? I wanna try a few things and find where the issue is. I think it's a server block... Confirmed it with a guy amr and him being in Jordan. What country are you in?
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Email sent to gmail (from FlashCards website)
  5.    #145  
    Emailed you back. if anyone else experiences this, do me a favor and try installing the iPhone Spoof patch. I think this might be a good work-around as it appears your carrier is blocking access to iTunes.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Anyone,

Are the .m4a files recognized by BlackBerry devices, or would the need to be converted to .mp3 ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Anyone,

Are the .m4a files recognized by BlackBerry devices, or would the need to be converted to .mp3 ?
    I was able to copy them directly to my wife and daughters blackberry storms with no issues. I cannot confirm on other types of blackberries, but the newer ones should all work just fine. Give it a shot, they are valid media types.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Just downloaded this thru Palm App catalog. Awesome work!

thanks,
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    I was able to copy them directly to my wife and daughters blackberry storms with no issues. I cannot confirm on other types of blackberries, but the newer ones should all work just fine. Give it a shot, they are valid media types.
    My wife has a BB Curve which is fairly new. Was hoping I could find stuff for her on my Pre. Sounds like I'm in business!

Thanks!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    need fix the bug???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coolabc View Post
    need fix the bug???
    Try

Install Iphone user agent spoof
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

Here's what to do....

-Turn on USB mode
    -the folder that comes up on your computer is actually media/internal ........even though it does say so
    -copy unzipped file here
    -turn off USB mode and go back into "just charge" mode
    -go to your linux command in the WebOS QuickInstall program and enter the command

/media/internal/change-user-agent

that should be it.
    Thanks for this app.. I have just downloaded it but have yet to try it out. looks like a winner though. good work.
    Follow Me on Twitter @LukeUNerd
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    Try

Install Iphone user agent spoof
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html
    dose it worked for you and now you able to play download abd set ringtones?
    im on webos 1.4.1 and the iphone user spoof agent cant be installed and makes my Palm Pre unable to boot after restart for that i webdoctored my Pre!!!
    I got only one try today morning before I had to run to office.
    It did not work.. I will try again in 2 hours..

Ran the command "change-user-agent" using Terminus
    After Installation of the iphone user spoof agent my phone SHUTDOWN, though I was expecting Restart.
  15.    #155  
    Yeah, no trying the iPhone spoof, it looks like it is old stuff.

The issue is not the app. It's not a bug, and there is nothing for me to fix. It's your service preventing you from accessing the server. I am researching alternatives. amjz had some luck with www.hidemya**.com and being able to use that to access it.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Yeah it doesn't work with iPhone Spoof.

Are you trying to use a proxy ?
  17.    #157  
    That's what that site amjz was trying, a proxy. He was able to get it running on his local computer, and was attempting to get it running on the Pre.
    - James Harris

Author of:

I am having great success with this app. I must have downloaded 50 ringtones last night. Great job with the app it has definetly filled a missing link in the Pre world.
  19.    #159  
    Thanks. Wait til you guys see v1.0

Palm WebOS FlashCards | Facebook
    - James Harris

Author of:

20.    #160  
    Ok everyone. v1.1 is off to Palm. You are really gonna dig this:

New Features:
    • Favorites -- Save them for later!
    • Launcher -- for more options
    • Tweet, facebook, Lyric Search, Help, Send to App
    • New "Send to App" feature
    • Better search and genre browsing
    • New lists of songs
    • Pixi improvements and notices
    • Reduced size of song details to fit with notification/pixi without scrolling required.
    • New UI design to add color and pizzaz!

The whole underlying framework has been rebuilt a lot too. Now, I can tell you if you have already downloaded it, and not allow a second download. Sending email, send to app, etc now will recognize that it is already downloaded and will not do it a second time. If already downloaded, it will play from the local source and not the http:// source, which speeds EVERYTHING up.

Most importantly, I am excited about the "Send to App" feature. Long story short, there are many apps coming online with updates in the next week. These apps now have the capability to "receive" a ringtone from FMR and set it as the audible alert for that app.

GeoStrings, PowerNap, foursquare, and the entire Sports Live! suite are just the first in line. Any app developer is welcome to join in and get this same functionality. Just point them to this thread on Palm: Forums webOS • View topic - Looking for Apps with Alerts & Notifications

I hope to get all of the Twitter apps on board, so email your favorite developer and ask them to support it. Hopefully this opens the door and shows app developers the kind of cross-app integrations that can be done.

Ohh, and did I mention the app is now translated into English, Spanish, German, and French? Yeah, that is awesome.

See some screenshots below. I know you will be salivating over this iteration. I am running out of ideas though, so hit me up with your feature requests.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - James Harris

Author of:

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast