Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    This is even better than my initial look-through led me to believe. I went past the lists and started searching for some of my favorites, and found them! Brasil 66? How lucky can you get! Thanks!
    Yup, a little something of everything.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Whats new in the update?
    --Marvin
  3.    #123  
    A lot of minor things:

* New look
    * Search only on song, artist, album, or all tags
    * Socially aware features
    * Email the ringtone now!
    * Updated Help
    * Bug Fixes
    * Better error/fail messages
    * Minor revisions
    * Notices when in 1x mode and download might fail

I found a way to also get the Top 100 for any country, but sadly not in this release. Gonna work like mad over this nice LONG 3 day weekend and get you guys some really meety features.

I had to release this as I spent way TOO Much time responding to emails and not enough programming. The update addresses this issue by making you go through the help to get to my email address. Sorry, it's not that I do not want to talk to people, but I do not want to tell 50 people a day that "YES, IT IS REALLY FREE, NO JOKE!"

So, what are you waiting for? I always have some great features in every release.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Really great app. I lost my Pre, but my mom is loving this app on hers.

On another note its really strange to a dev complain about seeing apps with the similar features. for example there are like 15 twitter apps. I say may the best one (and/or best marketed) win! One thing I learned from you is that the title and description of your app will play a big part it whether or not people will download it. Yours presents downloading ringtones as the primary function of the app, and I'm sure this alone is a major factor of your rapid success.

so thanks for the app AND thanks for the marketing lesson!
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 05/29/2010 at 04:54 AM.
    there was an error playing the audio .details an unknown error occurred. check your signal strength

how to do??
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    there was an error playing the audio .details an unknown error occurred. check your signal strength

how to do??
    Same problem here! before and after the update!
    any silution spdsktr??
  7.    #127  
    coolabc & amjz,

Please email me. I think I have this solved, and want to send you a Beta version to test out.

Are you by chance Pixi users? The poor little Pixi has all kinds of issues... 1x data connections, cannot use the tones in Text Messages, etc...
    - James Harris

Author of:

8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Really great app. I lost my Pre, but my mom is loving this app on hers.

On another note its really strange to a dev complain about seeing apps with the similar features. for example there are like 15 twitter apps. I say may the best one (and/or best marketed) win! One thing I learned from you is that the title and description of your app will play a big part it whether or not people will download it. Yours presents downloading ringtones as the primary function of the app, and I'm sure this alone is a major factor of your rapid success.

so thanks for the app AND thanks for the marketing lesson!
    Thank you

I could not agree more. Competition breeds ingenuity and creativity, which brings customers a better product. It's the basis of most economies in the world. You nailed the main differences on the head. Name, Focus, and Marketing. The internet makes all of us small devs equal. That and my "socially aware" features built into 0.9.0 -- spread the word guys!

Now back to work -- I have much more planned.
    - James Harris

Author of:

New version is awesome!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I just showed this app to my wife. She downloaded it and she and her cousin sat there for almost an hour searching songs and setting ringtones. Love it.
    If it's not frozen, don't try and thaw it.
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenLoad View Post
    I just showed this app to my wife. She downloaded it and she and her cousin sat there for almost an hour searching songs and setting ringtones. Love it.
    That's awesome.

Thankfully I had extra batteries and a spare 'dev' phone to charge them up with while developing this. I cannot tell you how many countless hours I spent jamming out while testing this out. Going through the lists and finding all the oldies was the best.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Same problem here! before and after the update!
    any silution spdsktr??
    This app just does not work for me - always get the error downloading.

Not a Pixi - GSM O2 unlocked German Pre.
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    Cant download it due to being in India..
    I Hope spdsktr or Anyone can pass me the ipkg file

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VikramPune View Post
    This app just does not work for me - always get the error downloading.

Not a Pixi - GSM O2 unlocked German Pre.
    yeah I'm using unlocked GSM German QWERTZ palm Pre
    best app ever!
    Wasted half a day downloading obscure songs and setting them up as ringtones.
    Laissez Faire
    love this app.... maybe someday you could incorporate other sounds to use as ringtones.. not just music... but it is awesome as is and i would have paid for it
    I love LOVE this app! it's awesome and free!! lol
    spdsktr,

I'm curious on how multi-word searches are handled. For example, would Bob Seger be handled as bob OR seger vs bob AND seger ? Does it support exact string searches if you use quotations, & can you use AND , OR, & NOT operators in the search field?
    Thanks!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    Cant download it due to being in India..
    I Hope spdsktr or Anyone can pass me the ipkg file

Thanks.
    You should be able to download through the App Catalog. It's set to 'other', so it should show up. If not, what apps do you see in the catalog?
    - James Harris

Author of:

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast