Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Has anyone determined, with any amount of certainty, why some songs will download just fine while others give the "Download Failed" message?

I was able to download the first 4 songs I looked up with ease. Now the last 3 I tried all get the failed message. I tried re-starting the app, then the phone.

I have a Pre on Sprint, ver 1.4.1.1 using the EVDO connection. Plenty of space available...
  2.    #102  
    It is random. I think some are related to fine name length. I have some updates coming that will help put this as an issue of the past.

Can you tell me any specific songs that do this?
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Had to give a shout out on this one and big thank you for creating access to this!
    I was surprised to find smaller, unknown bands I like available. Very cool.

Requesting "Greatest Reggae Songs" category.
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    It is random. I think some are related to fine name length. I have some updates coming that will help put this as an issue of the past.

Can you tell me any specific songs that do this?
    Indiana Jones Theme by John Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkila View Post
    You are right, thanks! Your free program (Itunes Search) allowed me to download a song to use as a ringtone that I could not get using Music Ringtones.
    Without any words :P

(or maybe some: advance search by type and field)
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Indiana Jones Theme by John Williams
    I have it fixed and an update will be out shortly. All download issues have been resolved.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

BTW - I really like your app. I've gotten 3 other people besides myself to download it as well. They all can't believe how simple it is to get ringtones. Excellent work.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    BTW - I really like your app. I've gotten 3 other people besides myself to download it as well. They all can't believe how simple it is to get ringtones. Excellent work.
    Please be sure to leave a review.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Thanks James!

Great App!!!
    im getting the download failed message when i try to download omg by usher i havent tired any other song is there any help on this
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
    im getting the download failed message when i try to download omg by usher i havent tired any other song is there any help on this
    Do you have full signal strength? Are you on wifi or regular cellular data connection? Just tested it myself, and it worked fine.

You are talking about the OMG (feat. will.i.am) variant right?
    - James Harris

Author of:

I have it fixed and an update will be out shortly. All download issues have been resolved.
    Really? Try searching "Appalachian Spring" and downloading the first "song"--"Doppio movement...". Does this work for you? Classical pieces do seem to have REALLY long file names, so perhaps that is one of the issues. However, it would not explain why on rare occasions it is possible to download a file that has given several "download failed" issues in the past. I will look forward to the update that fixes this, thanks!!
    VERY VERY nice. Thank you! Works just like you said! I have reccommended it already!
  14.    #114  
    Really? Try searching "Appalachian Spring" and downloading the first "song"--"Doppio movement...". Does this work for you? Classical pieces do seem to have REALLY long file names, so perhaps that is one of the issues. However, it would not explain why on rare occasions it is possible to download a file that has given several "download failed" issues in the past. I will look forward to the update that fixes this, thanks!!
    It has been the strangest thing. It seems like going from different connections gives issues. I've had users on Wifi that cant. They come off Wifi, they can. Users reboot, and it works. Some of the strangest things happen. Some can play and download, but album artwork fails. I've implemented retry methods to help ease the pain. I look for connections that will ensure a fail (1x). I've fixed the long names. I fixed the bad characters !, ", etc.

Lots more to come as well...

And yes, "Appalachian Spring" works for me now
    - James Harris

Author of:

It has been the strangest thing. It seems like going from different connections gives issues. I've had users on Wifi that cant. They come off Wifi, they can. Users reboot, and it works. Some of the strangest things happen. Some can play and download, but album artwork fails. I've implemented retry methods to help ease the pain. I look for connections that will ensure a fail (1x). I've fixed the long names. I fixed the bad characters !, ", etc.

Lots more to come as well...

And yes, "Appalachian Spring" works for me now
    Alas, Appalachian Spring still doesn't download for me after restart with Ev 2 bars (or with WiFi), and after uninstall and reinstall of Music Ringtones. I'm on Sprint with a refurbished phone. I'll look forward to more updates at your end, thanks!
  16.    #116  
    Alas, Appalachian Spring still doesn't download for me after restart with Ev 2 bars (or with WiFi), and after uninstall and reinstall of Music Ringtones. I'm on Sprint with a refurbished phone. I'll look forward to more updates at your end, thanks!
    Yeah, it's working on my updated version. Getting ready to submit it in about an hour. Totally refreshed look and all. I hate it, but will take a few days before Palm and the crew review and approve it. Once you have the update, you will not have any issues. My apologies for the hicccup in the first place.
    - James Harris

Author of:

GREAT APP! Love it! keep up the good work!!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Again, great app. Already left one of the first review at Palm Store. 5 stars! It was great finding songs from the 80s for ringtones!
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Again, great app. Already left one of the first review at Palm Store. 5 stars! It was great finding songs from the 80s for ringtones!
    Thank you Had a trip down memory lane myself reviewing each of the lists. I am so thankful for 4 batteries and a spare device to keep on the touchstone charging. You can get addicted just browsing and kill your battery sooo fast.
    - James Harris

Author of:

This is even better than my initial look-through led me to believe. I went past the lists and started searching for some of my favorites, and found them! Brasil 66? How lucky can you get! Thanks!