Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Or just tap "Set as Ringtone" and it will do all those steps for you

Download is for setting to contacts or for later use.
    Yeah except then it sets it as your ringtone for the whole phone.

Still - amazing app!
    Quote Originally Posted by yingfam View Post
    Does anyone know why some songs download and others do not?
    Do you know that the download problems are song-specific? For me, the first couple downloaded with no problems, and then it took >20 tries for the 3rd song and I'm still working on downloading the 4th (100 tries?) after closing everything, restarting, playing it first, not playing it first, with wifi, not with wifi ??? Sprint pre (refurbished--but only my 2nd phone since launch day).
    Thank you for making this easy to use and wonderful app!!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    This app is faaaaaaaantastic on my Pre and my gf's Pre Plus. But my brother and his wife just bought a Pixi and the ringtones downloaded via this app don't work (the phone just vibrates). Other ringtones/songs work fine. Has anyone else experienced this with a Pixi?
    Last edited by blz2; 05/25/2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDbandit View Post
    LOL
    Can you imagine my face when I was in Wal-Mart checkout today and my phone rang!!! DEAR LORD! Talk about Awkward!!LOL Def worth it though
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Good stuff here.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    This app is faaaaaaaantastic on my Pre and my gf's Pre Plus. But my brother and his wife just bought a Pixi and the ringtones downloaded via this app don't work (the phone just vibrates). Other ringtones/songs work fine. Has anyone else experienced this with a Pixi?
    I've downloaded a few, and have not experienced this...

And WTH you're from Morton?!
    Quote Originally Posted by convert
    I just tried to download Who Can It Be Now? by Men at Work (to be used for the Unknown Caller patch ringtone) and Download button changed to Download Failed in red. I had success downloading other songs.
    Tried several variations, and all working. Bad connection? No more storage space left? I will give better error messages in the next release. Already working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Tried several variations, and all working. Bad connection? No more storage space left? I will give better error messages in the next release. Already working on it.
    I also tried a few different variations (first 7 or 8 of 39) of "Who Can It Be Now" & also got the RED Download Failed. Was successfully able to download & load a few other songs.

...But GREAT app overall, this is one of the most useful ones out there. Stinks that the one song I really wanted to use is a no-go, but them's the breaks
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    I got an Error that said:
    "There was an error playing the audio. Details: An unknown error occured."

This happened always when i open on a Ringtone Card page in the app. and also when hitting the Play button. i tried to click on Download and it said Downloaded but it wont and i cant find the ringtone in Ringtones Folder!

Im using a GSM Palm Pre and im connecting using Wifi to the net. i have 2.2GB space. and i removed the app and reinstall it again, and i restarted my Pre but same problem!

any solution for this plz?
    +1
    as i said, take the original app which published first: iTunes Search. Now also in the catalog, bevor it was in the webfeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    as i said, take the original app which published first: iTunes Search. Now also in the catalog, bevor it was in the webfeed.
    You are right, thanks! Your free program (Itunes Search) allowed me to download a song to use as a ringtone that I could not get using Music Ringtones. However, it required a second step for me (after the "download complete" message, I needed to click on the small round icon at the bottom right of my screen and watch the numbers change on the display of the albumcover icon on the bottom left of my screen) for the song to appear in my ringtones folder). Thanks for adding this to the app catalogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkila View Post
    You are right, thanks! Your free program (Itunes Search) allowed me to download a song to use as a ringtone that I could not get using Music Ringtones. However, it required a second step for me (after the "download complete" message, I needed to click on the small round icon at the bottom right of my screen and watch the numbers change on the display of the albumcover icon on the bottom left of my screen) for the song to appear in my ringtones folder). Thanks for adding this to the app catalogue.
    HOWEVER, this method works ONLY for one ringtone at a time--a second download overwrites the first (the name given in the ringtone folder is "itunes_search_ringtone" although the file name displays correctly if it is assigned to a contact). any way to assign the downloads to their own files?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Yeah except then it sets it as your ringtone for the whole phone.

Still - amazing app!
    Yes the App does only the whole phone ring tone but you can use it for specific contacts. After you download, open the contacts app. Use the Edit function under each contact and there is section for choose Ringtone. I have different Ringtones for all my family members. My daughter showed me that and I have fun playing with it ever since.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    And WTH you're from Morton?!
    yep, the land of pumpkins!
    HOWEVER, this method works ONLY for one ringtone at a time--a second download overwrites the first (the name given in the ringtone folder is "itunes_search_ringtone" although the file name displays correctly if it is assigned to a contact). any way to assign the downloads to their own files?
    got updated, see file repo or wait for catalog release
    Do you know that the download problems are song-specific? For me, the first couple downloaded with no problems, and then it took >20 tries for the 3rd song and I'm still working on downloading the 4th (100 tries?) after closing everything, restarting, playing it first, not playing it first, with wifi, not with wifi ??? Sprint pre (refurbished--but only my 2nd phone since launch day).
    You might want to check your ringtones folder - for me, each failed download still downloaded a file that was about 1Mb each.
  17.    #97  
    I got an Error that said:
    "There was an error playing the audio. Details: An unknown error occured."

This happened always when i open on a Ringtone Card page in the app. and also when hitting the Play button. i tried to click on Download and it said Downloaded but it wont and i cant find the ringtone in Ringtones Folder!

Im using a GSM Palm Pre and im connecting using Wifi to the net. i have 2.2GB space. and i removed the app and reinstall it again, and i restarted my Pre but same problem!

any solution for this plz?

Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    +1
    Strange. I am re-working all of this a bit more to at minimum give more details. It seems to just be weird connection issues. Most that report it say it goes away after a reboot.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Would there be any way to do the search for only titles or only artists?

For example, if I am looking for a title with the word "Susan" in it, I get dozens of hits for artists with the name Susan (not what I'm really looking for). Seems like an advanced search option might be a good idea if doable...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Would there be any way to do the search for only titles or only artists?

For example, if I am looking for a title with the word "Susan" in it, I get dozens of hits for artists with the name Susan (not what I'm really looking for). Seems like an advanced search option might be a good idea if doable...
    Right now, no. I will be building in an 'advanced' search that will let you do these types of searches though.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Simply awesome! Thank you so much!
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast