Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I really like this app but have 1 problem - where do the downloads go? I can access them when I go to the Sounds & Ringtones card but have no idea where they are stored! They are not with my other music files in the Music app. Anyone have any ideas?

Other that than great app!!
    they are stored in /media/internal/ringtones/
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Hey spsktr, now because of your awesome app I am gonna fill up my Pre Minus storage too soon with ringtones on top of everything else! I need a Plus!

Seriously though, fantastic app, easy to navigate, great UI. Thanks. Gonna write a 5* review
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    i compared the sourcecodes and found a lot of same variable names and phrases from mine in his code..

so... just a thought
    This is a pretty serious accusation in my book, and not to be taken lightly. I think the truth needs to be told: either that this app is a ripoff, or TheRealLink is making a spurious accusation.

I downloaded both apps and did a brief source code comparison of my own. Now, I only spent about 5 minutes looking at it and I can't possibly say for certain, but the two apps look very different to me. I suppose it's possible spdsktr copied TheRealLink's code and then made a complete overhaul to hide his tracks, but I really doubt it. I think the onus is on TheRealLink to provide some hard evidence of thievery before dropping accusations of this magnitude.

I'd also invite other devs to perform their own code inspections and see if they agree with me.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    This is a pretty serious accusation in my book, and not to be taken lightly. I think the truth needs to be told: either that this app is a ripoff, or TheRealLink is making a spurious accusation.

I downloaded both apps and did a brief source code comparison of my own. Now, I only spent about 5 minutes looking at it and I can't possibly say for certain, but the two apps look very different to me. I suppose it's possible spdsktr copied TheRealLink's code and then made a complete overhaul to hide his tracks, but I really doubt it. I think the onus is on TheRealLink to provide some hard evidence of thievery before dropping accusations of this magnitude.

I'd also invite other devs to perform their own code inspections and see if they agree with me.
    All involved are already talking offline and everything appears to be on the up an up - no need to continue that conversation in this thread.
    Does anyone know why some songs download and others do not?
    Is there a way to view the downloaded files on my phone without having to connect to a PC?
    Is there a way to view the downloaded files on my phone without having to connect to a PC?
    I imagine they would be viewable where all your other ringtones are (i.e. in the "Sounds and Ringtones" app). But I can't say for sure since I haven't tried it out yet.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 05/25/2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by danbailey007 View Post

download the program Internalz (just like a file manager program if you coming from Windows mobile)
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I absolutely LOVE this app. Who woulda knew that I could have Lil Kim as a ringtone Thanks for this app as it is giving me endless pleasure!
    by chance, if i download the sdk, could i run this program on my desktop? and then songs would save to my desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by mozartkc View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this app. Who woulda knew that I could have Lil Kim as a ringtone Thanks for this app as it is giving me endless pleasure!
    Amazing...ingenious...beautiful...generous.... So many words are rushing throug my head right now to describe this app and its creator; my thumbs just can't keep up

You truly put a lot of thought into this app! Beautiful, simple interface, evrythin works as you'd expect it too, and there's even an option to buy full songs! Oh...and it's free!!! Time for me to check out your other apps, my friend.
    thanks for the heads up i just got it n man its almost if not better than when i used myxer.com on my pc!
    Great app idea. Navigation is well thought out, but was a little slugish for me. You sir, are awesome.
    WOW, this is what I call a decent app. Thank you very much for this fantastic app. It solved nearly all og my problems with ringtones on my Palm Pre. Instead of spendinga lot of time with customizing songs as ringtones on my PC and installing them on the Palm Pre now Im able to easily browse songs I like, try them and install them as ringtones directly on my Palm Pre.
    The future of HP/Palm and WebOS without updates to WebOS 2.x for older WebOS-devices? Last one turn of the lights.
    Very Well made app... i am very impressed... use to have to go to a site and download one on my pc and than trasnfer it ... but than it was not the clip i wanted so id have to up load my mp3 and edit it to what i want... now not bad!!! Great job
    Wonderful. I am glad to find the 60s songs of my youth available as ringtones.

One request: Separate search boxes for artist and song title. Now it gives both.
    Laissez Faire
    This really is a super amazing app - and it's flippin' FREE! Woot-woot!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    This app will win $10k for sure, maybe $100k in the hot apps. I got a few friends with pre's, I'll let them know about this.

Great work.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast