Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 407
  1.    #281  
    kaneadsha jones, jasqid, et all.

    Check the initial post, I have updated it. Use webOS Quick Install after downloading and extracting. Has a few minor updates to the app that I threw in really quick.

    I had to force myself not to answer these posts for a few days. Wanted to show how the community support is not always the best option. I appreciate all who offered to help this way, but people can and will go without their questions answered in these cases. Even when the answer was a few posts above theirs. The forums and community side does not solve the issue of people reading. In most of these cases, the info overload is worse.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  2. tsnum4's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #282  
    thanks for sharing the package.

    I don't blame you one bit for pulling it like you did. I could never be a dev and offer support. Having to answer the same question 400 times would make me poke my eyes out. I think users should own some responsibility and read the thread before just firing off a question. Especially when, as you pointed out, the same qustiom may literally be just a few posts back.
  3. #283  
    I know tech support is nice but is it required that you offer it? Can't you just state that a person downloads at their own risk, etc? ...Then place it in file coaster.

    I personally thought it was all self-explanatory.

    Well, I just read.... 1.) I am working on moving to Homebrew, or more specially open source. There is some hurdles to overcome in this regard, so please be patient.
    from your post earlier. So I guess I see what you mean when you say people dont read all the info before emailing you.

    Thanks for everything
    Last edited by casiouser; 07/10/2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Added more text
  4. #284  
    ya seriously it is so easy to use! Click download or click make ringtone and search... Not much to it in terms of reasons for so many tec support questions! Anyway I love it and appreciate ur hard work.
  5. #285  
    THANK YOU!!!
    i appreciate you at least let us precentral users be able to download this amazing app again!
    i missed it very much and thought i would never be able to use it again :P
  6. jasqid's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    kaneadsha jones, jasqid, et all.

    Check the initial post, I have updated it. Use webOS Quick Install after downloading and extracting. Has a few minor updates to the app that I threw in really quick.
    Jim, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
  7. #287  
    Yippe. I can get rid of iTunes search and put FMR back on. Thanks for making it available to the PreCentral community.

    EDIT: I celebrated too quickly. I installed the app from Post #1 thru WEBOS QI which went fine. When I tap on the icon I see the start screen, but the app never gets passed it. Just sits there like its loading.

    Anyone else get the app running from Post #1? I tried deleting/reinstalling the app along with a device restart/battery pull.
    Last edited by swieder; 07/11/2010 at 12:05 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    EDIT: I celebrated too quickly. I installed the app from Post #1 thru WEBOS QI which went fine. When I tap on the icon I see the start screen, but the app never gets passed it. Just sits there like its loading.

    Anyone else get the app running from Post #1? I tried deleting/reinstalling the app along with a device restart/battery pull.
    Err? Nothing wrong that I can see, all loads properly. Might I suggest deleting app, rebooting, then installing?

    If that fails, do you know how to get the error details off?
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  9. #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Err? Nothing wrong that I can see, all loads properly. Might I suggest deleting app, rebooting, then installing?

    If that fails, do you know how to get the error details off?
    I have the same thing happening with the latest version. I've tried rebooting and deleting the app and it still just stays in card mode (with the flashing icon). I was going to take a look at the code myself, but I haven't had a chance this weekend.

    I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I installed it on a brand new phone (got mine replaced). So I'm not sure if that matters at all.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I have the same thing happening with the latest version. I've tried rebooting and deleting the app and it still just stays in card mode (with the flashing icon). I was going to take a look at the code myself, but I haven't had a chance this weekend.

    I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I installed it on a brand new phone (got mine replaced). So I'm not sure if that matters at all.
    Trying to duplicate it myself and no luck. Can you just throw on palm-log and see what it is returning? com.jamesharris.musicringtones . If it is a nasty bug, then it will show an error in the logs.

    But one question, which version did you have prior to installing this? It should not matter, but the cookies changed and that is all I can think of. But even that is wrapped in it's own try statements and should not cause this.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  11. #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Trying to duplicate it myself and no luck. Can you just throw on palm-log and see what it is returning? com.jamesharris.musicringtones . If it is a nasty bug, then it will show an error in the logs.

    But one question, which version did you have prior to installing this? It should not matter, but the cookies changed and that is all I can think of. But even that is wrapped in it's own try statements and should not cause this.
    Palm-log didn't output anything.

    I ran the last app catalog version on my old device.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12. #292  
    5 stars spdsktr, great app!
  13. #293  
    I am not having any problems with the latest update.
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Palm-log didn't output anything.

    I ran the last app catalog version on my old device.
    Hmmm. I'm at a loss for this one at the moment. Dan, I will email you a test file to see if we can get to the bottom of this. It must be an error in the app-assistant. I'll wrap a few more tries in there to see if we can figure this out.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  15. #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Trying to duplicate it myself and no luck. Can you just throw on palm-log and see what it is returning? com.jamesharris.musicringtones . If it is a nasty bug, then it will show an error in the logs.

    But one question, which version did you have prior to installing this? It should not matter, but the cookies changed and that is all I can think of. But even that is wrapped in it's own try statements and should not cause this.
    How do I turn on Palm-log for FMR? I can send you a log file once i know how to create one.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  16. jeebs98's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #296  
    I'm sure gonna miss this app! Worked exactly as described for me. Then, my phone reset on me yesterday, and several apps disappeared afterward - including Free Music Ringtones. This app is one of my favorites, and was the first app I tried to reinstall. Bummed out that it's not available anymore, but I certainly can understand your reason for pulling it. Too little, too late, prehaps, but thank you for such a great app! -j

    Edit: Ooops - found it...
    Last edited by jeebs98; 07/14/2010 at 01:12 PM.
  17. #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Yippe. I can get rid of iTunes search and put FMR back on. Thanks for making it available to the PreCentral community.

    EDIT: I celebrated too quickly. I installed the app from Post #1 thru WEBOS QI which went fine. When I tap on the icon I see the start screen, but the app never gets passed it. Just sits there like its loading.

    Anyone else get the app running from Post #1? I tried deleting/reinstalling the app along with a device restart/battery pull.
    Not sure what changed, but I can now load and run FMR. Thanks.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18. #298  
    Available via WebOSquickinstall check out first post on this thread for ipk.
  19.    #299  
    swieder, nothing changed. I was actually off traveling. Weird how it resolved itself, but I am glad it did!

    jeebs98, do check the first post.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  20. jeebs98's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #300  
    jh> jeebs98, do check the first post.

    Did - Thanks! Works great, just like it always did. -j

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions