Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    SO are there plans to move it to homebrew? Can someone tell me about this Save/Restore thing people are talking about? I love this app and don't want to lose it. Heck, distribute the ipk and let people install it themselves via filecoaster or something with no support. Seems fine as is with no need for updates anyway. Just don't wanna lose it. ;-)
    I too would like to know. I loved this app and had to get a new phone (power button) and know i cant get it back :-( I dont understand how so many people can need help with it. could it be any more straight forward.
  3.    #263  
    1.) I am working on moving to Homebrew, or more specially open source. There is some hurdles to overcome in this regard, so please be patient.

2.) I appreciate all of the support by purchasing FlashCards, but this was in no ploy to that end. I only ask that you get FlashCards if you are a student, have children, or enjoy Trivia. It is a multi purpose app in many ways. I am excited about getting back to work it. Thank you though to those who did, and I hope you get lots of pleasure in using it.

3.) @kardin: Submitting an app under my wife's name is not, never was, and never will be an option. Let me be clear, FMR WAS NEVER ABOUT MONEY. It was simply a project done for convenience and turned into a vehicle to prove/showcase that indie developer's could (and still can) compete against the incumbents and big dogs. It served it's purpose in all of those regards.

People think I am CRAZY for pulling it before it hit #1. Based on the #'s I saw (publicly available, but extrapolated and interpreted properly), it very well might have taken #1. It was close, very very close. All in it's 5 week lifespan versus Pandora's 5 month lifespan.

Once the decision was made, hitting #1 was not an option. Make it to the top, then pull the app? Yeah, I could have been greedy, but that is not in me. Bad business move? Maybe. Morally correct? Yes.

I also want back my time with my wife and kids. Sorry guys, but they do come before you.

4.) @DumbPreCommenter, this is actually the underlying point to the app. It started as just ringtones, but grew into something that was valuable in many other regards. With v1.2, it became much more apparent with the 'time delayed' code to remind you about purchasing. Thank you for supporting artists, we all should be more mindful of this.

---

But alas, I am now planning my vacation. Honduras anyone? I am excited about going there again, visiting relatives, the unbelievable views, great beers, and enjoying absolutely no AC or Hot Water of any kind There will be Internet available though?!?
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Enjoy a well deserved vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    1.) I am working on moving to Homebrew, or more specially open source. There is some hurdles to overcome in this regard, so please be patient.

2.) I appreciate all of the support by purchasing FlashCards, but this was in no ploy to that end. I only ask that you get FlashCards if you are a student, have children, or enjoy Trivia. It is a multi purpose app in many ways. I am excited about getting back to work it. Thank you though to those who did, and I hope you get lots of pleasure in using it.

3.) @kardin: Submitting an app under my wife's name is not, never was, and never will be an option. Let me be clear, FMR WAS NEVER ABOUT MONEY. It was simply a project done for convenience and turned into a vehicle to prove/showcase that indie developer's could (and still can) compete against the incumbents and big dogs. It served it's purpose in all of those regards.

People think I am CRAZY for pulling it before it hit #1. Based on the #'s I saw (publicly available, but extrapolated and interpreted properly), it very well might have taken #1. It was close, very very close. All in it's 5 week lifespan versus Pandora's 5 month lifespan.

Once the decision was made, hitting #1 was not an option. Make it to the top, then pull the app? Yeah, I could have been greedy, but that is not in me. Bad business move? Maybe. Morally correct? Yes.

I also want back my time with my wife and kids. Sorry guys, but they do come before you.

4.) @DumbPreCommenter, this is actually the underlying point to the app. It started as just ringtones, but grew into something that was valuable in many other regards. With v1.2, it became much more apparent with the 'time delayed' code to remind you about purchasing. Thank you for supporting artists, we all should be more mindful of this.

---

But alas, I am now planning my vacation. Honduras anyone? I am excited about going there again, visiting relatives, the unbelievable views, great beers, and enjoying absolutely no AC or Hot Water of any kind There will be Internet available though?!?
    I really need to read the fourms more often.

Happy to read about the possibility of seeing FMR in Preware as homebrew. Back to your roots lol. I too was worried about getting FMR back on our phones after doctoring or what not. (Not just for me bro)

Can't wait for version FlashCards Version 3.0 but first things come first enjoy your vacation bro, and I'll ttul!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I also just had my phone replaced (usb crack). Is there a way that I could somehow grab this ap off my nephews Pre? This really is a great ap, and i'l have him stop by today if I could snag it from his phone, lol. Just curious if it's possible. Thanks.
    sad to see the app go, but i certainly admire your work ethic and dedication to quality service. not only did you turn a simple idea into one of the most appreciated apps in the catalog, but you simultaneously helped pioneer inter-app communication (a feature that i hope will not be short-lived.)

if you do ever decide to resurrect the app i would suggest having an in-app support forum that users can consult before emailing you for help. i'm sure there are people in this very forum who wouldn't mind answering some questions on your behalf. with so many downloads, i can only imagine the amount of cries you were getting daily; many of them consisting of the same questions!

anyway, i hope you get plenty of rest, and have a wonderful vacation.
    Sadly, I too doctored my pre w/o seeing these posts from about a week ago.

James: best of luck going forward, I'd love to see FMR available at some point in the future! It was a great app!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Loved the FMR also enjoy FlashCards. I don't do either app the justice they deserve. It's just great to have them when I decide to use them. Sorry about the ungrateful e-mails and the tone of the e-mails. I don't know what's happened to common courtesy. Anyway, enjoy a much needed vacation and know that the PreCentral crowd will be here to support your decision and future projects/apps.
    i feel like this is similar to the end of my favorite forum ever nobodysmiling.com which is gone just like this app the same kind of sad ending people need to learn and be grateful sorry developers we dont give u guys the respect you deserve
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    yeah, dr'd and did not recover it.

bums me out!
    I tried to set ringtones with this app and it never worked. I downloaded and installed it many times. Sometimes I have the unkown error & check signal... but sometimes it seems to download but cannot be set as a ringtone. I have one ringtone in my Downloaded options right now but if I click it to play there is a message saying an error playing the audio & check signal strenght and if I set it as ringtone it does not work. Also if I browse to find it in my ringtones it is not listed. I read all this thread and I'm confused about the carrrier block because it seems to me the ringtone was downloaded but not working. And yes, it seems to be the same error with other ringtones.

So, is there any help for this? Or I will deleted definetly this app as it is not available anymore in catalog?
    Thanks,
  13.    #273  
    jossanaijr, what country are you in? It's not a carrier block actually, it is a country block.

I will help as much as I can, but I am limited.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

spdsktr, thanks.
    I'm from Brazil.
  15.    #275  
    Yeah, not on the 'official' country list for music sales. It's not an issue with the app, it's just that all actual requests for the clips get nixed on iTunes end. They literally get the request, see it's in Brasil, and then just kill it. This appears to the app as if the connection did not work, and it assumes there was a connection issue (it actually is, but not related to signal strength).

Nothing I can do about this I am afraid. My apologies, but the app just will not work with you being located where you are. I opened it to all countries so as to not limit those in "unofficial" countries, but it caused this confusion.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Okay, thanks.
    I will keep it in my Pre. Perhaps it works in future.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I love this app but I am having a hard time downloading it to my new handset. Can anybody help please..
    Kaneadsha
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Sadly, I too doctored my pre w/o seeing these posts from about a week ago.

James: best of luck going forward, I'd love to see FMR available at some point in the future! It was a great app!
    Dang it. Me too. Was going throught the appstore to re download my favs and couldnt find it. Then found this. I did have Save/restore and it found FMR. I tried to do the restore, but it did not work.

Wifey has a Pre with it installed.... is there a way to dev it off back to mine?

Guess I can hope for you to bring it to homebrew.... perhaps we can all help you with the support.
    This app is great and love the features!
    This is awesome app. Cool feature to show off!