Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    James, thanks for all your support and wonderful contributions to Precentral and webOS community. Your Free Music Ringtone app is one of the most innovative free app I have ever downloaded and I gave you a 5-stars review on the first day it came out! People are just ungrateful or unknowledgeable on how to use the app nor do they appreciate all the work and time spent. Anyhow, good luck with your future and next version of Flash Card.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Blaize, would you mind posting how to backup the app so I don't lose it the next time I doctor?
    Don't know if this is everyone's solution but I have Save/Restore from webOS-internals and FMR is one of the supported apps, so I have it backed up there, then I save the Save/Restore file to my computer. This does not get me the app back if I have to doctor, I realize, but is at least some insurance for now.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Thank you Rod.

I need to work on removing some things, but I will GPL the source. Then let any who wish to use it for their own purposes do so as Jason suggested.
    James,

We'd be happy to distribute the app through Preware for the homebrew crowd, pointing support requests to this forum where others can share the load. Keep it under your name if you prefer, so you can retain the respect and credit but shed the support load to the community.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So you don't get the $10,000? But you did so much work...I'm sorry to hear that.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    So you don't get the $10,000? But you did so much work...I'm sorry to hear that.
    Look at #10 on the Paid side...
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Look at #10 on the Paid side...
    Oh snap, that's great then. Sorry, I just read your statement on pulling the app and I was like dude, honor before reason is great and all, but $10,000 would really help that vacation.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    James - congrats on a great application. I respect your decision. Putting your work into the GPL source library is a great idea. Let's hope someone picks up your work and carries it forward.

Enjoy the rest and time with your family.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    James,
    I'm sorry to hear about you pulling FMR, but I wanted to congratulate you on making one of the real killer apps for WebOS (you came close to beating Pandora!!!) and thank you for being honorable enough to pull it before collecting your 10 grand and for GPLing the code. Also, congrats on doing so well with Flashcards. You definitely deserve the money (and honestly you deserved the money for FMR too).
    an alternative could be my app: pRingtones
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    an alternative could be my app: pRingtones
    Good luck to you sir. May the masses not eat you alive.

Just in case translators fail, that is me wishing you success and happiness.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

oh come on, you stopped reply me @ skype.

but i wish you luck too for your flashcard app, nice app
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Don't know if this is everyone's solution but I have Save/Restore from webOS-internals and FMR is one of the supported apps, so I have it backed up there, then I save the Save/Restore file to my computer. This does not get me the app back if I have to doctor, I realize, but is at least some insurance for now.
    I don't see this app listed in Save/Restore.

EDIT: It's amazing what an update will do for ya! LOL I see it now.
    Last edited by jwdesselle; 07/01/2010 at 07:22 AM.
    It's in Save/Restore v.0.9.2.

<fingersCrossed>I really wish there was a way to re-install it after a doctor.</fingersCrossed>
    Understood the need for re-vamped priorities, and good luck to you! I have to tell you my sons and I have had lots of good times with this app, looking for ringtones for specific people and spreading them across all our phones.

I am not sure what this Save/Restore thing is everyone is talking about, but I hope that this can live on as homebrew in Preware in some form. Thanks for everything you did with it!
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Understood the need for re-vamped priorities, and good luck to you! I have to tell you my sons and I have had lots of good times with this app, looking for ringtones for specific people and spreading them across all our phones.
    That's what I love about my apps. The ability for FMR and FlashCards to bring people together in a way that is greater than the sum of it's parts.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Thanks James. I've been intending to buy Flashcards for several weeks as a sign of appreciation for FMR... (not that I won't enjoy flashcards too, but I just don't have great use for it right now!!) That said, I know you didn't do FMR to generate Flashcard 'donations' but I think it's the best way to reflect my personal appreciation for such a great app. Have fun on vacation and keep up the good work.

Hopefully you have some other app ideas in mind as well -- since you clearly have a knack for this and really put a great deal of thought into your app design and incorporating user ideas. You've really established an excellent reputation in the community in a very short time. There's no better qualities in an app designer and small business owner. Congrats on being one of the Hot Apps "winners"

John G
    I'm sorry about all this, too, because it is a great little app. Best of luck to you in the future!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    James,

We'd be happy to distribute the app through Preware for the homebrew crowd, pointing support requests to this forum where others can share the load. Keep it under your name if you prefer, so you can retain the respect and credit but shed the support load to the community.

-- Rod
    If I can help, let me know. No charge (of course) no credit needed. Just with support questions and such. Haven't done any programming in years, but the Pre is getting my juices flowing. Way too much work right now.
    I was really really rooting for the FMR app.

Interestingly, I used it more as a music search tool and never used it once to download ringtones.

You might consider resurrecting this feature of the app. I suspect an app with just that feature is likely to generate fewer support requests.

Oh, and just to show my appreciation for your efforts on the FMR app (after using the free version for some time), I will be buying the FlashCard app, which I am certain merits it's own success.

-DPC
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hey James, you should submit your Ringtone app under your wife/friend name so that you can have an extra $10,000. I will do that if I were you.