Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    spdsktr,

How can I troubleshoot the connection problem with a German GSM Pre? I'm not using an O2 carrier. Why when the device is connected via wifi will it also fail? The German Pre does not have the amazon app, does this make a difference? Thanks.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    spdsktr,

How can I troubleshoot the connection problem with a German GSM Pre? I'm not using an O2 carrier. Why when the device is connected via wifi will it also fail? The German Pre does not have the amazon app, does this make a difference? Thanks.
    Email me offline and will see what we can figure out. erupnu@gmail.com It works great for everyone else in Germany. I know some "unofficial" countries like Egypt and many other middle east countries have issues.

The lack of the Amazon app has no bearing on the playability or downloading. It's simply a value added option for purchasing the full song. I need to work up an alternate method for you guys in Germany, my apologies.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  3.    #223  
    v1.3.0 has been released

It fixes the search bug (when searching on song/artist/album name by tapping onit). New list: Greatest Songs of All Time. Song details filtering is now available too! Just start typing to quickly find a specific song in the current results.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

4.    #224  
    To all who will notice this in the next hours, I have pulled FMR from the App Catalog.

Why? It's all detailed here. Free Music Ringtones

I am going to bed. I need sleep. Good luck to all in the Hot Apps contest.
    - James Harris

Author of:

I respect your decision but it will be a great loss for future webos users.
  6.    #226  
    mamouton, thank you.

Case in point, I just received this email:

Hay man I just got your ringtone app for my palm pre and your tones blew my speaker on my phone cuz there not that good of quality so ya you might want to fix that or someone might get pritty mad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Later bro
    <-- Shoots self in the head
    - James Harris

Author of:

Wow! This is an app I am sure many people would have gladly paid for. I will make sure I backup this file for my Pre!! Well I look forward to your future development of flash cards.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    mamouton, thank you.

Case in point, I just received this email:

<-- Shoots self in the head
    Wow, that user is ungrateful. Complains are OK, but at least have the courtesy to be tactful/polite about it. People lack communication skills nowadays! Pathetic!
  9.    #229  
    That is just the tip of the iceberg.

Actually had a woman scream and me that I needed to replace her Pixi due to the bug I put on it.

Dead serious.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Sorry to hear this spdsktr. Music Ringtones is one of my favorite apps. I loved impressing my friends with it. It's ashamed such a good app is getting pulled.

Nothing comes before family but I hope you consider all of your options and consider re-releasing this in the future. There's a great community here that would be willing to help you with support! Good luck and thanks for everything you've done.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Sad to see you go.
    Big thanks for all your hard work!!!

"I have made the hard choice to pull Free Music Ringtones from the Palm webOS App Catalog. This may sadden you, it may anger you. But my decision is final....."

http://jeharrisonline.com/palm/fmr.asp
    It's truly sad that such a large number of users can be so clueless and heartless.

This really is a great app, and one to be proud of and show off for WebOS users. Not just by itself, but also in it's interaction with other apps.

I hope you're able to find a way to balance the support demands and re-release this at some point, as has been said it's a big loss to future WebOS users. This will be missed.

On a side note, is 4 cups of coffee a day a lot? I drink 2 or 3 POTS everyday, just to get through my normal workday... Maybe I should try to cut back. :S
    Last edited by Spader; 06/30/2010 at 08:43 PM.
    As I tweeted, I am sorry that you wore yourself out on something that should have been fun! I'll back up my copy of the app to my laptop and continue to enjoy it and appreciate the work that went into it.

Get some rest, enjoy your family, concentrate on Flash Cards, and have fun.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Blaize, would you mind posting how to backup the app so I don't lose it the next time I doctor?
    I can resonate with your decision, James.

Even with the hoops that people have to jump through to install Preware and custom kernels, I still get the odd email or forum post like yours. I simply can't imagine what it's like with a popular app in the app catalog.

Sorry that it had to come to this for you and FMR. Let me know if I (or WebOS Internals) can help in any way.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/30/2010 at 08:30 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: this is the best app for web os, and i believe this app is crucial to webos sucess, during these troubling times of limited app selection.

I feel that they few idiots, morons, and *******; and ruining this for everyone else. everyday since i downloaded this app i read the reviews, and i see where you are coming from. anyone who would rate this app, anything less then 5 stars should be shot pointblank in the head in front of their family. I am one of the first people to download this app, and i left the first review on it (Peter I.) and i have used the hell out of this app and never seen a need to email for help. I can't believe this ungrateful *******s would do this ****.

i beleieve some are intentionally tryin to ruin this app. For example i see so many reviews bashing the app and giving low stars; because you cant use ringtones for texts on pixi. this has nothing to do with app, and is a palm issue. and then people bithcing about its not the part of the song they want. well what does that have to do with the app either, its not like James controls the source of music (pretty sure it uses itunes or amazon). so everyone quit your *****ing this is the best app period, and its free, so figure **** out yourself cause if you are having trouble with this app you are a ******* ******.

Finally James i wish instead of pulling the app you should just put a disclaimer.
    "this app is perfect, read the help and instructions, i cannot dedicate time to helping your ******* to figure things out." "if you need help donate money and i will help"
    please make this a paid app. I'll buy it. You can use the profit to pay me to answer your email and help out. This is a great app, and I also bought the paid competitor. Yours is better.

how can we help?
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I can resonate with your decision, James.

Even with the hoops that people have to jump through to install Preware and custom kernels, I still get the odd email or forum post like yours. I simply can't image what it's like with a popular app in the app catalog.

Sorry that it had to come to this for you and FMR. Let me know if I (or WebOS Internals) can help in any way.

-- Rod
    Thank you Rod.

I need to work on removing some things, but I will GPL the source. Then let any who wish to use it for their own purposes do so as Jason suggested.
    - James Harris

Author of:

19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    please make this a paid app. I'll buy it. You can use the profit to pay me to answer your email and help out. This is a great app, and I also bought the paid competitor. Yours is better.

how can we help?
    By doing this (making it paid) it would become highly illegal. Not a road I care to go down.
    - James Harris

Author of:

... Or sell it to another dev?