Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Heh, awesome. Thank you. At 50% off, it really is a steal!
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Anychance of this being added to the Preware Save/Restore app? It would be great to not have to go through the process of searching and hitting download to let it see it in the database each time. I didn't think you could do anything else to it but I was wrong. I can't wait until your Pro version comes out, if the free one does all this I can't even imagine what the Pro version would do. Pandora should be in your crosshairs now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    dawm,

We should talk. I see a great opportunity for our apps to work together using my new 'send to app' feature. Erupnu@gmail.com
    spdsktr where is the send to app feature?

Never mind. Found it WOW again. So if I am interperting this correctly any app that has a notification option can now have the notification changed with this app correct? You should brag more about that feature. I just successfully changed the notification for geostrings. Cool!!!
  4.    #204  
    Hit the "Launcher" icon on a song detail, then "Send to App". I think you will like it

Ask the internals guys if they can add it. It's freeware, so anyone can get the app and the things they need to add this.

The pro version will be nice. I have a LOT of ideas that I am already working towards. If you think about what already exists, it hints at what is to come and the wellspring of ideas I have already
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

spdsktr I found a bug that is replicatable
    Search for song or artist
    click on the song you want
    click on the artist ( Pop up Search for artist click yes)
    new screen with artist name prepopulated
    click search
    page shows undefined results

I can search for any artist and replicate it.

You have to exit and restart program to get any search funcationality again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (58.2 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (77.2 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (127.3 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: png 4.png (74.1 KB, 7 views)
    • File Type: png 5.png (47.4 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: png 6.png (47.7 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: png 7.png (48.7 KB, 5 views)
    Last edited by mamouton; 06/19/2010 at 10:10 AM.
  6.    #206  
    Errr, opps. Looks like an issue with the new country search option. If you search from the main screen, do you see the "Country" selection option?
    - James Harris

Author of:

yes and it has USA as the country.
  8.    #208  
    I'm visiting family in NC this weekend, so no work for me right now. I'll look into it more when I get home. Can't reproduce on my end, but I'll bet anything it is an issue with the cookies not updating properly. Will "robustify" that part of the code and it should be fine. With changes/addition + palm review time = 10-12 days before release?

Wish that part of the process was a bit quicker.
    - James Harris

Author of:

I am finding more great features with this one then I did with the beta. When sending to app if the program isn't installed this program will ask you to download it. How cool!!
  10.    #210  
    Yeah, the Beta you had was for v1.1, I've moved on a bit... But many of these were in the 1.1 Beta. Surprised you are just now finding them...
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Anychance of this being added to the Preware Save/Restore app? It would be great to not have to go through the process of searching and hitting download to let it see it in the database each time. I didn't think you could do anything else to it but I was wrong. I can't wait until your Pro version comes out, if the free one does all this I can't even imagine what the Pro version would do. Pandora should be in your crosshairs now!!
    I just finished writing the script for the save/restore and will post it in the save/restore thread. then i will work with Rod to get it included in the next release of save/restore (i will include some directions for you to add them on your own, if you dont want to wait for the next release of the app). I still have to work with Rod to fix the bug in the launcher save/restore, so not sure if I will be able to get these in before we fix that, or if these will have to wait

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Yeah, the Beta you had was for v1.1, I've moved on a bit... But many of these were in the 1.1 Beta. Surprised you are just now finding them...
    I guess I have more time now since I finished up my dissertation :-) so onto more experimenting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I just finished writing the script for the save/restore and will post it in the save/restore thread. then i will work with Rod to get it included in the next release of save/restore (i will include some directions for you to add them on your own, if you dont want to wait for the next release of the app). I still have to work with Rod to fix the bug in the launcher save/restore, so not sure if I will be able to get these in before we fix that, or if these will have to wait

Adam
    That was fast!! I would like to know how to do the save restore so look forward to the links and tips!!
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post

Adam
    Thank you

I will not be making changes to the database nor cookies any time soon. I was a lot more forward thinking on these and planned for my future ideas. Also made it a bit more flexible by simply storing JSON data instead of a columns for each data field.

If only I could read a list files from a folder (without using the com.palm namespace), this would not be required.
    - James Harris

Author of:

is it possible to set a tone that someone hears when calling my pre?
    no its not, ask your provider

-snip-
    Last edited by TheRealLink; 06/20/2010 at 03:43 PM.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaroncampbell View Post
    is it possible to set a tone that someone hears when calling my pre?
    No, these are called ringbacks and managed entirely by your carrier. It's not a function of the phone, as the phone has no means to set what audio is playing when the caller starts. It's not possible because the caller has not necessarily established a connection between them and your phone.

It's just impossible to do from the phone, so I could never offer this functionality.
    - James Harris

Author of:

#2... Pulling for ya
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    #2... Pulling for ya
    Wouldn't it be amazing if he pulled ahead of Pandora next week? That would be something.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Wouldn't it be amazing if he pulled ahead of Pandora next week? That would be something.
    That would be something... to go along with my heart attack. An indie dev taking out Goliath in the 11th hour? Imagine the mass of developer's it would bring to webOS. Based on numbers I can see, it has a chance...

We just gotta spread the word to every webOS user that hasn't jumped ship to the Evo. Thanks for all of your help guys!

But, in related news: v1.3.0 has been submitted. It fixes the search bug (when searching on song/artist/album name by tapping onit). I also sneaked in a new list (Greatest Songs of All Time), as well as in song details filtering! Just start typing to quickly find a specific song in the current results. Took me a little while to complete that part right there and it works great. Code is not the prettiest, but then again, who cares?

Besides new lists, some extra functionality on the auto swap, and misc enhancements, there really is nothing left to do. I want to do a browse by artist, but getting the list of data is tough. I can manually generate and store in app, but that will mean it must be updated regularly.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast