Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Anyone,

Are the .m4a files recognized by BlackBerry devices, or would the need to be converted to .mp3 ?
    Dumb question here - how does one convert from m4a to mp3? I'd like to use one of these ringtones as my ringtoneunknowncaller.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Dumb question here - how does one convert from m4a to mp3? I'd like to use one of these ringtones as my ringtoneunknowncaller.
    m4a to mp3 converter - Google Search
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Looks like new version is now available in App Catalog...

Great redesign!

Looking forward to playing with the Send to App feature as described here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2498456. Will have to wait until I'm not at work though.

Moved up to #3 today. Good luck
    Thanks! Already finishing up v1.2 to submit it tomorrow

I know I am gaming the system just a bit, but hey, all my competitors have featured placements on Palm.com, the new Featured Apps app, and have had "Featured Apps" in the App Catalog. This is the only trick left to me.

But it will also probably be my last update. Everything that I can really think of to do has been done. The rest requires PDK plugins, and we all know that is not ready yet. That is, unless you guys come up with some kick ***** feature ideas for me...
    Last edited by spdsktr; 06/14/2010 at 10:32 PM.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

I don't think you are gaming the system at all. Each successive update has brought improvements in look and function of the app.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I don't think you are gaming the system at all. Each successive update has brought improvements in look and function of the app.
    Tell that to Pandora should I eliminate them Seriously, after this is over, I need a break. But you guys get to see a real evolution of an app in fast track mode. I barely have time to properly Beta test this stuff. Not my normal operating procedure for sure.

But then again, I already see the competitors aiming at me in their sights. Good luck!
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    Got it downloaded..
    Nice Interface..

Unfortunately I am getting the Error that I guess O2 Unlocked ppl are getting.

Just to mention I dont have 3G.. Only Wifi.. and as you would see from the pic below it has ample strength. It does search fine but does not play..

I have the same problem, wondering if there was a solution yet.

I am in India, on an unlocked O2 German QWERTZ Palm Pre.

Vikram
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    As posted earlier, I too am using an Unlocked German O2 Palm Pre...

Seems to be a common denominator. And my other friend too, both having the same problem here in Manila. On different GSM networks as well.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    As posted earlier, I too am using an Unlocked German O2 Palm Pre...

Seems to be a common denominator. And my other friend too, both having the same problem here in Manila. On different GSM networks as well.
    Same problem here, tried at least 3 different versions of the app, all the time get the same error...
  9.    #189  
    Guys, this issue is not with the app. It is with your carrier.

The affected people call cannot connect to the iTunes servers through their device. If you email me, I will send direct links to some of the files. In each case, you will be unable to access it.

It's essentially carrier block. They are blocking the connection. There is absolutely nothing I can do about this, and it is not a problem with the app.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Any way to arrange ringtones alphabetically? This is in Internalz and on the USB drive but not on the Pre itself.
    Laissez Faire
  11.    #191  
    OK, v1.2 submitted and will be available shortly.

New?

* Auto Swap Ringtone
    Set it to swap out your ringtones in automated fashion at the interval you set. Pulls from the downloaded tones you already have.

* Downloaded Ringtones
    Since v1.0, I was able to add tracking capabilities to the ones you downloaded (stored in a database). This now let's you review them and works as an alternate view to the favorites. There is code also built into the other 'browsing' methods to ensure the list get's caught up. I have to do it this way because I still cannot read from the files available in the ringtones folder.

* Email Ringtone List
    Since you can now browse your Favorites AND Downloaded tones, you can also email the entire list to yourself or anyone else

* Search by Country
    You can now search and do so by country as well as the type.

* Filters!
    Top 100, Search, Favorites, Downloaded Ringtones, and Browse areas all have "Type to Filter" capabilities. Just start typing, and all records matching the filterString are shown. This was trickier than you could imagine as it just wrecked the onTap events using the event.index I was using. Had to write a whole special function to find the original index value.

* Improved UI Responsiveness
    Let's face it, 1.1 was clicker, but 1.2 removes almost all lag and responsiveness issues. It feels as slick as it looks now.

* Better Integration with other Apps
    Searching on Amazon, You Tube, and Lyrics could produce no matches for some (not all) records. This was due to superfluous (say that 3 times fast) data inside of (), [], and {} pieces. I simply remove these and the results are much nicer.

* Top 100 Bug fixed
    There was a bug I found that if you selected a country, genre, and then set it to 200 or 300 results, it would use the "all genres" option (although still saying a genre was selected). This has been fixed.

* Search Launch Params
    Nothing you will see here yet, but now other apps can launch FMR and pass along search parameters. Can anyone think Pandora, Slacker, or any music playing app out there? We shall see...

* webOS 1.0 Compatible now
    Sort of... if not on v1.4+, it displays a notice to update webOS. This way newly activated Sprint/Verizon users can download it right away. Once they update webOS, they can then use it. More of a boon for me, but hey, it's new.

* Removed Pixi User Notice
    My email box has been flooded with the strangest questions and rants. It caused more confusion, negative reviews, and upped my email volume so much I decided to remove it.

* New method for alerting you to "Added to Favorites"
    I think you will like it..

* Minor 'nag' notice to support artists.
    This displays for 10 seconds, and only after on the "songs" scene for 3 minutes. Then goes into a looping 15 minute cycle. Doing this, as the tones are free, but we should support the artists we enjoy. It's minimal and not too much of a nag -- more of a gentle reminder. I'll take hits on this, but ohh well.

This about maxes out my feature ideas. No new versions planned unless A.) You guys find a major bug or B.) Someone comes up with a really great feature idea. Enjoy

Hopefully it carries to the #1 spot. I ask all of you to help out by spreading the word about FMR to every webOS User on the planet. Not sure it will get the required downloads to go all the way, but there is still 13 days left and may surprise me/us.
    - James Harris

Author of:

12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Any way to arrange ringtones alphabetically? This is in Internalz and on the USB drive but not on the Pre itself.
    Yes, 1.2 adds the ability to sort items by name or date. Searching, Top 100, and browse still not having this. Guess I should add it...
    - James Harris

Author of:

13.    #193  
    the latest version just hit the catalog. I'm visiting family in NC this weekend, but I will be as available as possible. Go get your ring on!
    - James Harris

Author of:

Once Palm ever release the api or whatever is needed, will there be a way to trim ringtones? I want to set a ringtone for a text but it's to long. I could do it on my computer. How about a new release list by genre??
  15.    #195  
    yes, once hybrid apps are possible there will be a TON of new things added. I will also do a pro version with some great ideas I have too. But for now, lists by genre are difficult. I need to find a good way to manage and organize the data for this. The top 100 actually lets you see the top 300 by genre and country for now. The search still works great, and you can search countries now too.
    - James Harris

Author of:

That was a fast reply! But I can't wait hope Palm make it possible by the fall .. Well since I'll be waiting to buy the Pro version I wil buy Flashcards for now. Even though I don't need it.
  17.    #197  
    Thank you. At half off... It's a steal. Although, there are plenty of fun things in there. If you like trivia. Need to add some 'name that tune' sets now as well. Will do that when I get home from this weekend. v3 will also expand on this with games and the like. Let me know how you would actually use it so I can focus on some 'non educational' qualities as well.
    - James Harris

Author of:

James just updated and since the beta expired all I can say is WOW!!! The random ringtone feature is great. I see now there is a way to track downloaded ringtones I haven't looked into yet but I would like to put the ones I previously downloaded in there as well. Any suggestions?? Thanks again. I also purchased flashcards as a show of support.
  19.    #199  
    Since I cannot read the files off the drive, I built code to check some things. Simply "find" the ringtones you previously downloaded. That's all. As you find each one (and it says "downloaded" automatically), the app will catch itself up. Each one you view, it literally checks if the file exists, and if so, checks if tracked in downloads. If not, it stores it to catch up if not already recorded as downloaded.

It's the best i can do based on the limitations of the SDK.

Thank you for your support with Flashcards. Weren't you a previous user though?
    - James Harris

Author of:

I was a beta tester for you and then I tried the lite version but I hadn't bought the full version yet. I went on a spending spree last night with the half off sale.