Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I know that a lot of people have been waiting for a Dropbox app..looks like one just hit the App Catalog Feeds, but it's not in the catalog yet.

However, you can see it on the Precentral App Gallery: http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...log/dropboxify
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Very Interesting....

I know Jason R was going to build an app like this as well. I'd like to see his offering before I decide on anything.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I will definitely check this out when it hits the app catalog. If anyone still needs a Dropbox account you can use this link and get an extra 250MB.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTcxODMzMTg5
    It's available now....

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Looks good so far.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Just installed works great. Playsmusic takes a while to download, maybe it was due to syncing up device. No skipping of files. There needs to be a way to use your choice of music player besides the streaming music player.
    If anyone gets it please post a review. I'd love a dedicated app for dropbox, but from the description it doesn't look like it does more than the mobile webpage. Does the music play in a searchable or shuffle-able way? Looks like you can't upload yet either. Seems like Jason was waiting to come out with his app until more features were possible. I like Dropbox it will be great when we have a full featured app and the ability to edit doc's.
    I'm sure people have done this already, but a temporary resolution for this is to grab a zumodrive account and put the dropbox inside the zumodrive. it's worked pretty well so far. can stream music and the like. video actually looked pretty good.
    this is very similiar to zumodrive's app. it plays music via the streaming music player.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I could not resist and bought the app. It works exactly as advertised. seems very quick and responsive over wifi, will update once I have tried it on evdo. For those who cant wait and are looking to have access to your dropbox files, this program will do it. Does not as of yet allow you to upload to dropbox, but it does say it is comming.

update: works fine over evdo, does not work well during a forced roam, actually doees not work at all when forced roam is enabled
    Last edited by willsurg; 05/25/2010 at 07:03 AM. Reason: : said I would on further testing
    Neat idea, but can you only look at stuff? I'd definitely use it if I can choose where to save files to the Palm (e.g. folders available via the USB drive), or access its file store via Internalz.
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    Seems like Jason was waiting to come out with his app until more features were possible. I like Dropbox it will be great when we have a full featured app and the ability to edit doc's.
    Not waiting for anything actually. I've been working on my Dropbox app alongside a few other things, so natural my speed isn't quite as fast as others.

I will say however, my app will probably be either $1.99 or $2.99 with a $1 off launch promo. It will have UI very similar to Internalz, with the ability to rename, move around, copy files (using the same folder tree selector as seen in Internalz; though only within the scope of the dropbox account), create folders, and most importantly, upload and download files from within the online account.

It is on the way. I commend Dropboxify's developers on a fine app though. No hard feeling or anything; I expected beforehand there'd be several dropbox apps release and mine will be one of them

Oh, and anyone have any name suggestions for my app? Currently, the only name I can think of is WebBox.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 05/25/2010 at 05:34 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Like WebBox. How about MyBox?
    >DropBox
    Dropped.

>TakeBox
    Taken.

>InBox
    It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Oh, and anyone have any name suggestions for my app? Currently, the only name I can think of is WebBox.
    Boxit
    Boxed
    Boxer
    DB Mobile
    My Drop
    The Drop
    The Box
    Drop it
    Droppy MacBoxerton
    Captian Boxy
    Sir BoxDrop the III

That's enough out of me, getting a bit off coarse
    You can't upload to or download from the app? That's a dealbreaker for me. I'll hold out for those features.
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    DropDrive
    DropBoxIt
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    MyDropBox
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    PreopBox? Eh eh? Ew.
    I vote for Droppy MacBoxerton