Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #41  
    dropboxify in the official app catalog
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  2. Mutz's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Not waiting for anything actually. I've been working on my Dropbox app alongside a few other things, so natural my speed isn't quite as fast as others.

    I will say however, my app will probably be either $1.99 or $2.99 with a $1 off launch promo. It will have UI very similar to Internalz, with the ability to rename, move around, copy files (using the same folder tree selector as seen in Internalz; though only within the scope of the dropbox account), create folders, and most importantly, upload and download files from within the online account.

    It is on the way. I commend Dropboxify's developers on a fine app though. No hard feeling or anything; I expected beforehand there'd be several dropbox apps release and mine will be one of them

    Oh, and anyone have any name suggestions for my app? Currently, the only name I can think of is WebBox.
    I'm holding out for your app, Jason.

    And I know your gonna love my name suggestion:

    BoxBob DropPants

    It's a keeper, huh?
  3. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Oh, and anyone have any name suggestions for my app? Currently, the only name I can think of is WebBox.
    I really like WebBox (or webBox, or webBOX).


    Some other ideas:

    - palmBox
    - CloudBox
    - FileBox

    or

    - webFilez
    (inspired by internalz)


    Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
  4. #44  
    ^^^ or drop the other B, webOX
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Oh, and anyone have any name suggestions for my app? Currently, the only name I can think of is WebBox.
    WebBox is a little difficult to pronounce...How about WebOX ...it's also very close to WebOS

    Gx
  6. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #46  
    +1 for WebOX
  7. #47  
    Q: If I use dropboxify app (If you see this Jason Robitaille...when is your version coming?...) can I easily add the url of file to share onto clipboard to share?...have only used "cloud" storage like google documents and related that we use everyday...I have gone to the Developer home, searched up and down for this answer...I want to avoid using computer to use dropbox...I know HelloNewman has the answer...lol...
  8. Mutz's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #48  
    Every time you tap on one of your Dropbox files from within the Dropboxify app, you get three options: OPEN, SAVE, or EMAIL. So, by selecting EMAIL, your e-mail app would open with the URL for the file already attached. I found one significant drawback to Dropboxify though, and that is that I can't stream music files stored at Dropbox through the Dropboxify app. It will only download the complete file to the phone first, and then play it. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, so I contacted DoGood, the developer, and he confirmed that streaming is not possible with this app.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    Every time you tap on one of your Dropbox files from within the Dropboxify app, you get three options: OPEN, SAVE, or EMAIL. So, by selecting EMAIL, your e-mail app would open with the URL for the file already attached. I found one significant drawback to Dropboxify though, and that is that I can't stream music files stored at Dropbox through the Dropboxify app. It will only download the complete file to the phone first, and then play it. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, so I contacted DoGood, the developer, and he confirmed that streaming is not possible with this app.
    Thanks for the detailed answer...
  10. #50  
    I was wondering about something before I purchased this app. I just recently got a dropbox account. I went to the mobile site today to download a picture to my phone, and it says that I cannot download it to save, but I can view it in the browser. Is this a Pre issue, or specific to my phone? I do not want to buy Dropboxify only to find out that I cannot download and save items to my phone with it either. I tried the picture in jpeg and png, and neither would save.

    Thanks,

    john
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    I was wondering about something before I purchased this app. I just recently got a dropbox account. I went to the mobile site today to download a picture to my phone, and it says that I cannot download it to save, but I can view it in the browser. Is this a Pre issue, or specific to my phone? I do not want to buy Dropboxify only to find out that I cannot download and save items to my phone with it either. I tried the picture in jpeg and png, and neither would save.

    Thanks,

    john
    I've never tried from the mobile site, but I bought this app about a week ago and it works spectacularly for both uploads and downloads. For you, I just tested the features for "Save" (to the /media/internal/dropboxify folder) as well as "Open" (seems to be a photo viewer built into the app -- doesn't use the default photo app). Both worked as expected -- obviously if you "Save", you can then open with the WebOS photos app or Internalz.

    I also now use the app regularly for uploading my Save-Restore....zip data files. Fast and robust backing up of the 'emergency plan' S-R zip file. This is a manual process.

    The only feature I would like to see added is a watch folder where contents get automatically uploaded to Dropbox.com. Defintely worth the $$.
  12. #52  
    thanks for the info, that helped
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  13. #53  
    I recently upgraded from a Sprint Pre to a Pre 2 and I've noticed that dropbox loads folders slower than it did on WebOS 1.4.5 Anybody else having this issue? Also, I haven't seen any updates for this app for a while. I was hoping to be able to create folders and rename files from dropboxify.
  14. #54  
    Sorry for up, but... now, the Dropboxify is the Oficial Dropbox client for webOS?

    https://www.dropbox.com/apps/162/dropboxify


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  15. #55  
    nah, it's just listed in the dropbox app directory of apps that use Dropbox's API. Not official
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  16. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    nah, it's just listed in the dropbox app directory of apps that use Dropbox's API. Not official
    Hi Jason,

    Do you still have a webOS Dropbox client in work?
    If no: What a pitty.
    If yes: Super! Do you have any rough ideas about availability?

    Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
  17. #57  
    Thanks, Jason.

    And I'm together with rgloor in this questions!

    PS: There is some chance to create a SugarSync client for webOS?


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi Jason,

    Do you still have a webOS Dropbox client in work?
    If no: What a pitty.
    If yes: Super! Do you have any rough ideas about availability?

    Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    I scrapped what code I had on the backburner, as it was written in Mojo. Enyo is another matter and I'm definitely hoping to create an Enyo dropbox client; though currently Enyo rewrites of Internalz and ComicShelf are top priority, naturally
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  19. #59  
    After opening a file, it will download to your device. Is there a way to clear the cache after use and free the space?
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi Jason,

    Do you still have a webOS Dropbox client in work?
    If no: What a pitty.
    If yes: Super! Do you have any rough ideas about availability?

    Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Hi Jason,

    Hope your Dropbox client is coming along well. Also, thanks for all the other cools stuff you already did for our community.

    thanks!
    Hong Kong Simon
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions