Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    You can't upload to or download from the app? That's a dealbreaker for me. I'll hold out for those features.
    Me too. I want to be able to sync screen shots/photos/videos/music/files with my Pre wirelessly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Oh, and anyone have any name suggestions for my app? Currently, the only name I can think of is WebBox.
    WebDropBox
    DropBoxit
    WebDrop
    WebOSDrop
    It's not clear from the Dropboxify review if it does the following:

1) Allows initial copying of files to webOS device via usb rather than OTA-only. (I have a 10GB music collection in DB that I want on my Pre Plus.)

2) Auto-downloads files newly added to DB via other devices (such as mp3's added via desktop)

3) Allows configuring non-standard apps as default filetype handlers (e.g., PDF, MP3)

Jason, are these features part of your initial design?
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrobot View Post
    It's not clear from the Dropboxify review if it does the following:

1) Allows initial copying of files to webOS device via usb rather than OTA-only. (I have a 10GB music collection in DB that I want on my Pre Plus.)

2) Auto-downloads files newly added to DB via other devices (such as mp3's added via desktop)

3) Allows configuring non-standard apps as default filetype handlers (e.g., PDF, MP3)

Jason, are these features part of your initial design?
    May wanna read a few posts back in this thread (I think). Currently, neither Dropboxify nor my upcoming app will do 2way syncing of a local folder. Think of it like an extension of the file system to Dropbox's servers. Downloading and uploading files as needed (note: Dropboxify does not currently support uploading)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Dropum
    Pixelpipe just added a Dropbox "pipe."
    It will have UI very similar to Internalz, with the ability to rename, move around, copy files (using the same folder tree selector as seen in Internalz; though only within the scope of the dropbox account), create folders, and most importantly, upload and download files from within the online account.
    Sounds good Jason. As a fellow northerner, I'll wait for your app if I can. I've heard great things about your Internalz, 'tho I haven't tried Homebrew apps just yet - I'm fairly new to this WebOS thing, but it's growing on me fast.

How about "JustDropIt!" ?
    "D in a Box" or "DinaBox"
    -
    with the following instructions:
    "It's easy to do just follow these steps: 1) Cut a hole in a box, 2) Put your junk in that box, 3) Make her open the box"
    That's the way you do it!
    There's also a Dropbox mobile site...can't upload anything though from what I can tell.

https://www.dropbox.com/m/login
    Any news on your app Jason? ETA?
    With this half off promo I'm tempted to buy the current one, but I'd rather wait for yours

As for a name, if it's going to be similar to Internalz, maybe go with a similar name ending in a z? DropBokz?
    I'm waiting for Jason's app too. I'd like to support him since he has made my PRE my PREcious toy. Any thoughts as to when it will come out? Just curious. Thanks.
    I'm interested in Jason's app too. But with this 1/2 price sale, I picked up Dropboxify for $1.50 to use in the meantime.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I'm interested in Jason's app too. But with this 1/2 price sale, I picked up Dropboxify for $1.50 to use in the meantime.
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Ditto

Jason,

I'm contemplating the same... are you still 2+ weeks from a release date?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    +1 for My Drop or MyDropz

Thanks for all of your work Jason.
    Last edited by Slosh01; 06/19/2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: update
    I just can't figure out how to stream music through Dropboxify, at least I can't figure out how to stream more than one song at a time. Can anyone help? Also, it appears Dropboxify downloads each streaming file to the Pre, which would seem to severely limit its usefulness. Isn't the point of streaming is to not use the internal HD space?
    Drop Kick
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Oh, and anyone have any name suggestions for my app? Currently, the only name I can think of is WebBox.
    PreBox
    DropX
    pBox
    webBox

Just some ideas.
    I wanna get a dropbox app. even the mobile website won't work. I love dropbox. I urge you to support me and get your own

Dropbox - Home - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/14/2010 at 01:35 AM.
    I'm all for it. I use it all the time on the laptop.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast