1.    #1  
    Engadget app isn't working on my Pre Plus for last couple of weeks now. Anyone else have this issue? I know I can use my browser but app is so much easier.
    Did you install the iPhone user spoof patch?...Or Change User Agent?
    mine works fine
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Did you install the iPhone user spoof patch?...Or Change User Agent?
    I did install the iphone user spoof patch, do I have to uninstall that?
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I did install the iphone user spoof patch, do I have to uninstall that?
    Even if you uninstall the patch, the damage is done, it wont fix it. You should have read the thread on that patch before you installed the patch. I and Mr. M had the same problem with the patch. Pretty much, all we can do is hope that the next OTA reconstructs the whole firmware. Check your Palm Pre native "Help" app. It should be broken too. The patch breaks Engadget and native help and there's no turning back, unless you doctor or probably put all your eggs into the next OTA basket.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Why install that patch in the first place.
    Because i made the same mistake and didnt read the thread on the patch. Now, before i install a patch, i read the thread and look for issues with it. I dont really need engadget or native help. I can do without them, hence i didnt doctor. If you feel you can, go ahead and doctor.
    But why install a patch that makes websites think you are using an Iphone. That i don't get.
    iPhone is obviously more well recognized than a Palm Pre, so most websites have a seperate mobile page customized just for the iPhone. The page fits your page perfectly and makes it easier to navigate their site. Pretty much, sites like BBC,CNN,Yahoo,Hotmail,AIM and lots more have customized pages for the iPhone. Thats why i installed the patch.
  8.    #8  
    thank you so much. I can live without engadget app.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    thank you so much. I can live without engadget app.
    Thats what i said too. Thats all it affects. Well Engadget and "Help". I could care less about either of them. Hopefully Palm makes the "Help" app optional, so i can save some space.
    All those sites have mobile webpages designed for smartphones so there was no need to install that patch to get a mobile web page. I am pretty sure the mobiel webpage is exactly the same on the Pre and Iphone. The thing about this patch is when web statictics are collected your Pre is listed as an Iphone.

All those sites went directly to the mobile site on my Pre.
    Yes. You are correct. All the web pages now recognize the Pre as a smartphone. A while ago, it was recognize as a desktop, so whenever i go on yahoo, i see a whole yahoo page, so basically, i installed that patch to fix my problem. I dont feel like removing it yet.
    mine won't work when using wifi at work other then that it works fine