Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I've been looking for a thread about this awesome app and could not find it, so here it is:
    Palm Hot Apps

The app looks very professional and has lots of nice features. However, something that I'd like to have is the ability to synch with the cloud. Either google docs or any other service.

A great example is the Done! app that synchs with Toodledo and works really great. I don't have to worry about losing anything on my Pre because I synch everything with the cloud.

As of right now Evernote is driving me crazy, Scratch is a nice concept, but the organization is very limited, Memos doesn't synch with anything, ClassicNotes doesn't synch with the cloud, so I'm struggling to keep myself organized.

UPDATE: Notes currently exports notes to google docs and import from google docs should be available very shortly.

UPDATE 2: Notes now imports and exports google docs!! WOW
    Last edited by TreoRock; 06/16/2010 at 01:06 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Notes by Inglorious Apps with Google Docs support is here:
    Inglorious Apps - Sweet Apps for WebOS

This app is a must buy for anybody interested in taking notes and looking for google docs integration.
    How does this compare with Scratch?
    I use pocket mirror to synch notes with Outlook. I could probably sync Outlook with google, but I don't personally need/want cloud sync...

The downside is that you would have to buy Pocket Mirror (or similar product)... take a look at what google sync to outlook can do, and see if that would meet your needs. If so, and you can bring yourself to buy a third-party tool, that may give you a route to sync with your desktop and a cloud service...

The Pocket Mirror Notes application is pretty close to the old Palm Desktop feature, which is enough for the way I use it... But it isn't for someone that needs a word processor on their phone...
    Love this app. Really easy to make notes on and I like the media feature! Now that zcorder is out, you could make a voice recording, make a note in Notes and attach the voice recording to the Note! I also use the image feature to put things like album or game covers in there. Idk, it's fun. I was using it during the Mobile Money Quest, really made me appreciate the greatness of true multitasking.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    How does this compare with Scratch?
    Scratch has more formatting features and for now it imports Google docs which Notes will get soon. However, Notes has a very nice interface with way much better organization and design. I can see this my only notes solution on my Palm Pre after Google docs import gets implemented.
    Anybody know when Google Docs importing will be implemented? This is a GREAT app, and is exactly what the stock Memo function should have been at the outset. However, I have over 500 Reference notes (dating back since my Palm Pilot days) that I need to import, but don't have time to manually transfer from the Memos. The developers website does not offer any timeline for this feature.
    I just bought this today & it does send the notes to google doc now. Just swipe off the screen & it is send automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    I just bought this today & it does send the notes to google doc now. Just swipe off the screen & it is send automatically.
    Yes, I know. I was specifically talking about IMPORTING notes FROM Google Docs to the Pre (i.e. 2-way cloud sync'ing).
    Not sure, might want to try hitting the dev up on Twitter @ingloriousapps
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Yes, I know. I was specifically talking about IMPORTING notes FROM Google Docs to the Pre (i.e. 2-way cloud sync'ing).
    Ooops, I didn't read it correctly. I love the app & was happy to try to add to it, sorry.
  12.    #12  
    The application says coming soon so I'm pretty sure he is working on it as I write this. I think it took him about 4 weeks or so to get the google docs export working. So for the import I would say about the same time or more. Importing could be more difficult thank an export. We should hear from him soon.
    Last edited by TreoRock; 06/07/2010 at 09:31 AM.
    DEVELOPER
    Sorry guys, i didn't know this forum existed. I already have the importing feature implemented, and I've submitted the update to palm yesterday. So it should be hitting the app catalog in a few days, sometime this week.
    Also, if you have specific questions or issues hit me up on Twitter @ingloriousapps or send a direct email to ingloriousapps@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    Don't you just love it!
    it syncs without you even thinking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    DEVELOPER
    Sorry guys, i didn't know this forum existed. I already have the importing feature implemented, and I've submitted the update to palm yesterday. So it should be hitting the app catalog in a few days, sometime this week.
    Also, if you have specific questions or issues hit me up on Twitter @ingloriousapps or send a direct email to ingloriousapps@gmail.com
    Great! Looking forward to it! This app fills one of the major "holes" in WebOS!
  16.    #16  
    After using Notes for weeks, I can now get rid of Scratch, Evernotes and I'm almost close to stop using Memos. The only thing you need is Notes for keeping text notes on your Pre. Wow! I love my Pre more every single day thanks to awesome developers like Inglorious!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    After using Notes for weeks, I can now get rid of Scratch, Evernotes and I'm almost close to stop using Memos. The only thing you need is Notes for keeping text notes on your Pre. Wow! I love my Pre more every single day thanks to awesome developers like Inglorious!
    Thanks

- Inglorious Apps
    Very nice app, I just downloaded it. I thought there would be a preference for selecting font size, but I don't find it. Is this on your enhancements list?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    This is my most used app.
    Is anyone up to developing a plugin for the Universal Search Command Line (USCL) patch so a new note could be added without opening the notes app?
    That'd be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by talalal View Post
    This is my most used app.
    Is anyone up to developing a plugin for the Universal Search Command Line (USCL) patch so a new note could be added without opening the notes app?
    That'd be amazing.
    I would if i could, but i have no idea how to make patches (I'm not into homebrewing). I would be cool though..
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast