Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Help! The touch screen on my Pre Minus died and I need to get my NOTES off this phone before I pick up my new phone. I can't see the file when I am in usb mode. I hope you can help.

lindy219@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy219 View Post
    Help! The touch screen on my Pre Minus died and I need to get my NOTES off this phone before I pick up my new phone. I can't see the file when I am in usb mode. I hope you can help.

lindy219@hotmail.com
    I don't think it stores them where you can see them in usb mode... using internalz showing hidden files, I am not seeing anything.

I could be wrong though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It stores them in the .app-storage folder. When you connect via USB, enable hidden folders and you'll see it.

Then open the file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.ingloriousapps.notes_0 folder.

Here you'll see a file named something like: 0000000000000011.db

Copy this file to your PC.

When you get the new phone and reinstall Notes, open it and it'll create another file like that. Then, follow the steps above again except this time instead of copying the .db file from your phone, delete the new file and copy the file from your old phone (that you copied to your PC) over to that directory. Then your stuff should be restored.

I think there's a page on the IngloriousApps support site that details this method.
    My bad, I looked in there, must not have given internalz enough time to load the data in that directory...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    OK - This is a pretty dopey question since I've just read through this whole thread and see that the syncing is THE thing here, but... I have just migrated from a PrePlus to a Veer, and was silly enough to reset the PrePlus and hand it off to my daughter before making sure I had everything off of it. What I didn't have was some notes in this great Notes app. I had never synced to Google Docs (clearly should have). But I did take a copy of the the PrePlus directory before I wiped it out.

Any way to find the files that stored the never-synced content from the Notes app on the PrePlus and get them into the new Veer?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrose View Post
    OK - This is a pretty dopey question since I've just read through this whole thread and see that the syncing is THE thing here, but... I have just migrated from a PrePlus to a Veer, and was silly enough to reset the PrePlus and hand it off to my daughter before making sure I had everything off of it. What I didn't have was some notes in this great Notes app. I had never synced to Google Docs (clearly should have). But I did take a copy of the the PrePlus directory before I wiped it out.

Any way to find the files that stored the never-synced content from the Notes app on the PrePlus and get them into the new Veer?
    The previous steps should apply, provided your copied off the .app-storage directory or if the reset of your PrePlus did not delete the previous .app-storage directory so you can get it back off that phone. If your .app-storage directory is gone, then you can't get them.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM

I'm guessing the PrePlus directory you copied is the USB portion, I would suggest following the instructions above (I am including below).

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It stores them in the .app-storage folder. When you connect via USB, enable hidden folders and you'll see it.

Then open the file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.ingloriousapps.notes_0 folder.

Here you'll see a file named something like: 0000000000000011.db

Copy this file to your PC.

When you get the new phone and reinstall Notes, open it and it'll create another file like that. Then, follow the steps above again except this time instead of copying the .db file from your phone, delete the new file and copy the file from your old phone (that you copied to your PC) over to that directory. Then your stuff should be restored.

I think there's a page on the IngloriousApps support site that details this method.
    Many thanks for the direction. I did find the hidden .app-storage folder in the Messaging top-level folder, with several files in it, but the one you reference (file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.ingloriousapps.notes_0) was not there. I then did a search of the whole copied directory for "ingloriousapps" and found nothing.

But I do appreciate the quick responses and the attempt. I fear I have lost those notes forever. Should have known better!
    Many thanks for the direction. I did find the hidden .app-storage folder in the Messaging top-level folder, with several files in it, but the one you reference (file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.ingloriousapps.notes_0) was not there. I then did a search of the whole copied directory for "ingloriousapps" and found nothing.

But I do appreciate the quick responses and the attempt. I fear I have lost those notes forever. Should have known better!
    It shouldn't be in the Messaging top folder, I'm not really sure what you mean by that. I took a series of screenshots to show where it is, from what you see when you plugin the device to the actual file and attached them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    is there a way to get notes working on the pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by eternityzero View Post
    is there a way to get notes working on the pre 3?
    I second that. Looks like just the app for me, when it works.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Update to Notes is coming very soon. It'll be Pre3 Compatible
    What about the TouchPad? Love this app on my Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    What about the TouchPad? Love this app on my Pre 2.
    No eta
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Awesome! I'll be purchasing as soon as it arrives. Then must figure out how to get my many Centro notes into Google notes....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Just purchased Notes and installed it on my EU unlocked Pre3 (webOS 2.2.0 build 3171). It works fine except for the ability to export notes to Google Docs. Basically it is not possible to add a Gmail account in the Preferences screen: after filling in the mail account/password and pressing the button: Login/Save is says: "Error logging into Google. Try Again!". It is the same on Pre2 (webOS 2.1)

Anyone encountered this error ?
    Last edited by kbywal; 10/02/2011 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Just purchased Notes and installed it on my EU unlocked Pre3 (webOS 2.2.0 build 3171). It works fine except for the ability to export notes to Google Docs. Basically it is not possible to add a Gmail account in the Preferences screen: after filling in the mail account/password and pressing the button: Login/Save is says: "Error logging into Google. Try Again!". It is the same on Pre2 (webOS 2.1)

Anyone encountered this error ?
    Google changed their API's, dev has posted on Twitter that he is working on it. E-mail or hit him on twitter if you have any questions, he is very responsive. One of the many awesome webOS devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Google changed their API's, dev has posted on Twitter that he is working on it. E-mail or hit him on twitter if you have any questions, he is very responsive. One of the many awesome webOS devs.
    Actually, I'd prefer not to be emailed about it, since I'm already aware
    But Yah, I've submitted an update that should be available shortly, just waiting for it to pass through the App review team
    I've just purchased Notes for the Pre3 (great app by the way).

Now a question: I have all my PalmOS notes in a CSV file (2 columns - category and the actual note) and I was wondering what the best method would be to get these onto my Pre?

From what I can gather, they ideally need to be in Google 'Document' format, which is like a Word DOC. Is there a simple way I can change my many notes to this, or import them directly into Notes, without copying and pasting them all from the CSV one-by-one?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I would look for something that can convert that csv to word docs
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast