Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    @snoopgoat -

I know i've said it b4, but i just wanted to say again, GREAT WORK.

I've always considered this app to be the first truly functional app in the official catalog.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/09/2010 at 07:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Help! Having trouble since update yesterday. I can open the Notes app, but when I tap on an individual note, nothing happens (no notes will open). When I tap on the + to add a new note, I can type a title but can't access the body. When I swipe out, the Note is not saved.

I have 174 Notes (keeping track of reading material). I truly love this app, but I'm freaking out here!!

I've tried rebooting my phone, to no avail. Anyone have any ideas??
    Quote Originally Posted by lynmarti View Post
    Help! Having trouble since update yesterday. ...
    Nothing to freak out over. I screwed up the last update. Basically if you have the "Always ask for pin code" option set to "yes", you'll have this problem. Toggle this to "no" for the meantime while I try to push out an update to fix this.
    Keep in mind, if you have any issues, send an email to the developer (i.e. me). I try try to keep an eye on the forums, but that's no guarantee...

Please don't leave '0 star' reviews for this minor issue (I see some people already doing this)
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Nothing to freak out over. I screwed up the last update. Basically if you have the "Always ask for pin code" option set to "yes", you'll have this problem. Toggle this to "no" for the meantime while I try to push out an update to fix this.
    Keep in mind, if you have any issues, send an email to the developer (i.e. me). I try try to keep an eye on the forums, but that's no guarantee...

Please don't leave '0 star' reviews for this minor issue (I see some people already doing this)
    No worries - I did see that but rest assured it wasn't me One minor issue doesn't deserve a negative review

I tweeted too - you can ignore that (Twimarti)

Thanks again for the prompt reply! That worked like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynmarti View Post
    No worries - I did see that but rest assured it wasn't me One minor issue doesn't deserve a negative review

I tweeted too - you can ignore that (Twimarti)

Thanks again for the prompt reply! That worked like a charm.
    hmm... i didn't get your tweet.
    Speaking if twitter, I plan to do a little giveaway sometime this week on Twitter to users of Notes. So, if you use the Notes app, follow me on twitter (@IngloriousApps) and keep your eyes open...
    Undo/Redo now available in Notes 1.2.3
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I use this app every day, it has become my most valuable app on my Pre, in terms of function and what it does for me.

I am keeping a food diary on my Pre using Notes as part of a plan to lose weight and eat healthy. I have been keeping the diary for a long time and it is getting long.

Currently, I have to scroll down a LONG way to post the next entry. Is there a way to have a setting that for a particular note, it always opens at the top or bottom, or a meta-tap on the arrow at the bottom of the screen to jump to the bottom?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Tap the top bar (Where it says "Notes(x)") to scroll up. Tap again to scroll down
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Now I did not know about that scrolling, that is very cool!

But, what I would like to do is the very same scrolling inside a single note. I have a single entry that is one long note.

Can you add that same scrolling ability within notes themselves?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    But, what I would like to do is the very same scrolling inside a single note. I have a single entry that is one long note.

Can you add that same scrolling ability within notes themselves?
    I have been enjoying this new scrolling ability since the last update and had not had time to drop by here to say thank you.

This app is even better than before. THANK YOU!

Another suggestion: If you send a picture via text message, taking a new picture to do so, then delete the picture, the picture is gone from your picture folder, but remains in the text thread, unless you delete the thread or that specific text. Tapping on the picture in the text asks if you want to copy it to pictures, since it realizes it does not exist there.

In your app, if you attach a picture to a note, and delete the picture, the thumbnail remains in the note, but tapping the image goes to the gray screen with an X in it, signifying the image you are trying to view does not exist.

Can you change that to where the full image is stored with the app somehow?

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I have been enjoying this new scrolling ability since the last update and had not had time to drop by here to say thank you.

This app is even better than before. THANK YOU!

Another suggestion: If you send a picture via text message, taking a new picture to do so, then delete the picture, the picture is gone from your picture folder, but remains in the text thread, unless you delete the thread or that specific text. Tapping on the picture in the text asks if you want to copy it to pictures, since it realizes it does not exist there.

In your app, if you attach a picture to a note, and delete the picture, the thumbnail remains in the note, but tapping the image goes to the gray screen with an X in it, signifying the image you are trying to view does not exist.

Thanks again!
    In the latest update Inglorious Apps added what is called a Power Scroll (Carbon twitter app devs named it, as they are the first to do this I guess)

Notes has this in the notes list, and inside of an open note: To very quickly scroll to the top or bottom of a long list (or note) just swipe up or down with two fingers. If it's a long list of notes it will scroll quickly to the top/bottom, inside a note it pretty much just instantly goes to the top/bottom.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    In the latest update Inglorious Apps added what is called a Power Scroll (Carbon twitter app devs named it, as they are the first to do this I guess)

Notes has this in the notes list, and inside of an open note: To very quickly scroll to the top or bottom of a long list (or note) just swipe up or down with two fingers. If it's a long list of notes it will scroll quickly to the top/bottom, inside a note it pretty much just instantly goes to the top/bottom.
    Exactly, that's what I was thanking him for?

Inglorious Apps, on to my other suggestion:

Quote Originally Posted by jdod
    If you send a picture via text message, taking a new picture to do so, then delete the picture [from your picture folder, not the text], the picture is gone from your picture folder, but remains in the text thread, unless you delete the thread or that specific text. Tapping on the picture in the text asks if you want to copy it to pictures, since it realizes it does not exist there.

For performance, I only store the path to an image and not the full image itself (I know it sucks). So, if you delete the original image from your phone, any note pointing to that image will show the image as blank.
    I'd like to see more choices in snooze times for notes with reminders instead of just the default 5 minutes. Would be great for using Notes as a quick task manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I'd like to see more choices in snooze times for notes with reminders instead of just the default 5 minutes. Would be great for using Notes as a quick task manager.
    Next Update...
    Next Update...
    Sweet.
    In the future, I plan to make this a more automated 2-way sync b/w Notes & Google docs.
    Any word on when (if) this 2-way sync will be implemented?
    I just downloaded notes after seeing it is compatible with 2.0 on webosroundup. In the video it shows a reminder being created using just type by typing "pickup touchpad@June 6th 9:00am". I tried creating one this way but every time I would just get a note created with xxxx xxx@ Month Day Time

It would never create a reminder. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
    I just downloaded notes after seeing it is compatible with 2.0 on webosroundup. In the video it shows a reminder being created using just type by typing "pickup touchpad@June 6th 9:00am". I tried creating one this way but every time I would just get a note created with xxxx xxx@ Month Day Time

It would never create a reminder. What am I doing wrong?
    Lol. I knew someone would ask about that. It's only available in version 1.6.0 (as in indicated in the video), which should be hitting the App catalog very soon, maybe today or tomorrow
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Just tried to update. Download failed. Weird thing is, the app didn't have an icon in the app catalog. Just a grey square. Same for SimpleTime Lite.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast