Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    VTP,

You got it all wrong. Changes made on your Pre will automatically sync with Google Notes. Changes made on google Docs will sync with notes when you manually import from the notes' menu. Deletions, however, are not sync'd.
  2. VTP
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    VTP,
    You got it all wrong. Changes made on your Pre will automatically sync with Google Notes. Changes made on google Docs will sync with notes when you manually import from the notes' menu. Deletions, however, are not sync'd.
    OK, let me see if I've got it then. If I update a note on my Pre, it will update the corresponding file in Google Docs. If I update within Google Docs, I need to reimport that into the Pre's Notes app (I guess Notes recognizing that it's the same, previously-existing note and doesn't create a second note when it imports this). Documents deleted in Google Docs must then be manually deleted from the Notes app. Is that correct? Thanks much for your guidance.
    You are correct.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Any chance that embedded media (pictures at least) in Notes! can be embedded in a Google Document in the future?
    Still hoping here for the ability to password protect individual documents. I hate having to enter a key everytime to get into Notes when I only have 1 note that has sensitive information. Please enhance this feature..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Still hoping here for the ability to password protect individual documents. I hate having to enter a key everytime to get into Notes when I only have 1 note that has sensitive information. Please enhance this feature..
    I just finally started using internalz and a .*folder name* to keep stuff that I don't want showing up in all the apps. Thought it was gonna be a hassle, but internalz is pretty robust and works as a basic text and media viewer. Maybe one day when I have free time I will try and do a remix of the OE photo and media viewer or dev an app from scratch. I've got some ideas that I think could easily be used to make these function a little better. I just haven't had to time to sit in front of the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I just finally started using internalz and a .*folder name* to keep stuff that I don't want showing up in all the apps. Thought it was gonna be a hassle, but internalz is pretty robust and works as a basic text and media viewer. Maybe one day when I have free time I will try and do a remix of the OE photo and media viewer or dev an app from scratch. I've got some ideas that I think could easily be used to make these function a little better. I just haven't had to time to sit in front of the computer.
    Thanks for the tip man.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    A few people have asked for this, and apart from it being difficult to implement, I still can't wrap my mind as to why people want to be able to lock individual notes. It seems like it'll be more annoying to enter a password, every time you want to open a locked note. To me, its just like an email. You login once, and you have access to all your emails. When you're done, you log out.
    For the few people having google login issues and upload errors, I've fixed it. I've also added the ability to import notes created with the new version of google docs (google screwed me over with their latest update). Plus I've added a few extra goodies like tweeting your notes, and opening address in Google Maps.
    See demo video here (best viewed on your phone):

This update will be hitting the App catalog in a few days....
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    A few people have asked for this, and apart from it being difficult to implement, I still can't wrap my mind as to why people want to be able to lock individual notes. It seems like it'll be more annoying to enter a password, every time you want to open a locked note. To me, its just like an email. You login once, and you have access to all your emails. When you're done, you log out.
    Not sure if you used old Palm OS, but I have thought of it like having a category. And that category is unlocked with a password. The one thing I do miss from Palm OS is having the "Private" setting.... you could set it on all the PIM stuff from what I remember, notes/contacts/etc. When you would tell the OS to unlock the private stuff you would enter your password and all private items would show, when private was locked, they didn't even show up.

So my though is the same idea, being able to mark individual notes or a note category as private... then in the drop down menu an option to show or hide private notes, when you click that either option you are prompted to enter your password to hide or show. Not sure how hard implementation would be, but that is how I have envisioned it.
  11. VTP
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Oh, no, it's just right the way it is. I keep many notes that contain passwords, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, and many notes that contain other types of confidential information. Best to be able to lock up ALL of the notes very simply, and unlock all of them with just the entry of a 4-digit PIN. I often forget to lock up my Pre when I'm out and about, and I'm always thankful and confident in the knowledge that my Notes are always locked up, automatically. Don't change a thing!
    In response to what VTP said, let me further clarify my post above..... I use notes for things like shopping lists and other random need to have it when I need it info but is nowhere near needing to be secure, that is why I don't just password protect all of my notes. Just clarifying, it's not a do or die feature for me, would just be an added benefit of an app I already love.
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP View Post
    Oh, no, it's just right the way it is. I keep many notes that contain passwords, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, and many notes that contain other types of confidential information. Best to be able to lock up ALL of the notes very simply, and unlock all of them with just the entry of a 4-digit PIN. I often forget to lock up my Pre when I'm out and about, and I'm always thankful and confident in the knowledge that my Notes are always locked up, automatically. Don't change a thing!
    Agreed...+1
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Sounds like you have a new product opportunity: SecureNotes! Same exact thing, but with password protection and strong encryption. And it can be run side by side with Notes for those that just want certain notes secured.
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Sounds like you have a new product opportunity: SecureNotes! Same exact thing, but with password protection and strong encryption. And it can be run side by side with Notes for those that just want certain notes secured.
    Not a bad idea (Sounds greedy though ). Making apps with similar functionality. Like our good friends at Brighthouse & Appible .
    So far, the best idea (by best, I mean easy for me to implement) I think is to have the ability to lock specific categories, in addition to locking the entire app. So a user can choose to either just Lock the App or just Lock some categories or Lock the app and Lock some categories , or just leave everything unlocked. I'll add this to my to-do list for the next update.
    Oh, by the way, is there anyone here who hasn't left a review/rating in the App catalog? Please do.
    Here's the App development equation:

Good Ratings = Sales = Motivation = Improvements = More Apps

This applies to every app you purchase from the app catalog. Support your devs by rating their apps. I've realized that the volume of reviewers for some apps is too small, compared to the users actually using the apps. Also, when reviewing apps, don't make requests or report issues there, because devs can't contact you to help you, plus some reviews get deleted after a while, so a dev may never get to see your review. The best thing to do if you have a specific issue, or request is to contact the dev directly via email.
    That's my 2 cents for today
    Encryption is good on the device but also it would be
    fine to save the notes encrypted inside GoogleDocuments.
    For editing the notes inside the Browser a simple AJAX
    app should be easy to develop.

Notes is great, many thanks to snoopgoat !
    I use Companionlink 3rd-party software to sync my PRE to Google and then to my Outlook on my PC. Companionlink says they can't configure it to sync Notes and Tasks. Is there any way to sync the NOTES app to Outlook? I have the app, but I have only entered a few notes that are only applicable for PRE use etc.

(I think I might have asked this before, but I'm old, so forgive me... )
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    I use Companionlink 3rd-party software to sync my PRE to Google and then to my Outlook on my PC. Companionlink says they can't configure it to sync Notes and Tasks. Is there any way to sync the NOTES app to Outlook? I have the app, but I have only entered a few notes that are only applicable for PRE use etc.

(I think I might have asked this before, but I'm old, so forgive me... )
    Nope. No syncing to outlook. Currently the only form of 'syncing' is when you create a new note or edit a pre-existing note, it automatically exports it to google (you can also manually force it to export all notes). When you create or edit a note on google docs, you can manually import it into Notes. In the future, I plan to make this a more automated 2-way sync b/w Notes & Google docs. Currently, I don't have the resources (or expertise) to work with syncing to Outlook. Sorry...
    Alright kids. An update for Notes is now live in the App catalog. So go download it now!