Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Snoopgoat, just some thoughts suggestions. (I posted this in PreCentral's review comment section as well)...

1) Google Docs integratation is priceless!!! Please keep this no matter how clunky it is. Functionality works well enough. Yes, it uploads all notes in one shot, but I'm ok with that because I just want a backup. You can import notes one by one. What's really nice, is that it automatically uploads new notes once you close the app, so you don't have to remember to upload periodically. Nice!

2) Preview shots in app catalog are a little misleading. One pic shows notes with bullets, but there doesn't appear to be a way create them from the app? Though you can see them if the doc is created in Google Doc, then imported. This would be great to have.

3) Regarding the alpha sorting, yeah, that would be great to have back. That's a basic function in my mind, but I can deal with it. Even better would be to have an option to sort by category, then alphabetically. Fliq Notes has a great organization scheme where you can expand and collapse the categories, if you could copy that... ;-).

4) Would be nice to edit the category colors.

Otherwise, great app.
    Thanks!
    1) Yeah, I'm keeping the google docs. And I'll keep working on ways to improve it.
    2) As I replied in the review page, this wasn't meant to be misleading. You can add a bullet point by pressing the 'sym' button and scroll to row 10, col 4
    3) Concerning sorting. It's a very tricky one. You cannot have drag-n-drop as well as sorting alphabetically. It's one or the other. In fliq notes, there's no drag-n-drop. But I'm thinking of how to improve the sorting functionality of the app, while maintaining a very simple UI. That's the challenge!
    4) Ever since day one, people have been asking for a way to edit category colors. In a way, I feel like I dug a hole for myself here . If I didn't have colors at all, people wouldn't ask for colors. Now that I have colors, people are asking for more colors . But with that said, I plan to work on this (since users are asking). But its a low priority for me since I have a ton of things going on.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy the app. Thanks for the support. It's great to see the users in this forum support my effort. I've spent a lot of time working on this app, so even though I may get negative reviews (like the 1 star someone gave the app in the catalog recently), I can sleep well knowing that at least one person appreciates the countless hours I've spent working on this app.
    who ever gave the 1 star rating is just being an ***.

no matter what limitations of the app are perceived, your app is 1000 x more useful than the built in memo app.
    that by itself gives it three stars to start with.

I greatly appreciate your app and use it daily.

thank you, and keep up the great work.
    Regarding the category colors, it's not so much that I want more colors, I would just like to pick which olor out of the available ones would be it for the category. Currently they are assigned automatically and if you delete a category, the colors of the categories underneath it change so your colors aren't really permanent.
    snoopgoat, I just gave you a 5-star rating to help counter the low ratings you got. You deserve the positive feedback.
    It's a great note app. I am learning to appreciate it more with each time I use it. Sync to Google Notes is the essential piece, in my opinion. Keep working to improve it!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Great app, but its never imported or exported to google for me. Not once. Dr.'ed my Pre last night for fits and shiggles, installed everything new, figured i would try the syncing again but it still isnt working. Took off the "New Features" on Google Docs, but still no go. Oh well. Still decent.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Regarding the category colors, it's not so much that I want more colors, I would just like to pick which olor out of the available ones would be it for the category. Currently they are assigned automatically and if you delete a category, the colors of the categories underneath it change so your colors aren't really permanent.
    I concur. It's not a big deal, though. I just leave some categories blank to get to the category colors I prefer. It's not a onerous workaround.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    snoopgoat, I just gave you a 5-star rating to help counter the low ratings you got. You deserve the positive feedback.
    Sweet!! Thanks.
    For the others in this forum, if you haven't rated the app in the catalog yet, please take a min to give it your 5-star review . Remember, that the rating in the catalog is not for reporting issues or complaints (since devs can't contact reviewers). If you have a specific problem, you should email me directly, so I can assist you in resolving it. I may be slow to respond to you (since I get tons of emails), but Ill get back to you definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjammin View Post
    Great app, but its never imported or exported to google for me. Not once. Dr.'ed my Pre last night for fits and shiggles, installed everything new, figured i would try the syncing again but it still isnt working. Took off the "New Features" on Google Docs, but still no go. Oh well. Still decent.
    You sound like you've settled for it not working. You shouldn't, because it works flawlessly for thousands of other users.
    Have you emailed me, to see if I can diagnose the issue?
    Also, does your google id or username contain any special characters? Someone reported having an issue with this, and I could have sworn I fixed it.
    @benjammin

Talk to snoop, I had never used google docs before, first thing I did was fire up notes, setup with my gmail info, do a test note, close app and it worked flawlessly.... did this on both mine and my wifes phone. So it should work with a lil trouble shooting.
  11. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Just got this - awesome! 5 star rating coming up ;-)
    I just added my review of the app. I've been using the Memos and Tasks apps to keep track of my receipts and jot down notes, but now I'm using this app which is much better. Thanks a lot for the great app!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Thanks for the app. Just left a 5-star review. I think it's great.
    I am looking specifically for an App that will alphabetize my list within a note. Does this App do that? If not, would anyone be able to tell me one that does? Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    1)
    3) Concerning sorting. It's a very tricky one. You cannot have drag-n-drop as well as sorting alphabetically. It's one or the other. In fliq notes, there's no drag-n-drop. But I'm thinking of how to improve the sorting functionality of the app, while maintaining a very simple UI. That's the challenge!
    you could make "drag n drop" it's own sorting option in a preferences menu. So you'd have alpha, date, and drag n drop (or custom) sorting options. Everyone would be happy, no conflicts
    By the way, Who wants a flickr app? Vote here: Who wants a flickr app?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Looks very good so far. I'm using gSyncIt to sync my Outlook Notes with Google Docs, and now this Notes app to sync with Google Docs. So I now have true full cloud back-and-forth between Outlook and my Pre, which I did not have with Evernote (and I did not like Evernote's Pre app). Wish list:

1) I've read others' comments about alphabetical sorting, and concur. I did try this version's drag-and-drop, which would give greater flexibility than mere alphabetical sorting, but my notes reverted back to their original sorting after I did so.

2) Ability to sync to multiple, specified Google Docs folders which correspond to their respective Notes filter categories (e.g., notes categorized in Google Docs folders named Business, Personal, Private, etc.).

3) No truncation on the note titles (permit titles longer than 23 characters).

It would be great if Virtual Keyboard worked in Notes, too. Overall, very nice work so far, and thanks!

UPDATE: drag-and-drop sorting does work, but you must be in the "All" view - it didn't work when I first tried it because I had it filtered to a single category ("Personal") and the app does not appear to permit such sorting from a filtered view.
    Last edited by VTP; 07/17/2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Update to comments
  18. VTP
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    OK, quick question for you other users of this app. I just deleted 3 notes from Google Docs - what is the procedure now for having this Notes app sync / update itself to correspondingly remove them now from my Pre as well? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I don't think deletions are sync'd either way. This would be a nice feature though for future versions.
  20. VTP
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Sooooo.....if I update a note on my Pre, or while logged in to Google Docs......they don't update one another? I guess I mistakenly thought that Notes could actually "sync" with Google Docs.

What then is the solution? If changed in the Notes app, must I manually delete the version in Google Docs and then export the revised note from Notes? Or the converse, if I change the note from within Google Docs, must I delete the original in Notes and then import the revised reversion to my Pre? Thanks for your advice.

(Can Palm not simply make the Pre's native Memos app sync with Google Docs?)
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast