Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I just downloaded this since it was 50% off, so far I'm really digging it!
    I just got mine on sale! Excellent App.

My FRs are:
    1. optional encryption to go with the pin
    2. I too would love USCL for both creating a note and searching for one
    3. undo

I noticed that when the google doc has rich text (hyperlinks, tables, multiple fonts, etc) it appears correctly in the note. Very nice!
    Anyone else having issues with Google notes import?

Google notes export works fine but import hangs and never completes.
    I love the google docs exporting, but having trouble with google docs importing. The google doc files show up but when I click on import, it seems like Notes get stuck importing a small doc file...What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    I love the google docs exporting, but having trouble with google docs importing. The google doc files show up but when I click on import, it seems like Notes get stuck importing a small doc file...What am I doing wrong?
    I have one file that won't import and it's one I created on Google Docs to test the importing.

From what I can tell, there are two different types of documents on Google Docs. The one that won't import, when you open it, it looks suspiciously like a Microsoft Word document (you know, it's zoomed out enough to where I see the page outline). The ones that do import, they look like a blank sheet (zoomed in so you can't see the page outline). I don't know how to switch between these styles on Google Docs, but that may be the issue. Try email ingloriousapps about it or tweet him on Twitter.

ETA: Okay, Google updated their Google Docs to look more like Microsoft Word (you may notice a NEW FEATURES! link in red at the top of your Google Docs). If you have the "Create documents using the latest version of the text editor" option enabled under Document Settings > Editing, it will use this new formatting and the document won't import to Notes. If you disable it, the document will. You can tell if the document you're working on is using the new text editor because at the top right there will be a red NEW VERSION link. So it sounds like the app needs to be changed to take advantage of the newest editor.
    Last edited by malpha; 06/23/2010 at 09:22 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    so I just downloaded this today and painstakingly individually emailed every single of my 300 memos from Classicnote to my email account and converted them all to google doc files so that they can be imported into the new Notes program.

To my disappointment, the "Notes" program only recognizes the first 100 files on google docs to import and only allows me to have 100 memos total. Thats a bummer, seeing that my original palm memo app allows unlimited memos.

Also, it says "BETA" on the top right even though I paid for this app. Whats the deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I have one file that won't import and it's one I created on Google Docs to test the importing.

From what I can tell, there are two different types of documents on Google Docs. The one that won't import, when you open it, it looks suspiciously like a Microsoft Word document (you know, it's zoomed out enough to where I see the page outline). The ones that do import, they look like a blank sheet (zoomed in so you can't see the page outline). I don't know how to switch between these styles on Google Docs, but that may be the issue. Try email ingloriousapps about it or tweet him on Twitter.

ETA: Okay, Google updated their Google Docs to look more like Microsoft Word (you may notice a NEW FEATURES! link in red at the top of your Google Docs). If you have the "Create documents using the latest version of the text editor" option enabled under Document Settings > Editing, it will use this new formatting and the document won't import to Notes. If you disable it, the document will. You can tell if the document you're working on is using the new text editor because at the top right there will be a red NEW VERSION link. So it sounds like the app needs to be changed to take advantage of the newest editor.
    Oh wow, I wasn't aware of this. I've been receiving emails all week from people complaining about google import issues (and I can't seem to re-produce this). I'll look investigate this issue further. Thanks alot screwdestiny And I'll shoot out an update as soon as I resolve this.

Truth is, I initially didn't want to get involved with google apis, because of their unpredictability (or maybe I'm not smart enough). I was under a lot of pressure from users to add some sort off backup, so I caved in and updated the app with google docs. Now, with all this mini-complaints (and possible future complaints), I'm tempted to just scrap out google docs and maybe refund everyone who purchased the app because of google docs... but I'll keep trying my best to work on fixes though..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    so I just downloaded this today and painstakingly individually emailed every single of my 300 memos from Classicnote to my email account and converted them all to google doc files so that they can be imported into the new Notes program.

To my disappointment, the "Notes" program only recognizes the first 100 files on google docs to import and only allows me to have 100 memos total. Thats a bummer, seeing that my original palm memo app allows unlimited memos.

Also, it says "BETA" on the top right even though I paid for this app. Whats the deal?
    I wasn't aware of any note limitation (I guess I didn't test it fully, since I'm not a heavy note taker). But I'm currently investigating this, and I'll let you know when I have a fix. It says 'beta' because google apis are sometimes unpredictable (plus I plan to tweak it further). FYI, webOS is still in beta (IMO), they're just not saying it
    malpha,

Thanks for the tip! Figures Google Docs would change their file format. No problem, will change to older format...

snoopgoat,

We love your app. Please keep up the great work!! Don't give up!!

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post

Please keep the Google doc import/export features. We love your Notes app and keep up the great work!! Thanks for great app!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Oh wow, I wasn't aware of this. I've been receiving emails all week from people complaining about google import issues (and I can't seem to re-produce this). I'll look investigate this issue further. Thanks alot screwdestiny And I'll shoot out an update as soon as I resolve this.

Truth is, I initially didn't want to get involved with google apis, because of their unpredictability (or maybe I'm not smart enough). I was under a lot of pressure from users to add some sort off backup, so I caved in and updated the app with google docs. Now, with all this mini-complaints (and possible future complaints), I'm tempted to just scrap out google docs and maybe refund everyone who purchased the app because of google docs... but I'll keep trying my best to work on fixes though..
    Please keep the Google doc import/export features. We love your Notes app and keep up the great work!! Thanks for great app!
    +1
    I specifically bought Notes for the Google Docs compatibility/backup, so REALLY hope you'll update it to KEEP it working. If there is indeed a limitation with the max number of notes that needs to be addressed too. I'm in the process of converting 650+ Memo's (accumulated since my old Palm Pilot days) to Notes/Google Docs.
    Quote Originally Posted by samarah View Post
    +1
    +1 The main reason I bought your Notes app is the ability to import/export to Google Docs.
    man, honestly, I'd rather have your notes app with the google docs import/export functionality than have my money back. The price you've asked to pay is nothing compared to this functionality. Keep it going because its the only app that does this and, for me, it works perfectly. You can still use google docs in the "old" way if you click create document, if you use "new document" then it tries to open it in the new format (with the rulers, etc).

Theres a setting in "labs" that allows you to change a setting that is usually hidden/disabled by default so that you can convert emails into google doc files instantly by clicking a button. These files import/export effortlessly...except for the 100 document limiter. I have worked around it by "trashing" the first 100, so the program sees the next 100 in line, I imported those, and continued until all my notes imported.

Only problem now is that my list is WAY out of alphabetical order. Any way for me to sort the list alphabetically?

Thanks again for the only capable notes app (Classicnote is close, but no backup, which is insanely important). I basically access my notes several times daily, I use it more than my phone functionality.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Let me reinforce what others have said. You have created a wonderful app. I got it also so that it would have a cloud sync. My work uses a self-signed signature on our exchange account, so I will never be able to sync to my tasks, notes, calendar, or email. Your app ihelps me so much on the note syncing to google docs. It's such a smooth and non-cluttered interface. I love it. Thanks so much for the hard work. If you decide to ditch google, please seek another free cloud sync service. I extend to you my highest regards.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    the latest update removed the sorting options you previously added; I can no longer choose to sort by alphabet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahogue82 View Post
    the latest update removed the sorting options you previously added; I can no longer choose to sort by alphabet.
    Yes. After adding the ability to drag-n-drop notes to reorder, the sorting was kinda conflicting (Its hard to explain, but think about it). So I decided to take it out for the meantime (while I think of a more brilliant way to implement it)

For those having issues importing notes from gdocs, see my post here: Trouble Importing Notes from Google Docs - IngloriousApps's Blog (thanks for the tip 'malpha' )
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Yes. After adding the ability to drag-n-drop notes to reorder, the sorting was kinda conflicting (Its hard to explain, but think about it). So I decided to take it out for the meantime (while I think of a more brilliant way to implement it)

For those having issues importing notes from gdocs, see my post here: Trouble Importing Notes from Google Docs - IngloriousApps's Blog (thanks for the tip 'malpha' )
    Nicely done, and glad I had read Malpha's post before I started playing with Notes last night on the wifes phone.

One more piece of info, and I am not sure why..... Neither the wife nor I had ever used google docs before. I downloaded notes yesterday and did a quick note, it auto synced with google and was in the "old" format. When I did the wifes phone last night for the first time after installing notes, it uploaded in the new format (and then would not sync to mine). She was laughing at me when it wasn't working at first until I logged back into G Docs and realized it had the more complex formatting. So just a heads up, it seams google has a mind of it's own (or it has to do with something else completely different in google/gmail).
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Wonderful app. Recently posted a review in the App Cat. The ability to import/export to Google Docs is, in my mind, this app's greatest feature.

I have two suggestions for future development:

(1) Add the ability to choose a default ringtone for reminders. Not sure why "flurry" is your default but the user should be able to change this in prefs.
    (2) Add a reminder icon next to the attachment icon for new notes. One less tap to get things done.
    (3) Add the ability to lock individual notes rather than the entire app.

Kudos on a great app!!!
    Snoopgoat, just some thoughts suggestions. (I posted this in PreCentral's review comment section as well)...

1) Google Docs integratation is priceless!!! Please keep this no matter how clunky it is. Functionality works well enough. Yes, it uploads all notes in one shot, but I'm ok with that because I just want a backup. You can import notes one by one. What's really nice, is that it automatically uploads new notes once you close the app, so you don't have to remember to upload periodically. Nice!

2) Preview shots in app catalog are a little misleading. One pic shows notes with bullets, but there doesn't appear to be a way create them from the app? Though you can see them if the doc is created in Google Doc, then imported. This would be great to have.

3) Regarding the alpha sorting, yeah, that would be great to have back. That's a basic function in my mind, but I can deal with it. Even better would be to have an option to sort by category, then alphabetically. Fliq Notes has a great organization scheme where you can expand and collapse the categories, if you could copy that... ;-).

4) Would be nice to edit the category colors.

Otherwise, great app.
    Thanks!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast