Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I want to make an app that basically uses a websites search engine then gives results. How difficult is this to make?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    bump
    Have you tried Ares?
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    No, but I will. I downloaded the SDK but couldn't get it to run.

I was wondering about the legality of what my app would be. Whether I would need permission or something.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I tried to sign up to use Aries, but Palm wants all sorts of company info. It's just me, no company.. Do I just make some stuff up?

I just want to try to make an app...
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I tried to sign up to use Aries, but Palm wants all sorts of company info. It's just me, no company.. Do I just make some stuff up?

I just want to try to make an app...
    Use your own name, address ,etc..
    Later once you are good enough to sell stuff, you can submit to the app catalog. They will then ask for your tax id info, use your ss#. Pretty painless.

Pretty sure you still need to have the sdk installed before you can use Ares.
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    No, but I will. I downloaded the SDK but couldn't get it to run.

I was wondering about the legality of what my app would be. Whether I would need permission or something.
    You have not mentioned anything illegal so far. But get a lawyer if you have any doubts...
    is it easy to make apps or do u have to know how to write code???
    Quote Originally Posted by calgemini View Post
    is it easy to make apps or do u have to know how to write code???
    It depends on the app.

I do not know how to write code but was able to make a couple of simple apps using Ares.

When I don't know something, I look it up, and when that fails, I ask someone here or at Palm.

Example here.