1.    #1  
    I just saw ClouDocs in the App Catalog for Google Documents.
    Looks interesting, anyone tried it yet?
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    looks intereting too! Anyone yey?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Someone please give a review.
    Just downloaded. Very basic you can create a new document and edit one. Can't edit spreadsheets yet. Just sent a request to the developer for the features I think would replace docs to go. It has potential. I look forward to the updates.
    I assume that it's the paid version of Scratch - very neat Google Docs app. Since my school district uses Google Docs exclusively, it's very handy!
    It looks like a Scratch rip off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I assume that it's the paid version of Scratch - very neat Google Docs app. Since my school district uses Google Docs exclusively, it's very handy!
    I don't get what you mean by this? Are you referring to Scratch, the $5 word processing app in the App Catalog?
    two seperate apps. both are paid apps.
    Oh, the pics looked so much alike, I assumed it was a renamed Scratch.
    It doesn't seem like v1.0 is working very well. When I first installed it, I wasn't able to open any Documents, but was able to open a couple Spreadsheets. Since then, I haven't been able to open anything else. Just get the continuous loading circle. Someone left a review in the App Catalog stating this exact problem. Just submitted a help ticket.
    Ditto for me. This app is not up to Scratch's level yet.

BLiip
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the responses. I think I'll hold off for now.
    I hadn't noticed Scratch also integrates with Google Docs. Might give that a try.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I've been going back and forth with the developer about a couple issues. He's been VERY responsive.
    When I open it, I can only see the 3-4 documents I've edited in the last month. If I edit an old one, it will then show up in the list. He's looking into that problem.

I also had a problem where the program seemed to hang when you click "+" to create a new document. Turns out you have to click which account you want to save it to. I only have one, so it didn't occur to me to click my email address until he told me.

Otherwise, it syncs really well and it's nice to be able to access and edit Google dics on the fly
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    I bought it and gave it a try. It has potential.

However the big question I have is, how can I upload a document to Google Docs that I already have on my Pre?

Can Scratch do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

However the big question I have is, how can I upload a document to Google Docs that I already have on my Pre?

Can Scratch do it?
    You ever get an answer to this, and/or figure it out?

Can Scratch do it?
    If you're talking about uploading local .doc files from your phone to Google docs, I'm pretty sure it can't. It can only play with html files.
    By the way, have you tried Notes?

Just downloaded Notes, gotta say I freakin LOVE it. I have only played with it for a second, but for what I want the function for it is awesome. If I had more money to blow I would probably get scratch too. For my needs Notes looks to be the app.... I will further expand on this in the thread I started about all 3 apps.
    Can Scratch do it?
    Not yet -- but most of the Google API looks like it's there. Re-writing the main screen for Scratch is on my to-do list, and having a local copy (upload or download) is something I want to get working.

Hmm.... http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...talog/cloudocs

ClouDocs looks like a neat little program. I don't think it's $3 neat, but it's got a clever way to view documents -- just download them and use the built-in document viewers. I wish I'd thought of that sooner.

If all you want is to view Google Docs, ClouDocs will fit the bill. If you want to actually write something, use Scratch. And if you want a glorified Memos app -- which an awful lot of people do, btw -- go for Notes.

If you want to try Scratch... check back here in a few hours.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    planesdragon thanks for that breakdown. Will scratch be able to edit spreadsheets?