Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    for the last four months I've had original Facebook.com, than included chat and the rest. tonight I was brought to the app version. I deleted friendsbook and the Facebook app off my phone. I deleted the bookmark I was using as well. I restarted my phone and when I went to Facebook.com I was redirected to the app version. How do I get my Facebook.com right???
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/22/2010 at 02:26 PM.
    make sure u have the http://www. part for the address or else it defaults to the mobile version of the site. thats how i have mine setup anyway
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    it still went to the mobile version...
    search it on google and go through the google link. If it still takes you to the mobile site, then its probably because you have User agent instead (iPhone Spoof?)
    same issue here. I used to be able to type in Welcome to Facebook | Facebook and it would take me to the full site. Tried it this morning and no matter what I tried, I was defaulted to the 'touch' version of the site which is a joke. My wifes android phone does the same thing, but at the bottom of the page, she could click on 'full site.' we do not have that option on our palm pre's. arrrg.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
    same issue here. I used to be able to type in [url= to Facebook | Facebook[/url] and it would take me to the full site. Tried it this morning and no matter what I tried, I was defaulted to the 'touch' version of the site which is a joke. My wifes android phone does the same thing, but at the bottom of the page, she could click on 'full site.' we do not have that option on our palm pre's. arrrg.
    try m.facebook.com

It's just like the regular site but it fits your screen.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Yeah, this is angering me to no end. Stupid redirects. I can get to my profile page on the full site, but anytime I go to the main page to view my feeds it sends me to the crappy, limited version. Shame on FB!
    sligtly better, but it still looks like a dumbed down version. anybody able to figure out a way to actually hit the full site?
    try this Login | Facebook
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    try this [url= | Facebook[/url]
    we have a winner! Muchas gracias.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I updated my bookmark to that address and it worked! (at least for now until FB figures out how to redirect us again.

I prefer using the full webpage when on my mobile phone.
    m.facebook.com is exactly the same as the full webpage version. It's just smaller. I hate the facebook touch site, but the mobile site is a winner.
    Hello Forum!
    Thank You in advance for any advice.

I use my Palm Pre to access the internet. I find the preloaded Facebook "lite" pretty worthless, so I have been using the browser to access the main site. That was working fine until last night when it started sending me to the "lite" site.

I restarted the phone, no good.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Any advice?

Is it me? Facebook? The phone? The moon? The stars?

Mark B.
    Same thing happened to me. Use this link to get to the full site:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    But how do you get FB on the Pre to automatically go to the regular home site from another page? I have my profile page bookmarked, but if I want to check the home page, FB directs me to the lite page. I've logged off, then in again, but it didn't fix it. I also restarted the Pre; still didn't change it back.

This just started this AM.
    Make sure the address for the bookmark is http:// www. facebook .com / home.php

(take out the spaces, I did it that way so it actually displays the address)
    I tried resetting my bookmark with the address, but FB then requests me to re-enter my password. I do, then it redirects me to the Lite login page.

GRRRRRRR
    Thanks for the help!

That did the trick, but it just gets me to the main site. Inevitably, when I navigate around, I get sent to "lite".

I wonder why these things just happen out of the blue.

Still, better than nothing. Much appreciated!

Mark B.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    m.facebook.com is not the same. It's crappy. It doesn't display user thumb photos, no chat, and it looks awful. What's the purpose of having a smartphone that can access the "real" internet if ur redirected to crappy mobile sites?...the real one is working fine for me using the link a few guys have posted. Only prob is my news feed won't update to "most recent" for some reason.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast