Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "By default, Facebook will redirect Palm webOS browsers to the mobile site. To view the full site just visit facebook.com/home.php."

this is what Palm said in Facebook.
    I hate the mobile version. I was also frustrated getting redirected to the bull**** mobile version. Thank you for the great tips!

Haha - worked great until you exit and try to go to through the bookmark, then it's the mobile bull**** all over again! Screw it, I'll just check on my computer at home.

Say... is there a patch for this?
    Last edited by Jon no h; 05/25/2010 at 09:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    facebook.com/home.php fixed the problem thanks all of you
    any facebook mobile app is ok for a quick status update or to check on your friends, or add someone. I prefer though the http site ( have it bookmarked on my phone) when im out and about so i can chat with some buddies, catch up, etc
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    i agree with tiger the app is a quick fix but the full site can take some time but i use both
    man you guys are facebook addicts....oh wait i got a message pop......oh nevermind

ok...i use the mobile site as well as the client for on the run notifications....if one burps the other usually can hear it

as for the full site on the pre...i use it only for poking
    I use the web version because I do not like all of my FB friends being added into my contact list.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    for goodness sake, the same link to get the full version of FB is in at least 11 different posts in this thread, if ppl would just read the whole thread instead of just asking the same question over again, it sure would help threads from getting clogged up

just sayin'
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I was thinking the same thing! Read the thread people! Haha
    sheesh lol thank you tsum..
    The OP wasn't about how to get to the full site anyway, lol what short attention spans we have here.. it was a question about whether you use Palm's app or the web site.. Focus people focus!

My answer is I use the Palm app in conjunction with my email for most functions.. the only time i use the regular site on my phone is when I have a friend request.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Its all pretty worthless. I use my e-mail for posting or replying, more than the web page or app. I mainly just look at friends posting in the app. We need a better app. All the developers gave up because Palm released their own app. You cant tell me someone couldnt do a better job.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    I use the web version because I do not like all of my FB friends being added into my contact list.
    You know you can delete the facebook account in Contacts and continue to use the app just fine, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    The fb app has nothing to do with adding your fb friends to your contact list.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I started a similar thread about this yesterday. You can get to the FB full site and do some status updating, link uploading, but if you try to select on any of the links, such as Live feed, messages, events, it never loads. That is FB putting the Kaibasch (sp?) on the rendering of the full site to our cells. Guess we are out of luck to do some of those more advanced moves from the Pre now....which is really a bummer cuz I was really into the fact that you could access the unabridged version....not something available to most mobile devices!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    sheesh lol thank you tsum..
    The OP wasn't about how to get to the full site anyway, lol what short attention spans we have here.. it was a question about whether you use Palm's app or the web site.. Focus people focus!

My answer is I use the Palm app in conjunction with my email for most functions.. the only time i use the regular site on my phone is when I have a friend request.
    The original post says "How do I get my Facebook.com right?" The question was answered, but then people decided to start justifying why they do or don't need the full site. So drink your own koolaid dood, cuz apparently you don't have that long of an attention span. It is a recent problem, which may be permanent, so that it doesn't matter if you type the correct address in or have a page saved to the launcher, its not a functioning site.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    oh my god, this thread is like groundhog day!!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The full version, as far as I can tell, is the only one that will let me fully remove events from my calendar. Otherwise, I tend to use the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    for goodness sake, the same link to get the full version of FB is in at least 11 different posts in this thread, if ppl would just read the whole thread instead of just asking the same question over again, it sure would help threads from getting clogged up

just sayin'
    A few other threads asking how to get to the full FB site were merged with this one. That's why this thread is a mess
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    A few other threads asking how to get to the full FB site were merged with this one. That's why this thread is a mess
    i dont know if that makes it better or worse
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    i dont know if that makes it better or worse
    Definitely makes for interesting reading
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast