1.    #1  
    So i finally got around to messing with the free version before i buy the full version, and it doesnt even work a little bit. I can connect to my computer and see it in the list, but none I mean NONE of the playlists show up i cant change anything, and when my phone screen shuts off it backs me out to the main menu and i cant reconnect with my pc unless i close both the app and VLC on my computer.

Is there something I am missing or am I just screwed. Would like to get this working because I have an actual use for it, but as it stands now its totally worthless...
    Hi,

sounds like two problems here
    1) not seeing playlists
    2) getting locked out

both confuse me, so let's start with 1
    what do you mean by not seeing playlists? What exactly are you expecting, and what do you see (screenshots are golden!).

Can you do controls like volume, play/pause?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  3.    #3  
    It just says playlist is empty, even though I have a cd in my playlist currently playing, and I can usually execute one command before nothing works like i was able to crank the volume, but immediately after that nothing worked. As soon as i start the app on my phone it pulls the current song time but thats the extent of the info
    Cool! I just download the free version and set it up to work with VLC on Ubuntu. Pretty easy and it works well. One thing to keep in mind is that VLC needs to be playing something for the free remote to control it.
    Sorry, I didn't refresh this before I added that last post. (Maybe it will help someone else.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerzz View Post
    It just says playlist is empty, even though I have a cd in my playlist currently playing, and I can usually execute one command before nothing works like i was able to crank the volume, but immediately after that nothing worked. As soon as i start the app on my phone it pulls the current song time but thats the extent of the info
    this sounds like some kind of weird network issue.

couple of things to try
    1) Are you running the latest VLC version?
    2) What happens if you connect directly to the web version
    2a)try http://localhost:8080 in the browser on your computer (not your pre) - does it work?
    2b) try http://<computers ip address>:8080 from the browser on your pre - does it work?

have you experimented with turning off the firewall on your computer _and_ your router? -You might want to disconnect your router from the internet while you do this, but it'll let you check if they are triggering the problem.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 05/23/2010 at 08:40 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
  7.    #7  
    It seems to work some of the time and has the same issues that the phone app does. I guess my next step is the firewall attempt. Also for the ip of the computer is that my local network address or WAN IP?(i.e. the one i get from whatismyip.com)?
    sorry about the delay posting - my thread notification didn't work for some reason.

not sure what you mean by 'the same issues that the phone app does'

one thing to check is that you really are connected to the right wifi network. One possible reason for intermittent problems would be if you were sometimes connected, and sometimes accidentally connecting to your neighbours wifi (or similar)

re IP - that is shown in the setup helper on the advanced page. It'll be the local network address.
    Hobbyist Software