1.    #1  
    I am looking for an app the uses the LED as your flashlight. I am new to palm and don't kbow if one is already in the app store. Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by philbert81 View Post
    I am looking for an app the uses the LED as your flashlight. I am new to palm and don't kbow if one is already in the app store. Thanx
    Only flashlight apps in the App Catalog are ones that turn your screen white.

The only way to use LED flashlight apps is via homebrew. I recommend LED Torch, does exactly what you're looking for. It uses my custom SysToolsMgr service for custom API.

Alternatively, I've created several Flashlight toggle patches for the device menu.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    myFlashlight by PreGame is the one I use, it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    myFlashlight by PreGame is the one I use, it works great.
    for what it's worth, LED Torch has adjustable brightness strength and strobe option
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    for what it's worth, LED Torch has adjustable brightness strength and strobe option
    Oh.. I never knew that. Uninstalling myFlashlight and onstalling LED Torch! Thank you Jason

BTW, does anything special happen when you get 'Thanked' a total of 10,000 times? i see that you are close
    I had been going to suggest LEDTorch, as well, but have been beaten to the punch. Don't forget about the patch that puts it in your system menu.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  7.    #7  
    thanx for the help. I will heck out LEDtorch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Only flashlight apps in the App Catalog are ones that turn your screen white.

The only way to use LED flashlight apps is via homebrew. I recommend LED Torch, does exactly what you're looking for. It uses my custom SysToolsMgr service for custom API.

Alternatively, I've created several Flashlight toggle patches for the device menu.
    Jason, do your flashlight toggle patches require the LED torch app, or do the patches function independently of it? Great LED flashlight app, btw. I particularly like the light intensity adjustment. Perfect thing to use to read the menu in a dimly lit romantic restaurant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I had been going to suggest LEDTorch, as well, but have been beaten to the punch. Don't forget about the patch that puts it in your system menu.
    which patch are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyslim View Post
    which patch are you referring to?
    Flashlight in Device Menu also by Jason. He has several different device menu patches, most of which contain a Flashlight toggle.

Flashlight in Device Menu also by Jason. He has several different device menu patches, most of which contain a Flashlight toggle.
    Oh, okay. I have that one already. I thought there was a patch that put LED Torch in the top bar menu, so I would be able to adjust the brightness level, but I guess not. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyslim View Post
    Oh, okay. I have that one already. I thought there was a patch that put LED Torch in the top bar menu, so I would be able to adjust the brightness level, but I guess not. Thanks!
    Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion...

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion...
    No worries
    Yes, for example the Device Menu Megamix, it comes in very handy sometimes.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation