Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm kinda bummed after downloading the transformers turn based strategy game that keith recommended in the palmcast on tuesday. I only paid .99 so it's not that big a deal but I was hoping for a fun game to play. It's just not really that good, maybe it's cause I never cared for the transformers franchise, or maybe it's just a subpar game. I dunno, anyone else share the same sentiment?
    Maybe it's because it's a turn-based RPG? For some, that makes the game play not very enjoyable.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Maybe it's because it's a turn-based RPG? For some, that makes the game play not very enjoyable.
    +1

I paid the .99 as well, no big deal. Kind of reminded me of the old NES Zelda days.

I like some of the other Glu games I have picked up for .99 though. So it all comes out in the wash I suppose.
    I like it, it is for 99Cent nice enough, I would not pay more tough
    I've downloaded this in the sale as well,
    and i have to agree the game is a bit naff,
    i don't think i'd be to happy to pay full price for it,
    if i need space it's one game i'll be more than happy to delete
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I'm kinda bummed after downloading the transformers turn based strategy game that keith recommended in the palmcast on tuesday. I only paid .99 so it's not that big a deal but I was hoping for a fun game to play. It's just not really that good, maybe it's cause I never cared for the transformers franchise, or maybe it's just a subpar game. I dunno, anyone else share the same sentiment?
    Maybe you need to play it while you are on the treadmill as Keith did? Perhaps, then you may like it better...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    I enjoy a good turn based rpg. Hence why I bought it in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    Maybe you need to play it while you are on the treadmill as Keith did? Perhaps, then you may like it better...
    I can't imagine playing it on a treadmill. Part of why it's no fun is because of how hard it is to tap the spot you want your unit to move to. I think this would be even more of an issue while tryin to run.

I'm not trying to bash the game, it just had little replayability for me personally. It was one of those games you open once and try out and don't ever play it again.
    i think RPGs are more prone than any other genre to get mixed reviews. Even if there is a lot to like (deep strategy, nice graphics), its really easy to mess something up (cumbersome controls). I watched a couples review on youtube and decided that this wasn't a game for me.
    I love it! Although it is the only App that has ever forced close when it crashes, without warning too.... Whats up with that optimus prime?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I enjoy the game for what it is and how much i paid for it.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    its an ok game, I just cant get past level 6, i cant figure out what to do. Lol its probably something really simple and im just being a moron lol
    Hate it. Paid the buck and then deleted after trying it for 20 minutes. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardschris View Post
    its an ok game, I just cant get past level 6, i cant figure out what to do. Lol its probably something really simple and im just being a moron lol
    Which is level 6? I'm currently on like 9ish

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    its the one with soundwave and trypticon, it talks about destroying some space bridge but i cant figure out how.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardschris View Post
    its the one with soundwave and trypticon, it talks about destroying some space bridge but i cant figure out how.
    You can't actually destroy the space bridge. You have to defeat the guys on the map. I did this by luring them down to the lower left hand corner so that they could not get guys adjacent to me had sideswipe summoned (he can attack distance. got one of the tapes from soundwave to stand in front of me since they move fast and had rachet stand behind Sideswipe healing ever round.

sent opitmus and bumblebee to capture the energy grid.. never attack tripticon head on. attack him from a distance and you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    +1

I paid the .99 as well, no big deal. Kind of reminded me of the old NES Zelda days.

I like some of the other Glu games I have picked up for .99 though. So it all comes out in the wash I suppose.
    How the hell does this game remind you of Zelda?

It's completely different to anything Zelda ever did. It's more like Advance wars.

Some people just don't "get" this game. It's not subpar, it's just not for you. I personally love it and play it more than some of the more prettier games.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    It's a decent game. Very suited for mobile phones since it's easily set aside and picked back up. For those having problems clicking, try zooming in first (pinch style).

I never play games just to play games using my phone so deep gameplay and complicated storylines are unimportant in a mobile phone game (to me). Take "The Settlers" for example, it's a good game, has good gameplay, good graphics, but is overly complicated. If you stop playing it for a month, you lose any skill or knowledge of how to play and need to redo the tutorial. By the time I get through the tutorial I'm done waiting in line or whatever I was doing and don't pick the game up again for another month.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    How the hell does this game remind you of Zelda?

It's completely different to anything Zelda ever did. It's more like Advance wars.

Some people just don't "get" this game. It's not subpar, it's just not for you. I personally love it and play it more than some of the more prettier games.

Get emontional much?

It was just the general look and feel of the map, the movement of the characters etc.

I didn't say it was subpar. I agreed with clay because it is an RPG and I'm not an RPG fan. No big deal really.

But I am glad you find enjoyment with it and equally glad that my .99 will help them to develop more games that you might enjoy.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    im yet to play it, it closes after about 30 seconds every time no matter what I do, restarts, clear the garbage. nothing :/
    I like it. The turn based game-play is great for when you want to play a game but yet not necessarily give it 100% of your attention. Maybe, you're watching TV, on the treadmill, or driving? lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast