Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Howdy,

Mike from Gadgetsteria.com here. Just received an AT&T Palm Pre for review and said my hellos in the general chat forum. Now I'm asking you guys for "the" must have apps for the Pre. Anything and everything goes.

You've got a favorite app, I'll have it downloading in seconds. Let me know either here or tweet me -- @gadgetsteria
    Preware
    Pandora
    Diggloo
    Internalz
    MyTether
    Engadget
    The Weather Channel
    aniWeather
    Facebook

Those are my current "must have" apps.

--edit-
    Forgot one...
    VisualBoyAdvance
    Mapping Tool
    AccuWeather
    FlightView
    Pandora
    NHL Scores
    YPmobile
    Fandango
    Engadget

..but the best "app" is a shortcut to P|C
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 05/19/2010 at 10:18 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Also if you care at all for gaming you should definitely pick up Gameloft's NOVA it is a nice fps with on line multiplayer
    Agenda
    drPodder
    Engadget
    Facebook
    gpsDashboard
    Internalz
    Mobile Hotspot
    MyQ for Netflix
    Photo effects +
    Preware
    Radiotime
    Save/Restore
    Terminal
    Twee
    WeatherBug
    YouView
    zcorder

just to name a few...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    "I Love Homebrew" app (new) is a nice one as it contains info on learning how to install homebrew apps and patches. If you download before June 30, it might also win one of the Palm prizes and prize would go to homebrew devs
    remember to get the precentral app, and ilovehomebrew app, too.
    Palm Hot Apps

Check out the top ranked list.
    My essential list:

Preware (#1 by a country mile)
    SprintNav
    GeoStrings
    Pandora
    FlightView
    MileageMonitor
    Agenda
    Flash Cards
    LA Times
    YPmobile

I'll throw in some good words for ILoveHomebrew too. The dev plans on sharing any Hot Apps Contest money with the homebrew developer community. It's free and worth a d/l to move it closer to it's noble goal.
    pReader
    either weathericon or weather dashboard
    Fandango
    Laissez Faire
    Preware
    Preset Reset
    Checkbook
    FillUps
    Agenda
    TrackMyWork
    drPodder
    engadget
    eBooks by Kobo
    Zilch
    Free Klondike Solitaire
    Brightness Unlinked
    JSTop
    Internalz
    Save/Restore
    Terminal
    Govnah
    Uber-Kernel

This is in no particular order and is by no means a comprehensive list of my apps. Just the stuff I use on an every day or every couple of days basis.

I totally forgot the first homebrew I ever added, mostly 'cause I use it constantly and in place of the native app:

Music Player (Remix)
    Last edited by Blaize; 05/19/2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Left an important one off
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    The above, plus:

WxRad
    Slacker
    Radio Time
    Quick System Tasks
    Express News
    Express Stocks
    Chain Reaction (by Alex Haefner)
    Preware (all the homebrew goodness, mmmm....)

Official App Catalog:
    drPodder
    Newsweek
    AccuWeather
    AccuRadio
    OpenTable
    Comics
    Apps to show off the Pre's ability;
    WebosQI, Preware and the Homebrew apps/patches

To get a good feel of the Pre you MUST download NFS (Need for speed) from the App Cat.
    There are many others but this one will give you a good idea of the phones integration with constant user input.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Don't forget the "app" that so many users don't know how to use: universal search!

Not yet mentioned:

Weatherbug
    Awake2music
    Bustracker

Being able to use googletalk without paying for an app like my girlfriend had to do on her iphone.
    I agree on Pandora. I just got an insurance replacement and only some of my apps were reloaded. I'm trying to reload Pandora, but the developer.palm.com/apprediredirect... links all tell me that they, including pandora, 'cannot run on your current operating system. Use the updates app to install the system update..." I'm running WebOs 1.4.1.1, so this message makes no sense to me. Thoughts?

Also, I had a great little game app, "Let's Golf" that cost me $5. It didn't reload also. Thoughts on how I get that back without paying another $5?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjacobson55 View Post
    I agree on Pandora. I just got an insurance replacement and only some of my apps were reloaded. I'm trying to reload Pandora, but the developer.palm.com/apprediredirect... links all tell me that they, including pandora, 'cannot run on your current operating system. Use the updates app to install the system update..." I'm running WebOs 1.4.1.1, so this message makes no sense to me. Thoughts?

Also, I had a great little game app, "Let's Golf" that cost me $5. It didn't reload also. Thoughts on how I get that back without paying another $5?
    For the Pandora issue, you might try using WebOS Doctor. Since you already have the latest version of WebOS, there should be no reason that it won't install.

For the Let's Golf issue: Go into the App Catalog. Click the little Shopping Bag icon on the bottom right of the screen. Is it listed in there?
    My favorite that integrate / show off webOS: GeoStrings, Weathericon, Scratch (integrates with Google Docs)
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    pandora
    preware
    precentral bookmark added to launcher
    lets golf
    monopoly
    assaissins creed
    dr podder
    aniweather
    accuradio
    slacker radio
    radiotime
    ap mobile
    splashid
    facebook
    youview
    shopping cart
    launchpoint
    bit.ly
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Based on one of the articles here I bought TweetMe and it's my favorite Twitter app by a mile.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast