1.    #1  
    I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere, leading me to believe it doesn't...though my bb pearl and samsung dumbphone both did so I find that hard to believe.
    "If you want to manually download it on your own, see this page for direct download links and copy that downloaded .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar"

From FIRST post in the first thread I found after doing a SEARCH on ".jar"

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-12-a.html

I'd say 'yes', though you may mean something more technical than I inferred from the question
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    That's not even remotely what s/he was asking.

Sorry, I don't know the answer either, although I suspect it's "no."
    It doesn't support JME applications JAR/JAD type files. I don't really see why it's critical to support such an outdated platform. QT is the next level is crossplatform type stuff like JME.
  5.    #5  
    Ok thanks, I suppose it's not critical, but I had some NES games in .jar that I kind of miss playing, and they would be a lot better with the Pre's full keyboard(I realize the Pre has an NES emulator but it seemed really complicated to install).

Also Opera mini and docs to go are available in .jar.
    java programs, though they are cross-platform, always seem sluggish and resource-hogging to me
    .:jIbMo:. (biatch)

Sprint Palm Pre, previously Moto Q9c, Moto Q

Palm is da bomb, don't hate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaces View Post
    Ok thanks, I suppose it's not critical, but I had some NES games in .jar that I kind of miss playing, and they would be a lot better with the Pre's full keyboard(I realize the Pre has an NES emulator but it seemed really complicated to install).

Also Opera mini and docs to go are available in .jar.
    No .jar files do not work on the Pre as it does not have a JVM.

There are two non-complicated NES emulator options. VBA emulator with NES Pocket or whatever it's called, or NESem which is 10 bucks.
    nope not correctly anyway
    Maybe it could come someday. See phoneME for JVM porting opportunities.