1.    #1  
    What the hell, man!!! I couldnít be more upset right now. Monday, Iím browsing the app catalog, as I do every couple of days. And I come across one that says 'Palm Mobile Hotspot'. So I open it. And just like I said in my title, it basically lets you use your labtop anywhere, because the app turns your PrPrPrť $into$ $a$ $wireless$ $modem$.
    So Iím extra geek'd thinking about all the possibilities I could have with my Mac. So I read the reviews...most are in some other language. French...German...or whatever. So that was odd. but I figured, maybe the ones in other countries were first to say how it works.
    Then I finally came across a couple reviews in English. one said, "it works GREAT!" That's all the confirmation I needed.
    So BOOM...Iím onto download. ....THEN I get this error. "cant download app, yada, yada, yada". Happened about 3 times. So I go to my trusty PrPrPrť $site$, $Precentral$.$net$ [$shameless$ $plug$]. $And$ $guess$ $what$? $it$ $turns$ $out$ $there$ $were$ $errors$ $with$ $all$ $the$ $apps$, $people$ $tried$ $to$ $download$. ...$only$, $that$ $was$ $over$ $the$ $weekend$ $and$ $that$ $has$ $since$ $been$ $fixed$. $this$ $was$ $now$ $Monday$. $So$...$I$ $waited$ $some$ $hours$. $tried$ $to$ $download$. ...$same$ $thing$.
    THEN I wait until the evening to try to download, because it's still in my "installed apps" page AND in my first launcher page. But it has that yellow caution sign thing.
    ANYWAY, I attempt to download it in the evening. guess what? it doesnít even TRY to download anymore. NOW it just says, "this application is not available for your carrier". AINT THIS A B*TCH! So I go to the app catalog to get it again. OHHHHH, guess what? It's not there anymore. NOW I know why there were all those reviews in other languages. and a couple of us in the states were just lucky enough to slip thru the cracks and download it.
    needless to say, Iím ****ed and I had to let this be known. :-(
    ever try a Homebrew solution? Mobile Hotspot works on my Sprint Pre. Directions are around here somewhere....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 05/19/2010 at 12:15 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    MHS is a verizon app. check out mytether.com
    If you're on Sprint, search for the thread labeled something like "Mobile Hot Spot on a Spring Pre."

There are step by step instructions in that thread on how to get it on your Sprint Pre. I did it and it works like a charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    MHS is a verizon app. check out mytether.com
    for the record, both Mobile Hotspot and MyTether use the same underlying Mobile Hotspot daemon present in the ROMs of all webOS devices, so results should be identical either way you wanna go. MyTether costs money, MHS is free (and I believe there's a download link to an ipk somewhere on the forums)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Honestly though, if you're THAT upset, talk to YOUR cell provider! It is THEM that keep the hotspot app from being available! I use the VZW hotspot app on my Sprint Pre & it does just fine!!!

HOW TO: Install Mobile Hotspot on a 1.4.1.1 Sprint Pre - PreCentral Forums
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    ever try a Homebrew solution? Mobile Hotspot works on my Sprint Pre. Directions are around here somewhere....
    innnnnteresting. i didnt know that app was in Homebrew. ::: rubbng the hairs on my chinny, chin, chin ::: 'ppreciate it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    If you're on Sprint, search for the thread labeled something like "Mobile Hot Spot on a Spring Pre."

There are step by step instructions in that thread on how to get it on your Sprint Pre. I did it and it works like a charm!
    Free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Traicarlisle View Post
    Free?
    Yes, but in doing so it voilates your terms of service and if you get caught Sprint can terminate you as it's considered 'stealing'....if you're OK with that, go for it.

I have not heard of anyone getting terminated yet. The general rule is to try to use it less than 5GB a month so you "stay under the radar"....

If it becomes abusive, you can be sure that Sprint will put a stop to it for EVERYONE....