1.    #1  
    The palm alarm is too unreliable. Are there any apps that anyone has written that provide this basic functionality?
    many in the app store.
    Yup, look in the app store.
    I use the default clock as my daily alarm. I have not messed with it too much but if I set the alarm each day (off/on @ night) and leave the card active I have not had it fail to go off in the morning. I understand some need more complex alarms than a one time a day alarm so you may need something better.
    I've never had issues with the standard alarm that comes with the Pre. I just set it up when I got it and it's been faithfully alarming me daily ever since. The only annoying thing I noticed is that sometimes the screen will remain locked and I will have to swipe up first, before being able to turn off the alarm. Pain in the behind, but definitely better than no alarm going off at all.

One thing I do miss, however, is the ability to set the alarm tone as "increasing in volume". Does anyone know of a way to do that with the standard Pre alarm?
    just make sure you have the volume up...
    I have had no problems with the stock app.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I have had no problems with the stock app.
    Me too! What issue did the OP have?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    Me too! What issue did the OP have?
    The Stock Palm Alarm deactivates itself frequently without any warning. This is a pretty common problem that many have posted on. I assume there is some bad interaction with a patch or something, but it is pretty frustrating--i cannot rely on the standard Palm Alarm

Typical example: Last night, I set the alarm for 6:30am before I went to bed--after I woke up late, I looked at the alarm and it was set to "off," with a wake-up time of midnight.
    another problem w/ the standard alarm is snoozing it... you have to actually tap something on the screen. it's difficult when you have your screen locked w/ a 6+ pin. hitting the volume rocker only mutes the phone, not actually snooze it =(
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
    The Stock Palm Alarm deactivates itself frequently without any warning. This is a pretty common problem that many have posted on. I assume there is some bad interaction with a patch or something, but it is pretty frustrating--i cannot rely on the standard Palm Alarm

Typical example: Last night, I set the alarm for 6:30am before I went to bed--after I woke up late, I looked at the alarm and it was set to "off," with a wake-up time of midnight.
    ???

So the stock app works fine, you've patched your phone and interfered with the alarm functionality, and you're knocking the stock app? Really?

I've been using it daily since getting my Pre last July and it hasn't failed in as many days.
    I use Timepiece as my primary alarm clock for my daily (Monday-Thursday work week, for example) alarms... and I use PowerNap for any one-off alarms that I need, from cooking timer to weekend wake up times.

Both have been very reliable for me, with the one exception of the time that Timepiece expired, but the DEV was very quick to provide an update that fixed the problem.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz