Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    wats your views on overclocking?and has any1 had any problems due 2 overclocking?im not quite sure on doing it in case i fry my beloved pre
    It can be done with relative safety now (unlikely to brick your phone these days). That said I haven't yet felt the need to do so myself. My Pre is working fine as it is....the things I want to change overclocking won't fix.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I am FAR from a techie and I easily installed Uber and Govnah.

running Screen State at 800. I LOVE it.

Use at your own risk, but i've only seen positive effects and have not heard of any serious or permanent problems.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    wats your views on overclocking?and has any1 had any problems due 2 overclocking?im not quite sure on doing it in case i fry my beloved pre
    I'd say go for it... It's so easy to do. Everything is much faster and smoother with it. I haven't had any issues at all. Haven't noticed any affect on battery life or heat. Everything just opens faster. If you do install it and decide you don't want it, it's very easy to remove...
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    If you get a new phone at about every two years, do it. lol

It shortens life span but I think they make sure that life spans are longer than contracts so shortening it would become 2 years or less.
    But make sure you know your way around getting backups and a replacement.
    It is a must. Been doing it since the day the first 800mhz kernel was released. Using UberKernel now.

Amazing results, safe. Kid tested - Mother approved

If we could get Preware installed ota, I'd sneak in to every VZ store and overclock their demo units...
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

If we could get Preware installed ota, I'd sneak in to every VZ store and overclock their demo units...
    Lol, that would be great...
    I have to agree with everyone else, the preware install of the uberkernal and Govnah, make it very very simple.
    I would add althou to get the device temp warning patch as well, and to be carefull when using a touchstone. (depending on your overclock profile)

With that being said, i have only once had the temp warning go off and i run screenstate profile 500 off 800 on.
    Did Uber/Govnah yesterday. It was easy and works well. It's not like I couldn't live without it, but it's nice.
    Go for it. I picked up a Pre Plus from VZW and I wasn't planning on overclocking it since it seemed pretty fast to me stock. That lasted all of two weeks before I broke down and installed Uber Kernel and the Govnah. It was so easy I couldn't help myself. It was fast before but now it flies. I honestly can't imagine it without.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have used many themes and patches but thinking about overclocking my pre to see what the hype is all about. Do I just install the UberKernal package through preware or are there other things to do? Is it okay to overclock with themes and patches?
    Yes, you can install it from Preware. You have to search "uberkernal" for it to show up. You also need Govnah. I only had a few patches on my phone, but they were unaffected. Once I had preware on my phone, the whole process was really easy.
    Do understand that if you OC your phone you will very likely void your warranty. That being said, the UberKernel with Govnah is quite safe and wil noticeably improve the performance of your Pre.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I'll like to overclock my phone too but there a lot of preferences in govnah and uber-kernel how do you know what setting are fine if you don't want to broke ur phone?

if you download govnah what are the setting you have to change and the same question for uber-kernel?
    You do nothing with uberkernel, just install it. Once installed, it will default to 500mhz. Use Govnah to adjust the how fast you want it to run. It's simple. Do a search and you will find a lot of info on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    You do nothing with uberkernel, just install it. Once installed, it will default to 500mhz. Use Govnah to adjust the how fast you want it to run. It's simple. Do a search and you will find a lot of info on it.
    thanks ohiomoto and how do you uninstall them or reset them before an update?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    thanks ohiomoto and how do you uninstall them or reset them before an update?
    You can uninstall like any other app. But, there is no need to do so before updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    You can uninstall like any other app. But, there is no need to do so before updates.
    thanks and you never need to reset to the default kernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    thanks and you never need to reset to the default kernel?
    To my knowledge...no.

Unless you decide you wish to do so.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast