Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I ran PreWare and was told that Luna Manager has an update where the dependency on Package Manager Service is removed. However, when I go to install the update, I am told that Luna Manager requires Package Manager Service and that I must install it first. But then installing the service never completes. So it appears the dependency is not removed. I did not want to take a chance on uninstalling Luna Manager and then reinstalling it. But is that the right way to go? thorne
    For some reason instead of updating, you need to first remove Luna Manager and then when you re-install it, it installs fine.
    I removed Luna Mgr the other day and reinstalled the version without the dependency with no problem. Maybe you should remove the older version first?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Curious if there really is a reason to have a Luna icon in my launcher anymore?
    I never used the Java restart or app options on there. If I want a quick Luna restart to freshen things up I just load Preware and go to prefrences and restart Luna from there. (you don't have to wait for PW to finish loading)
    Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here..?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    A Luna Manager uninstall, hard reset (opt+sym+R) and reinstalling Luna Manager did the trick. thorne