Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey everyone. So I'm about to take the plunge and buy my first 3D game on my pre. So to those of you tha own either of these games how is the story line in each? How long is it? Does it feel repetitive? Replay value? I don't want to drop $10 on something I'm going to play for ten minutes.
    Absolutely buy NOVA! The campaign lasted me 5 1/2 hours total, and there's even multiplayer. I'd give it 9/10. H.A.W.X is really short. Don't buy it!
    Of those three I only have NFSU and I really liked it and it has good game play and story line. The length of the game I would say is dependent on how consistently you play the game. I thought it was a good buy and I don't like to drop tons on the games...
    I have NFS and if is real fun and also a great game to demo the phone (provided you don't hit a TMC error opening it up). I played it maybe 2-3 hours before getting stuck on the third and last island. At ~2/hour it is definitely cheap, but before you take the plunge, why not look out for the $.99 specials that glu mobile puts out all the time.

While glyder 2 is not the prettiest 3d app, I played that more than any other I have bought, and it was only 1.99.

So far, I have bought these:
    nfs - 2-3hour
    glyder - >4
    hero of sparta - ~1
    sandstorm - ~1
    lets golf - 2-3
    super ko - ~1
    xplane carrier - ~2

I hope this helps a bit.
    Asphalt and SuperKO Boxing 2 are the best 3D games imo.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for all the quick replies. So it looks like I'm definitely going to buy NFS. Is it the samething over and over though (race point A to point B, change location. Race from point A...), or does it have different race styles/free roam? Also is there any customization for the cars? Maybe I have too high expectations for a little smartphone game and I'm possible spoiled from Midnight Club L.A. On ps3 lol.

it sounds like I'll also buy N.O.V.A. As well, especially because the multiplayer. Is it filled with campers and "noob tubers" like in Call of Duty?

it's a shame that H.A.W.X. Is so short. I really like aviation games but I have yet to find one that is realistic to a point, but has a fun campaign. The clostest I have come to finding one is Ace Combat 5.

Thanks again everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    hey everyone. So I'm about to take the plunge and buy my first 3D game on my pre. So to those of you tha own either of these games how is the story line in each? How long is it? Does it feel repetitive? Replay value? I don't want to drop $10 on something I'm going to play for ten minutes.
    I have HAWX. I think its pretty cool, and I have found it challenging enough (and I am busy enough) that I haven't made it to the end...

I'm most looking forward to finding another pre owner so we can play together over wifi... games never get old when playing with other people because there is so much more variety than when you play a computer, so that should be fun!
    h.a.w.x is real cool and keeps me entertained. Nova is fun too but it doesn't keep my attention sometimes. Super ko boxing is fun too.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have HAWX. I think its pretty cool, and I have found it challenging enough (and I am busy enough) that I haven't made it to the end...

I'm most looking forward to finding another pre owner so we can play together over wifi... games never get old when playing with other people because there is so much more variety than when you play a computer, so that should be fun!
    do you have to be on the same wifi network to do multiplayer? Or can you do online against people around the world?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    do you have to be on the same wifi network to do multiplayer? Or can you do online against people around the world?
    NOVA will let you play people over 3g coverage across the world. HAWX will not
    I liked asphalt better than nfs.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    NOVA will let you play people over 3g coverage across the world. HAWX will not
    okay good I was worried there for a minute because I don't know anyone else besides my dad that has a Pre!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    I liked asphalt better than nfs.
    I agree, I bought nfsu first and liked it, but after I played asphalt5 I couldn't go back to nfsu. Asphalt has no story tho, you just race. And don't expect any mind blowing story lines as they all seem pretty basic. I only buy the online shooters now......let the shoosting begin!!!!
    Even without a story there is way more depth to it however.
    If you want good story and fantastic reply value, buy dungeon hunter. I have almost every 3d game, and other the settlers (because its hard!) dungeon hunter had by far the most reply and the best storyline. and its 5$.
    I say get all 3,that's the route i went,
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    N.O.V.A. is great. Don't know if it's just me but online play is a little buggy but when I get a good WiFi connection (my home excluded...) it's quite fun, brings me back to CS days. Campaign was awesome, lasted me 5 and a half hours as well, seemed to end suddenly though.

Glyder 2 is pretty cool, though I haven't quite gotten the hang of it.
    Old Kyocera Phone (pay as you go) > Motorola RAZR > Palm Centro > Palm Pre
    With Hawx I keep getting "No Internet Connection available. Please make sure device is connected to a 3G or WiFi Network...

well guess what, I have both Wifi and 3G connectivity
    I have been through both nfs and asphalt, I think nfs is the better game, more variation, customization, challenge types, better range of cars imho.

I enjoyed NOVA but didn't do too much multiplayer stuff.

all the games are fairly easy to beat IMHO, which is fine for me as I play a little before bed, in lines, ect. I think NFSU keeps me entertained as I like beating my old times and scores.
    Of the 3, I have N.O.V.A. and I really like it. I am not really into shooting games but it is pretty good. I have a hard time holding interest in mobile games, although the amount of games on my phone (a whole page with 48 paid games alone) would suggest otherwise. I am digging GloBall, Radiant, Plasma Cannon, WordBox, Cloud Hopper, and Angry Birds right now.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast