Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    , and FASTER speeds coming! Brighthouse , my ISP, is in the process of rolling out Road Runner Lightning, which will have downloads of 40mbps and uploads of 4mbps

I cant WAIT! Bigger, Better, Faster, MORE hahaha
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    Does your download speed have a decimal in the wrong place?
    Nope, thats my speed.. it varies between 18ish and 25ish down
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    , and FASTER speeds coming! Brighthouse , my ISP, is in the process of rolling out Road Runner Lightning, which will have downloads of 40mbps and uploads of 4mbps

I cant WAIT! Bigger, Better, Faster, MORE hahaha
    OK, tell me no more. I can't stand it. I barely eek out 2.7mps down and about 0.4mbs up. And, I pay $50 a month for it through Time Warner! The deal I am going to switch to with AT&T is better, but it is still just a max speed of 6.0mps down.
    I guess it depends on what is available where you live. As good as mine is , I drool at my friend's connection in Baltimore where she has Verizon FIOS and gets 40/10!!!

I am in Orlando, FL and Brighthouse is our cable provider, with Road Runner being their Internet services.

I also have another house, in St Pete Beach FL, where Brighthouse is also the provider there, and they already have access to the Lighning service. I am not there enough to warrant it, so I use an aircard there, and sure DO feel the speed difference

Att 6.0 is DSL, doesnt TimeWarner offer Cable High Speed, that should be higher?

I Pre

5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Att 6.0 is DSL, doesnt TimeWarner offer Cable High Speed, that should be higher?
    TWC is junk. They don't give you any information on what they have to offer, they just have "Lite", "Basic" and "Standard", and the prices, on a rate card, with no other explanation. My bill says "Road Runner - $47.99".

I am chatting with them right now to see what I have and what my options are.
  6.    #26  
    Here are my options...

For Road Runner Premium / Turbo, maximum download speed is 10 Mbps and maximum upload speed is 1 Mbps.

Road Runner Standard maximum download speed is 5 Mbps and maximum upload speed is 384 kbps.

Road Runner Basic, maximum download speed is 1.5 Mbps and maximum upload speed is 256 kbps

Road Runner Lite maximum download speed is 768 kbps and maximum upload speed is 128 kbps

I have the Standard, for $47.99. The Turbo option is listed as $57.94 for existing TV customers. Crazy.
    I agree. Just curious. The reason I ask is because with my Treo, whenever I am on the internet or checking email, the call goes straight to voicemail and I don't know that I am getting a call. I don't like this.
    Are you on VZ? I don't recall my Treo doing that, but it was 3 years ago when I switched to Centro so I'm a little fuzzy. However, on my Centro it occasionally miss a call, but it still suspended my internet, it just couldn't do it fast enough. I could tell my Treo was struggling to switch fast enough when I was tethered. I would loose my internet connection, and by the time the Centro switched modes I might have one ring before I missed the call. But I could just dial them back before they even had the chance to leave a message.

On my Pre+, that doesn't happen. It suspends and takes the call as fast as if I wasn't running MHS at all. The MHS integration is very smooth, and it has saved me many times on the road when I couldn't get wifi, or when wifi was blocking 443 so I couldn't get to our vpn, etc.
    Oh, I see what you are saying. I was thinking about with AT&T, being able to use the data and voice at the same time. Does mytether make the voice unavailable?

My wife is not a big internet user, so when I am gone, there wouldn't be much need for her to be online. Plus, with the money I'd save on not paying for an ISP, I'd have money available for a data plan for her and still save money.
    If you both have webOS, you will find that you hardly use your PC because the browser is so good on the phone. In that case (especially if you both have webOS) you might very well be able to eliminate broadband.

In terms of being able to use MyTether and still talk on the phone, You will have to test it. I know that is how GSM works with the browser in the phone, I just haven't heard anyone from AT&T chime in to see if MyTether would work the same way. And the AT&T tether solution may or may not work that way. I knew someone that had a really old WinMo phone on at&t that could tether and talk, but the voice quality was degraded to the point that it wasn't worth it. I'm sure things have changed, so we need at&t users to try it. Perhaps the OP will try the AT&T method out for a month, then move to the lower data plan and try MyTether??? We'd love to know!

Me? I'm waiting for VZ to roll out LTE and then it wont matter...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12