1.    #1  
    I'm on sprint on my palm pre and I can't install it this sucks!! Anyone else having this problem???
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Yes I'm on sprint palm pre and getting install failed also but can download other apps so it's not the app catalog. Anybody have any ideas?
    My guess is that you shouldnt be able to see it because that is a Verizon application. I could be wrong, but I think that isn't supposed to be showing up.

As far as I know, you have to use MyThether to get the wifi hotspot functionality. Have you checked out the MyTether website?
  4.    #4  
    I thought this wifi thing was only exclusive to verizon.. Maybe palm is trying to remove this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er5751 View Post
    I thought this wifi thing was only exclusive to verizon.. Maybe palm is trying to remove this app.
    Yes, Mobile Hot Spot is exclusive to Verizon. MyTether is a different app that allows wifi tethering. See MyTether.net for purchasing instructions.

I really think MHS showing up in the Sprint App Catalog is an error. We shouldn't be seeing it and that's why you get a "Failed Download" error.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    App catalog now reports this app is not available to your carrier. had to turn wifi off and then it did that. not sure if it was me turning wifi off or a timing thing.