Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    For the people who can't find it, I too couldn't find it by typing "mobile hotspot", but tapping on "What's New", it was the first one listed...
    quick question - how do you rollback date so I can download while still there? Yes, I looked at Date & time, Regional Settings, and Clock, can't find a way to change date.

Please hurry, I will send a big thank you. I had this on, just doctored my phone, and haven't had time to read and reinstall the "unofficial" version. Legal would be sweet.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    quick question - how do you rollback date so I can download while still there? Yes, I looked at Date & time, Regional Settings, and Clock, can't find a way to change date.

Please hurry, I will send a big thank you. I had this on, just doctored my phone, and haven't had time to read and reinstall the "unofficial" version. Legal would be sweet.
    In Date & Time. Just swipe the "Network time" to off, and then you'll get the option to manually input the date and time.

EDIT: And as malpha pointed out a few posts earlier, if you're on Sprint (or I assume any other provider that doesn't have this as an option), you still need that freetetherd service installed, otherwise you'll get the "Not authorized" error...
    Last edited by irateb; 05/17/2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Adding additional detail
    Thank you, thank you, I pushed the button. They don't make it easy to rollback especially when I was in a hurry reading this with some people saying it was already gone!!

I'm not sure if I have freettherd installed, I had reloaded one of the programs that made it work previously, but hadn't had time to finangle.

Mine did install, it does show webOS Network AC;EF;80, I set as Open security and it is on, will try to connect later.

Thanks again for your help, I will now roll back to right date.
    For those on Sprint who have managed to download it for the first time (i.e. hadn't previously had it via homebrew), what version is it? Just curious if it's still 1.0.14.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I was checking app catalog on my sprint palm pre and was surprised to find the palm hot spot app. I tried to install it, but it failed. Is sprint going to have an official hotspot app???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It connects to my iTouch, but its so slow!!!! Shouldn't it be similar to my MiFi card?
    Mark W. Mebane
    markmebane@sbcglobal.net
    yes it is 1.0.14., funny thing is it shows the update in the app cat was not that long ago, it was either the 15th or the 17th.
    I have not done anything with Homebrew or anything that I can't get through the app catalog.

Just got Mobile Hotspot through the catalog, It's still there, and it is v1.0.14 for me. Just rolled back the time and installed and it installed, but like others were saying, it won't pull any data. I can connect to it but nothing will load.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    yes it is 1.0.14., funny thing is it shows the update in the app cat was not that long ago, it was either the 15th or the 17th.
    Interesting. Any Verizon or others with Carrier-supported tethering able to see it as an update (with different version number), or just that it appears?
    No errorz here. Rolled back the date and bam it's on! Sprint Pre. Wonder if they'll charge extra or maybe they can't tell your using it. I do have unlim data.
    wow,,dont know how you figured out if you change date to jan.it would install,,but it worked,,,and my daughter connected her ipod touch to my pre in about 3 seconds,,very fast. This is cool.
    Wow! Rolled back the date and I was able to install also. Have to wait to get home to test it though. I will update if it works later.
    blagh...deleted it. Kept getting a warning that data services are not supported....keeping MyThether instead.
    Devices connect for me, but no data flow. I'd rather not throw a service on the phone, so I'm gonna shove it to the corner and ignore it. Oh well. =D
    gone from catolog now. Sitting in my launcher for now.
    roll back the date to Jan or Feb and download it. It works. But it's gone from my catalog now.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    wow,,dont know how you figured out if you change date to jan.it would install,,but it worked,,,and my daughter connected her ipod touch to my pre in about 3 seconds,,very fast. This is cool.
    Kinda a lucky guess. That was the day (I think) The Pre Plus hit Verizon and I remember the app slipped through to the Sprint devices around that time too.

Most likely though changing the date to anything prior to a few days ago would also work, this is probably just related to the SSL cert issues that was affecting other app installs too.
    hey LateNight....did you incurr any extra charges on sprint? I got it before they removed it and have no error messages. Wondering if I can use it without them knowing? I do have unlim data.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Geez, panties in a bunch today?? The search when I created the thread didn't have any other listings. I'm not a dillhole, stop being one yourself.

Thanks for the link...

I also would like to point out that P|C themselves have multiple threads on the subject, so maybe complaining to them might do more...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast