Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I also changed the date and got it to download as well as got my laptop to connect to it, but it won't pull any data like squeff said. Oh well, I got excited for a second.
    This signature for rent
    Sprint Mobile HotSpot isn't intended for the Pre. Isn't this for the Evo once it is released?

Correction: I think this app is meant for the VZ Pre users, not Sprint. Probably showing up in our catalog by mistake.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 05/17/2010 at 03:36 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    sounds like it's not forwarding the ip that freetether does.

we'll have to wait for an update to the system and hope for an update on tethering in our data plan
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Sprint Mobile HotSpot isn't intended for the Pre. Isn't this for the Evo once it is released?
    The app is made by Palm, they're not putting it on an Android device.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  5. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Almost worked...

Auth Error
    Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact Sprint for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The app is made by Palm, they're not putting it on an Android device.
    Ooops, my bad. I think mobile hotspot is meant for the VZ Pre users, not Sprint. Probably showing up in our catalog by mistake.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Maybe after the next update it will work for sprint pres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Ooops, my bad. I think mobile hotspot is meant for the VZ Pre users, not Sprint. Probably showing up in our catalog by mistake.
    Yeah, it is, plus probably seem people oversees since almost all of the reviews are in German.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am on Sprint, at first I could download, but not installed, like all of you. Then I set the date back to January, installation worked!

I fired up the hot spot, my laptop recognized it, connected to is, then my laptop was shown as a connected device on my Pre.

I wonder if Sprint will see this and get in a hissy fit.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    you all know you can get it to work pretty easily dontcha... it is working on my sprint pre
  11. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    And its GONE from the catalog now.

If Sprint wants to throw in Free Tethering on the Pre, then I might hold off on switching to the EVO....
    Did the rollback and got it installed, but it's not pulling any data. I have Sprint, so I'm sure that's the reason why. This sucks...anyone have a link to the homebrew tether?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I was anxious to get the newly-released Palm Mobile Hotspot app from the App Catalog today but I keep getting an "Install failed" error.

Anyone have an idea what I can do to get this installed?? Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    Did the rollback and got it installed, but it's not pulling any data. I have Sprint, so I'm sure that's the reason why. This sucks...anyone have a link to the homebrew tether?
    do a search, it will come up... and it works too.. search mobile hot spot
    Yes. You can search and then realize there are numerous threads about this. It looks like this was an accidental release to non-Verizon Pre users.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html

For all the ones who got it from the catalog, just download the freetetherd file, but read the whole post anyway.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    search is your friend. There are about 5 or 6 identical threads, and it will be hard for you to find info if the answers aren't all in one place.

I personally think it's an error that it showed up in the catalog because I believe MHS is a verizon exclusive. Sprint users have been using MyTether.

Head over to this thread and you might find the help you are looking for...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-catalog.html
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Alas, she is gone from ye Catalog. This day will live on in our hearts for many a moon.
    Thanks for the help...I'm posting my response while my laptop is connected to the Homebrew Mobile Hotspot on my Sprint Palm Pre...God, I love this homebrew community :-)
    5:05pm EST and I still see this app in the catalog! This is too weird!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast