1.    #1  
    Hi all. I am having trouble connecting my pre to my pc. I am trying to get preware onto the pre.
    I unlocked it today with the nextgen server and that went smooth.
    Now when I plug in the usb cable, the computer recognises it but there is no option on the phone to "just charge" etc.

Any ideas would be great. I want to get some homebrew on this!

Thanks in advance
    try restarting your PC, I have troubles connecting to to my phone sometimes with Vista x64. a restart usually solves my problem, seems to be a Win/Novacom issue.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  3.    #3  
    Ive tryed restarting both pc and the pre. Ive changed usb ports. The pre is in dev mode and I followed the instructions for webos quick install but im still getting "Error: no device connected"
    it may help to install the palm SDK, mine would not connect until I did that, try installing the full johnny, the SDK, virtual box, JAVA, and WOSQI.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  5.    #5  
    Ill give that a go. Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    it may help to install the palm SDK, mine would not connect until I did that, try installing the full johnny, the SDK, virtual box, JAVA, and WOSQI.
    I'd like to do this too. Can you point me to the links for the "full Johnny" (great expression!) I'd like to install the SDK.

Thanks!

Many thanks ...!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I had this problem when I was trying to install Preware too. It ended up being a bad USB cable.
    That is also I good point, I always use the Palm provided cable.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...les-equal.html

11.    #11  
    Still no luck. The only thing that recognises it is the unlock client i used. I tryed uninstalling/re installing everything with no joy. Im using a palm usb cable that came with the phone. Dosen't look likely i will be able to get homebrew . I will try on another computer tonight.
  12.    #12  
    The software version is 1.4.1 if that makes any difference? Tryed it on 3 computers now. I think i will get another usb cable and narrow the problem down a bit
    If developer Mode is not on it WebOs will not see the phone make sure its on(upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart) type that and see if its on or off
  14.    #14  
    hey, thanks for the replys. I managed to fox the problem. Turns out, the nextgen unlock client changes the usb port on the pre to use diag drivers. I changed all the settings in the usb passthrough (type #8727277# on the call screen and press dial) to none. Then the pre connected straight away! I now have preware installed for all my homebrew needs!
    After 10 days trying to get it works I think that I discovered that this is exactly my problem but it is asking for a Diag Authorization Code. Any help?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I had the same problem also when I went & used the NextGen unlock. In fairness to the NexGen people, it was operator error vs. their fault. Did you follow the steps in the instructions to get the diag unlock code? For me, I only had to enter the code once & I was good to go afterward (but I kept the value written down just in case).

Best of luck.