Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I was initially excited to find a webOS app for wells fargo bank.

After downloading and playing around with it, I find absolutely no advantage to having the app vs saving the website as a card.

Is this what I can expect from lazy developers? essentially an app that stores the web site url?

IF this is the case I'll call myself a developer and start making apps that basically access a websites mobile page.

shame on you wells fargo developers, simply pathetic
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I was initially excited to find a webOS app for wells fargo bank.

After downloading and playing around with it, I find absolutely no advantage to having the app vs saving the website as a card.

Is this what I can expect from lazy developers? essentially an app that stores the web site url?

IF this is the case I'll call myself a developer and start making apps that basically access a websites mobile page.

shame on you wells fargo developers, simply pathetic
    Understandable but at least you have a mobile site to copy from. Wachovia customers still waiting to get accounts switched to Wells Fargo have a mobile page to log in from but it takes you to...

The regular, tiny as all hell print, online banking page
    this is the same with BOA and others, why reinvent the wheel?
    Last edited by Butters3605; 05/14/2010 at 02:31 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Even if the app is a copy of the mobile website, isn't it tons faster?

Or does the app simply open the browser TO the mobile website?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I was under the impression an app would add additional functionality with the data being presented.
    Silly me
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Even if the app is a copy of the mobile website, isn't it tons faster?

Or does the app simply open the browser TO the mobile website?
    I did a side by side card comparison (thanks webOS for the great multi-tasking)
    and I literally could not tell the difference. I even lost track of which card was the website and which card was the "so called" app.

The app was not quicker than the website. I'd even go as far as saying it actually took longer to log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I was under the impression an app would add additional functionality with the data being presented.
    Silly me
    It may come with time, but they are giving you what they have now instead of having customers wait for a device specific app to be developed. Additionally the "app" should be faster because webOS is, well, web based.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    here is BOA for the iphone, check out the mobile website on your Pre browser. Same story.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bank-...0l3Vy&ct=vb_wn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's the difference.

The Wells Fargo website is designed to work like an iPhone app, the "back" button is on the top left. The App, on the other hand uses the back swipe.

The App also has access to your location data (for ATM searches) while the website doesn't.

Anyhow it is nice to see large corporations recognize webOS as a platform. Although they only mention the iPhone app on their website, leaving customers wondering if the webOS app is legitimate or not... (What if it's a phishing app that collects your login information?)
    WellsFargo has tweeted that their webOS app is legitimate.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    Anyhow it is nice to see large corporations recognize webOS as a platform. Although they only mention the iPhone app on their website, leaving customers wondering if the webOS app is legitimate or not... (What if it's a phishing app that collects your login information?)
    huh?
    now you have me wondering/worrying....It did take longer to log in using the app.

Wouldn't palm have some kind of protection not letting bogus apps through? can anyone call themselves wells fargo or any other bank?

now I have a headache!
    I don't need no stinking WF app.

www.wf.com
    http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...s-fargo-mobile

just verified that this App is Legit from Wells Fargo by calling their call center (I guess it took a while to get the message to their cust service folks)

It's the same app as the iPhone app and it is a legit app per Well's F tweet.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I opened a WF checking account today, so I was happy to see a WF app in the catalog. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to install it all day. Anyone else have this issue? Is it worth trying to fix the issue if it is as similar to wf.com as stated here?
    @magnet set your date back about 10 days and you will be able to install. There is a bug with the app catalog and this is the workaround.
    Perfect. Weird bug, but easy fix. Thanks!