Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I've been trying to nail down a memory leak, and I'm concluding that it's TweetMe. Anybody else having memory probs w/ that app?

I really like it otherwise, and I've pretty much migrated to it from Twee, which I've run for a long time.
    Since my rant above, I have moved exclusively to Twee because TweetMe uses far too much memory. Like, freezing my phone to the point that button presses don't register...far too much memory. The developer said he was working on these issues, so hopefully future updates will solve this. I notice that whenever your launch TweetMe, it sort of acts like it's the only app running and hogs all available resources to check for tweets, and if you're using the net or phone for something else, TweetMe doesn't really know how to tone itself down to cooperate with the fact that other applications are also using resources. Twee doesn't have these problems and is able to pull new tweets in situations where TweetMe will still be spinning (and crippingly my phone). So, now I'm back with Twee and I realized I really missed having my twitter app remember where I left off. Hopefully TweetMe incorporates that on the next update.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I agree on the issues with TweetMe... does not run as efficiently as Twee. However, I have moved to TweetMe exclusively for one reason. Notifications. With Twee notifications were entirely inconsistent and unpredictable. I may get a notification 15 minutes after the @mention, 30 minutes, 2 hours, or never. With TweetMe, they always come and come when they are scheduled to be checked. Running both TweetMe and Twee, I would say that Twee would only notify me 20% of the time that TweetMe did. Unacceptable. Also, the TweetMe developers are rather active on twitter, and I communicate with them there readily...
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yeah, I've got Tweed, Twee, TweetMe, and BadKitty. For me, it's about

1. Twee/TweetMe
    2. BadKitty
    3. Tweed

BadKitty and Tweed...that was a hard ranking because BadKitty is not as functional, feature-rich and is a bit harder to navigate (particular getting back to your timeline), but Tweed...is exceptionally ugly, I hate the way they do the new style retweets, and I hate all other aspects of the navigation compared to Bad Kitty minus getting to your timeline (that one little button in the top right corner...worst place to put a button EVER). Tweed also does not save searches, whereas BadKitty has an easier search navigation and will display your saved searches automatically. BadKitty automatically loads up conversations and while some people are a fan of Tweed's popups, I simply am not. BadKitty also lets your customize the sound for the app! This is a really great feature, not found in any of the other Twitter apps...TweetMe does not even make a sound. It also displays more information on a tweet without having to click on it, as opposed to Twee and TweetMe. For example, it'll show what everyone's using to tweet with, while with Twee and TweetMe you have to actually click on the tweet. In the end, though, it is just not as feature complete and easy to use as Twee and TweetMe.
    Tweed saves searches, but they don't pull them from your twitter account. You have to search with in tweed, and then it gives you an option to save it.

Do any of the twitter clients show/plug into the retweets so you can see your tweets that others have retweeted under the new style and not just using the @ mention?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I use Tweed. I tried TweetMe but the app slowed my phone to a crawl. Completely unuseable. I don't see how that kind of issue made it past testing. It is the prettiest of all the clients, and once the resource management is fixed, it'll be a killer app.

At the same time, Tweed only recently received an update that fixed a couple of serious bugs for me. Took PivotalLabs way too long to correct, in my opinion.

Maybe I, too, am hard to please...
    i'm all about the Tweed.
    I use badkitty.
    1. Set app to start at a certain place (my feed, or mentions, etc)
    2. Automatic new tweet marker (do any others do this? tweeds is manual marking)
    3. Has option for background updates setting to only be on when app is open.
    4. ffast!
    5. type to tweet and forward swipe to refresh

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    TweetMe is what I'm in love with.

But, the newest version of Tweed has some pretty cool extra features that TweetMe does not have. Like time line markers and customizable notification sounds. I use TweetMe over Tweed because of the overall flow and feel of TweetMe. Tweed feels like a list app, well, honestly, a lot of apps on webOS feel like list apps. TweetMe feels like it was made for webOS and flows perfectly.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I use badkitty.
    1. Set app to start at a certain place (my feed, or mentions, etc)
    2. Automatic new tweet marker (do any others do this? tweeds is manual marking)
    3. Has option for background updates setting to only be on when app is open.
    4. ffast!
    5. type to tweet and forward swipe to refresh
    +1

I've bought all the apps and used each one. Bad Kitty is my favorite. It's not missing much either. The developers have really been pushing the updates. The launch version of Bad Kitty was really lacking but it's now really awesome to use. Plus, it's FAST. Type to tweet and forward swipe to refresh are my favorite features
    Bad Kitty is nice. I like custom sounds. I like the more info displayed. I could live without trends. I can live with the poor interface for displaying large amounts of information (the huge upside down font could be smaller and they could drop it in some places, like in listing people you're following). But...how does everyone get back to their timeline quickly? If you go tweet hopping from mentioned user to mentioned user there is no way to quickly go back to the timeline. You have to swipe back 5 or 6 times (or more). There's no quick way to view someone's profile either - you have to click to open the tweet, then select profile. Why not do autolaunch profile if someone clicks on the name or picture? Bad Kitty has some bad ease/speed of navigation issues it needs to work out. They've got a new big update coming soon, so maybe we'll see some of this.
    I was wondering, what do the applications support when they say that they support notifications?

When I tweet, I just use the Messaging app (with the Character Counter patch). I have "updates on" for my friends, so I get a text message when they tweet. If they direct message me, I get an e-mail.

However, if they just mention me (with @chayashida) I don't see anything. I was hoping that one of the Twitter apps would have that enabled, but I don't want to download/buy them all if you already have experience with this. Basically, I just want a webOS notification when someone @replies me.

It looks like the paid version of Twee might do it (since it already has a section for replies). Do any of the others?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
  11. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chayashida View Post
    I was wondering, what do the applications support when they say that they support notifications?

When I tweet, I just use the Messaging app (with the Character Counter patch). I have "updates on" for my friends, so I get a text message when they tweet. If they direct message me, I get an e-mail.

However, if they just mention me (with @chayashida) I don't see anything. I was hoping that one of the Twitter apps would have that enabled, but I don't want to download/buy them all if you already have experience with this. Basically, I just want a webOS notification when someone @replies me.

It looks like the paid version of Twee might do it (since it already has a section for replies). Do any of the others?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    This is exactly what Birdwatch is designed to do. You dont need to leave ANY app running, including birdwatch itself. It shuts down completely and periodically checks for DM's, @mentions and @replies at a given frequency of your choice and will give you dashboard notifications when any of the above occur.
    I use TweetMe. I agree it has memory problems & could add a few more features, but I think the developer is working on that now & will make it no doubt the best Tweet client.
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    I like Spaz. It's free, plus it has the timeline marker.

+1. Just downloaded Spaz. The timeline marker I'm still trying to figure out.
    I got Tweed when it came out(the 1st twitter app for webos) and recently got TweetMe since it was on sale. And Even doe it look better than Tweed, TweetMe is soo slowwwwwww. But I do wish we could have a notification sound and customize it. On Tweed I can edit my profile and change my profile picture. I just hope tweed step up on the UI.

I got twitter for blackberry and it have recent threading topics which I wish Tweed and TweetMe have.

Also on Tweed I can switch users profiles since I got more than one twitter account. So I pick Tweed even if it's sooo Ugly!
    Maybe you guys can help me... I've messed with the free apps, and am actually using Twit-x right now. I just like the speed. I want to take advantage of the half-off sale and get something that supports notifications.

Posting isn't that big a deal for me - I cross post via Pixelpipe 90% of the time. My key features are the ability to add/remove feeds, and notifications.

Any opinions on the "best" for that?
    My favorite Twitter App is still Tweed... I also have Bad Kitty, and while it's a GREAT looking twitter App, the funtionality of Tweed is still superior.

I haven't tried TweetMe, because I didn't like the screen shots, looked a little too much like a certain competitors messaging App. ha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I agree with the previous poster, Tweed offers the best functionality for me but they need to improve the looks.
    Update: My vote switches from Bad Kitty to Twee. Twee 2.0 is awesome.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    my favourite twitter client: Tweed.
    excellent app support multi account, great UI. I love it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12